Top Five (5) Freddy Kills

Discussion in 'General' started by tyuun, Sep 26, 2006.

1. tyuun

tyuun New Member

I have always been a giant fan of the Nightmare on Elm Street film series and after watching the movies in an all night marathon I thought I'd list to you my top 5 favorite kills. Here goes...

Top Five (5) Freddy Kills:

Not for Nothing: John Doe (Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare)
    -Let's face it Final Nightmare is pretty must a disaster, the kills are boring, Freddy is a comedian, the 3-D is absolutely terrible, etc.. Pretty much the only thing that makes up for this sequel is the creative death scene of John Doe. Ah, John Doe, little lost boy who thinks that Freddy is his father. He wasn't. After letting him fall from the sky for a few thousand feet Freddy so kindly let's John Doe land on spikes which puncture through to the real world. Some father figure Freddy was. "It... it's not a boy... it's..."

Honorable Mention: Joey Crusel (A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master)
    -This is one guy I really didn’t want to see die, Joey was a good kind man who didn’t deserve to go out like that. I mean, he saved most of his friends lives in part 3 by screaming and shattering the glass so Joey was ok in my book. Freddy didn’t feel the same way, however, so he pulled Joey inside his own waterbed and let him drown. Hey, at least there was a hot topless girl and vintage MTV so maybe Joey died happy, I know I would have. R.I.P. Joseph Crusel.

5. Pool Party Massacre (A Nightmare on Elm Street, Part 2: Freddy's Revenge)
    -When thinking of A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 a few words come to mind: bizarre, strange, stupid, homoerotic, corny, terrible and garbage. Well, it's not horrible even though it makes no logical sense but that sure as hell doesn't stop it from being at least entertaining. This movie could have been a total write off if it hadn't been for this one scene: the Pool Party Massacre. Freddy was so pissed off man! Came flying up through the deck and just starts killing bitches man! I like the one guy who tries reasoning with Freddy, Jesus Christ, I would have killed all those lame ass fucks too! Awesome kill!

4. Tina Gray (A Nightmare on Elm Street)
    -The first Nightmare on Elm Street has never been my favorite one but I will say that this kill is definitely classic! Man, if had been Rod I would have been shitting in my pants! I can only imagine what was going through his mind while watching what was happening to her! Fuck that shit, I would have been out of window and running too!

3. Dan Jordan (A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Dream Child)
    -For years I have had this gut feeling that motorcycles are not a very safe mode of transportation and this kill just reaffirms my belief. Always thought this kill was great, especially on the unedited VHS, despite the fact that I never really liked Dan. I had such a hardon for Alice at the time that I disliked this guy for getting to make out with her, plus his acting was for shit. Regardless, a nasty awesome kill!

2. Glen Lantz (A Nightmare on Elm Street)
    -Despite the large quantities of blood, nothing really happens in this kill. I still love this one though because it shows the grasp and power that Freddy possesses in the real world and effectiveness of his kills. Most times Freddy makes his kills look like accidents in the real world but not this one, Freddy put everything on the line and made a clear, simple and effective statement: Don't fuck with Freddy!

1. Phillip Anderson (A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors)
    -Hands down the best kill ever! The way he rips Phillip's veins out of his arms, hands, legs & feet man, totally cemented my affection for Freddy Kruger from that day forth. Gruesome! This is the first movie that actually made me interested in the franchise and to this day I stand strong saying this is hands down the best one. “I said, where’s the fucking bourbon?!”

Last edited: Sep 26, 2006
  2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

your an angry fellow, aren't ya.:lol:

Just kidding.

I would have to go with the Phillip Anderson kill also. Also the guy lifting the weights kill, from part 4.

3. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

Wasn't it a girl who was lifting the weights? I honestly don't remember, but I think it was a girl :p

My fave is and will always be Johnny Depp and the geysir of blood. That shot was the stuff of my nightmares all my childhood! (and it's also so perversely symbolic ... the wet dream from hell!)

4. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

whoops, your right, it was a girl.

5. tyuun

tyuun New Member

Debbie Stevens (A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master)
    -Poor Debbie, such a strong willed young woman and in such great shape. Her unfortunate downfall was her fear of bugs and in Freddy's mind a light bulb has just turned on. Wait for her to go to sleep and make her dream that she is lifting weights, I mean after all that is her biggest love, turn her into a roach and give her a free pass into the Roach Motel. "You can check in but you can't check out."

Last edited: Sep 26, 2006
  6. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

You know, even though I don't think that scene was as grotesque or ugly as it could have been, just the idea of being turned into a bug really bothers me. So yeah, that death is up there. For the same reason, I've always felt that The Fly is completely and devastatingly revolting. It's just this thing I have ... things turning into things they are not supposed to be (for lack of a better description) ... Ughhh.

7. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Its not so much the bug thing. Its the arms breaking from the weights.

8. Nightbreed

Nightbreed New Member

that phillip anderson kill scared the shit out of me I stayed away from freddy movies for over a decade because of that.

9. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I dunno what his name was, but that hearing-aid teen from Freddy's Dead, when Freddy sticks the Q-tip through the guys head, that scarred me for life! I mean, I was only 6 years old at the time, but yeah. That's gotta be my top Freddy kill, just because it was what gave me my nightmares for years to come.

10. ReNeGaDe

ReNeGaDe Guest

Tinas kill is definetly the most serious and disturbing one. Every other kill is a joke. And Debbies arms breaking off always gets me.

11. gore

gore Guest

dropping pins :)