Tomie Beginning & Tomie Revenge

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by Deaddevilman, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

2. logboy

logboy Guest

i seem to remember that japanese discs of these might already be scheduled - no subtitles though...

3. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Is this series any good? To be honest, it confuses the hell out of me. I did buy one, but have not watched it yet - but there's a lot of films with the "Tomie" monika. Can someone explain to me, overall, what the series is really about? Are they linked stories?

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Some of the Tomie movies are pretty good, some are more bizarre than others. I recently saw two more of the films, including the last one made...it kinda stunk. I guess 'The Final Chapter' isn't the end after all, again.

The movies are basically about the mystery of Tomie, a young Japanese girl who seems to cause mayhem and trouble with whomever she decides to pester. And she just won't die, no matter how she's killed or how many times she dies. She's often reborn or somehow resurfaces then, with similar ulterior motives.

5. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

anyone got any more news on these movies? I love the series- I didnt see this post until just now so had no idea a couple more were being made- are the directors for these two the same or any good?

6. othervoice1

also anyone know if and when these will be released for region 1? and if they were any good?

7. othervoice1

anyone? <: lol