"Trauma"

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Joel Groce, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Joel Groce

Joel Groce Guest

Well this is prob. not news to Argento fans, but I just saw "Trauma" last nite and loved it! The tension is high throughout and the scares come frequently - also some more cool effects from Savini. This one comes highly recommended!!!

2. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

I like the movie but Savini's work in this film is very poor I think...

3. I was sadly disappointed by this movie.

I had my hopes set really high for this one. Argento in the Midwest filming a gaillo movie seemed like a dream come true. But when I watched it I found it to be nowhere near as good as his early Italian efforts :(

I have not seen it since it came out on video, maybe I should dig out my old Laser on this one and give it another chance.

4. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

I would like to read Argento's original screenplay before it got hacked to pieces for release. Still, the movie does have a great love story (probably better than Deep Red's...probably) and I have to agree with Dario's quote in Spaghetti Nightmares: The movie isn't bloody, but it is violent. So, in that case, Trauma is not a good show place for Savini's effects.

When all is said and done, it wasn't a bad waste of 106 minutes.

5. Beastus

Beastus New Member

I agree that this is an awesome movie. I truly love this one. Extremely underrated.

6. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I like it a lot. It isn't anyone's best, but that is just because we are dealing with folks who do great work. I think it is underrated as well.

7. dvdasia62

dvdasia62 Guest

It's one of Argento's lesser and lower rung efforts with a laughable performance by his Daughter, er, what's her name.

8. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

Trauma

It has been about ten years since I have seen Trauma, but, I have good memories of the film. I think that it is one of Argento's better films. It is vastly superior to The Stendhal Syndrome and The Phantom Of The Opera. It is certainly not a great film, but, it is a satisfying viewing experience. I hope that it finds its way to Region 1 DVD release soon.