Tourist Trap on Blu-Ray!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by horrorscreamer, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

No kidding, what a douche. :rolleyes:

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he just takes the lazy route and and uses the "uncut" German Blu-ray encode and releases it as his own. He did that before with his Mansion of the Doomed DVD...which is just a PAL-to-NTSC rip of the UK DVD. And then there were all those fake VHS big boxes. Oh, and "WE FOUND ANOTHER SET OF PUPPET MASTER DVD TRUNKS STUCK BEHIND THE TOILET IN OUR OFFICE BATHROOM! ORDER NOW, ONLY A HANDFUL LEFT DUDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I find it hard to trust anything the guy says anymore.

2. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

God, this is old news. Somebody wake me when a REAL company acquires the rights.

Katatonia and satans-sadists like this.
  3. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I hear that! Until the time comes, I will just hang on to my old DVD release.

Katatonia likes this.
  4. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

I hear that, I'll just hang on to my uncut german blu and be happy with that. C. Band can go suck a big one IMO :p

Katatonia and satans-sadists like this.
  5. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Unfortunately you'll probably wake up dead. Band/Full Moon has this lock, stock 'n barrel in the US. And seems intent on handling all materials inhouse. It's doubtful that anyone responsible will ever get theirs hands on it any time soon.

Hell, if Band shot off another scan of good theatrical elements, didn't touch a thing (because that'd cost $$$), and an encoder with half a brain finished it, we might end up with the best transfer yet! But Kat's probably right, a rip of the German Blu-ray is about the best we can expect. At worst the DVD transfer (from the LD master) upscaled.

zbinks likes this.