Track Movies, Win Prizes

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Dec 31, 2008.

1. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

Oh, ok, sorry I havent ever done one of these things before!So thanks for letting me know. I'll probably pop in a movie in a few hours just to get a head start!!!:lol:

2. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

This is my first time doing this too. I might watch something tonight.:cool:

3. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

What happens if we don't watch movies in a certain month? For example: I tracked all films I watched through November, then didn't watch a single one in December. Since I didn't update/edit my reserved post, does that disqualify us?

4. rhett

rhett Administrator

No, not at all. Ultimately it's your word, we're not the police or anything. So if someone posts a flick January 1st and then not one for the rest of the year, arguing that it was the only film s/he watched, then the benefit of the doubt is theirs. This is just a little fun incentive to keep track of your favorite hobby!

5. Damage

Damage Mirror Mirror

This is great! Thanks Rhett!

6. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

as I mentioned in the other thread, I've failed to keep this up about 3 times now. Hopefully this will be the year I manage to do it. It really is useful when you get to the end of the year trying to pick your favorites. But then again, how the fuck would I know?

7. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

Cool idea to keep people interested in the thread!! Seems like there's only a handful of us left still doing it at the end of the year each time.

8. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Always wanted to do it. This should give me some incentive!

9. Spit

Spit Active Member

Does anyone else have the personal goal of reaching 365 or more films viewed this year? For awhile I was thinking I was going to but now, with school being crazy I don't think I'm gonna make it.

10. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I try to watch a movie a day, but that's not always possible and I've only watched 163 movies so far this year. I'm not about to watch 200 over the next three months. :D

I have reached an even better mark though, I watched more DVDs this month then I bought.

11. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

I'd just be happy if I watch enough to justify all the DVDs I own. So far I'm not sure. I have definitely watched more new-to-me movies than repeats, so my DVD collection is mostly sitting on the shelf and expanding as I add new titles I hadn't seen yet (though netflix is also playing a part).

12. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I should easily make that goal seeing as there are still 3 and a bit months left in the year, and I'm already at around 250 movies and 4 TV seasons so far...

13. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

I'm already down this year from last, I think. But I love tracking my films, and I know October is going to be a big month for watching. I'm impressed that 365 is even a possibility for some of you.

14. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I usually top out at like 200-240. Like once or twice a year I'll just go through like 3-4 weeks where I don't watch anything. I'm going through that right now actually, I've watched like 2 movies this month. I guess I wear myself out, otherwise I'd probably get pretty close.

15. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I'm at about 140 now, so cracking 200 will be a feat in itself. I wish I had enough free time in the year to watch 365 movies - jeez.

16. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

I'm currently sitting at 323 movies watched this year, so far. I'll crush 365, probably ending up in the low to mid 400s.

17. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Agreed. I'm going to try and make up for it in October, but just working at the last few months I was lucky to watch 10 movies.

18. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

If I can count, (big if) then I've watched 261 movies so far this year, along with 6-10 TV show sets (Couple Tales from the Crypt, Blade, first 2 discs of Dead Zone, Dukes of Hazzard).
    I almost doubt I'll make it to 365 though as it gets tougher this time of year to find time between the GF working, Football, hockey and basketball starting and MLB Playoffs (could still have Tigers there!), not to ention the tons of shows the lady and I watch weekly on cable which don't get counted (good thing most HBO shows are on or close to breaks).

Hard to say, maybe they'll be some deader weekends where we can get some mini-marathons in. At this point in time, I have 13 BD's from the library waiting to be viewed also, plus I keep picking up cheap BD's when I can find them. So hard to limit myself and not grab everything, but things like Saw being the theater cut and many other discs missing extras (Species, Man on Fire, Lord of War, etc.) have kept my collection small for now. When the price drops start I'm gonna be getting a shitload though!