Tom Savini remaking Nightmare City

Discussion in 'General' started by Steel76, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tom-savini-umberto-lenzi-present-nightmare-city

Umberto Lenzi is involved, and Dean Cundey is supposed to be behind the camera.

Could be cool with Lenzi and Cundey involved, but at the same time, I am so fucking sick and tired of all these damn zombie movies. Sure the zombies in Nightmare City, are infected, but they still look and act like Zombies.

The original Lenzi movie, isn´t a masterpiece, but it´s one hell of an entertaining and cheezy action/horror movie. I doubt the remake will be anywhere near as fun.
    No one can make zombie movies like the Italians did, back in the day.

Tom Savini asked for money for another Zombie movie a while back, and barely got any money at all. I kinda doubt this will make it as well, but who knows ;)

What do you guys think? Will you help to fund this project?

2. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Eh, I'll probably rent it but not going out of my way to track it down or anything. And it'll be more out of curiosity, really - just to see how badly "down the drain" Savini has gone. These guys, legends as they may be, are only involved in these projects to stay busy during their retirement years - there's no real passion or effort going into them.

3. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

It sounds like an interesting project. It looks like this is supposed to happen whether they make their goal or not. It's a Flexible Funding campaign, so whether they make their goal or not, they get to keep all pledged funds, but they're also obligated to deliver on all perks.

4. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Oh shit I thought it was going to be Nightmare....On Elm Street, but I'll take Nightmare City too :p

Anything Tom Savini related is worth my interest.

5. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I'll be considering donating over the course of the campaign.

6. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

Well... I think remakes usually work best when the original had a decent concept but was executed poorly. I really didn't care for Nightmare City that much so this could be pretty awesome. Plus you know with Dean Cundy behind the camera, the film is going to look pristine.

7. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

I heard something about this last year. I guess they are finally getting started.

8. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

No fucking way they'll raise $200,000 in 45 days for what is essentially a Sci-Fi movie of the week.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  9. Aggregatetim

Aggregatetim New Member

I'm actually pretty excited for this. I don't mind remakes especially in capable hands. I think an update would be pretty awesome.

10. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

So I have been following this project from time to time, even though I have low expectations of the results.
    The film is still in pre-production hell, and I don't expect it to be done in a few years, if ever.
    But, I like their new plan, to shot in Puerto Rico instead, to save a lot of money, compared to filming in the US.
    I also think the setting will be more fitting, and give it more of the look and feel of the Italian classics.

http://ncupdate.wixsite.com/updates/020417

Though I have a feeling that I will still read updates like this, in the year 2023 ;)

russweiss likes this.
  11. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I'm surprised it's still an active, I remember reading the original post here and that was it, I thought this had gone by the by a long long time ago.