Trick (2019) - Patrick Lussier Halloween Slasher

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by CPT HOOK, Dec 31, 2019.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Trick - now available on blu-ray and DVD.

IMG_20191231_133915.jpg

From Patrick Lussier and Todd Farmer, the writer/director team who made My Bloody Valentine 3D and Drive Angry. If you're a fan of those movies, you will probably like this one. I thought it was right in line.

There's not much in the way of plot of character, this one is all about the body count. It's an insanely high body count, mostly nameless extras. In between that, there's Halloween, some cops, and Tom Atkins. The movie takes a little while to take off, because the first half-hour is spent on an elaborate multi-year backstory, so the movie is already 1/3 over by the time we get to present day Halloween. It's a mess, but so are MBV3D and Drive Angry, and like those there is some fun to be had.

If you don't want to risk a blind-buy, you can also watch the movie on Hulu.

ImmortalSlasher and fceurich39 like this.
  2. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed this more than Drive angry but not MBV3D. The trailer at the start up for The Shed looks cool.

4. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I thought it was fun while it was in the realms of the supernatural, once the reveal came it dropped like a massive turd bomb.