Tomaselli to Direct Halloween 9??

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Crazy Ralph, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Crazy Ralph

Crazy Ralph Guest

A little blurb about Tomaselli and Halloween 9 that appears on a sight called www.esplatter.com....

March 9, 2006 -- Asked by ESplatter whether he's in fact up for directing "Halloween 9," Dante Tomaselli (director of "Horror", "Desecration," and the upcoming "Satan's Playground" writes: "Yup. I am in touch with Malek Akkad's assistant. There are no guarantees. I'm sure there are other directors they are talking to. I just wanted to throw my name into the hat of directors being considered. We'll see what happens. I don't need to write it. Just want to direct and score Halloween 9. Put my stamp on it. Bring back the flavor of the late 70's original. As you know, Halloween is my favorite horror movie of all time. I'm totally influenced by it." ...

2. Luna

Luna Guest

I love Dante Tomaselli's style, and I've only seen Desecration, so you know what... I wouldn't be sad about this.

3. Noto

Noto Guest

I really hope this will be.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I'd be very interested if he were to direct it. If this guy finally had a bigger budget to work with, I'd say we'd be getting something quite original.

5. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

It takes more than a great director, it takes a great script. People love Halloween 2 but absolutely hate what the same director accomplished with Halloween: Resurrection. I think Tomaselli is a total fool by coming out and talking about it before he even has the job. Talk about jinxing himself. Isn't that a 'no-no' usually? If he gets hired I'll be very surprised.

6. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

I would love to see this and think it would be a considerable improvement over the last couple of entires, but have to agree with maybrick that the script is the most essential ingredient here. Hopefully if the remake trend of going back to the basic story can yield one good thing, it would be the elimination of stupid garbage like the rappers that have been haunting the Halloween films of late. Busta Rhymes was the single worst thing in the entire series to date. I admit that I loved them all up through number 6, which admittedly had its flaws. 7 and 8 really fell short, though.

7. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

Tomaselli is my favorite indie horror director...he's creative and super original. If he could direct this with a quality script, it could definitely breathe some life back into the franchise.

8. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I don't think this series could go any further downhill, although I just read Tomaselli would like to "bring Laurie Strode back the right way" and would try to get cameos from P.J. Soles (why?/how?) and John Carpenter (good luck... unless you offer a fat check). I'll believe news on H9 when they start filming.

9. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Boy, reading that is making feel like Tomaselli is the WRONG choice to direct. Cameos? How lame can you get? Especially dead ones. What does he want to do, bring back PJ Soles as the surviving twin sister with a vendetta? :rolleyes:

10. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Sshhhh.... Keep it down. Tomaselli could be reading this. And I wouldn't put it past anyone to try something like this.

11. SKULLCRACKER

SKULLCRACKER Guest

Anyone have any idea about the progress with Halloween 9, searched the web, but sounds like its gonna be donkeys years away! Hoping its gonna be a lot better than the last 6....If you ask me, they should remake the original rather than invent a daft unimaginal plot...why not? They did it with Escape from New York...

12. Please....just let this "franchise" die already! It's OVER! What else can be said or done?! How about Michael Myers doing a "Matrix" kick...