Tokyo Shock VERSUS Director Cut available now

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by DefJeff, Jul 20, 2003.

1. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

2. Rainbowthief

Rainbowthief Guest

DELAYED??? NO!!!! I just pre-ordered it from Amazon.com tonight because it says on their site that it's being released on July 29.

3. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

Yeah, I did check out Amazon and it still does say July 29th, but DVD Empire has listed for awhile that it was delayed until 8/19.

Let's hope Amazon is right, I can't wait to get my hands on the SE!! If yours ends up shipping, please let us know!

4. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Whats so special about this directors cut? Did the director put shit back into the flick or what?

Nick

5. Erg0n

Erg0n My Baby Picture

In a House that's Up My Butt In A Cellar, Canada
  6. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

7. Atmims

Atmims Guest

I really need to re-check this film out. Probably just wait for the SE though. Thanks for the tip Jeff!

8. 2D4EVER

2D4EVER Guest

The directors cut is the regular cut. No new footage.

9. ScarredGod

ScarredGod Guest

just read a review of the new Versus DVD at digitalbits and the video quality sounds very disappointing...

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/doogansviews/080803.html#versus

"Media Blasters isn't known for its DVD quality, and at this point in time they don't seem to be trying to rectify that. Versus is a step up from the bad pirate copy you can find at your favorite comic/DVD shop, but only a small step up. The picture is very soft, full of artifacts and lacking in definition. The blacks, of which there are plenty, shift and shimmy with compression artifacts. I thought I could get used to the sub par picture pretty fast, but because the camera work in this film is so fluid, these problems just keep coming up, which prevents me from forgetting it's a shitty transfer. Hey, but it's anamorphic at least, I guess I can be happy about that."

10. Ash

Ash New Member

Yea the image quality isn't as good as the Japanese release. Anyone know why they didn't use a double amaray case? I was disappointed that they include the second disc in a paper sleave.