Trick 'r Treat - Rate It!

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by spawningblue, Oct 8, 2009.

?

Trick 'r Treat - Rate It!

1. 10

15 vote(s)
    17.0%
  2. 9

20 vote(s)
    22.7%
  3. 8

17 vote(s)
    19.3%
  4. 7

19 vote(s)
    21.6%
  5. 6

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  6. 5

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. 4

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. 1

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  11. 0

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. Clayton

Clayton New Member

Yeah and not only that it's a horrid song but it was recently featured in the trailer for "Gamer". Which to me looked like a film that literally rose up out of a burning pile of garbage. So... I have that horrible song and thought of that trailer and to accompany that all of my friends talking about how horrible of a song that is...interrupting the film even more than it already did.

2. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

It definitely captured the spirit of Halloween. Apart from that it had its moments. Anyway whutcha doing for Halloween? :evil:

3. Spit

Spit Active Member

Dress up like a Jawa and go Trick 'R Treat'n. You?

4. Queen B

Queen B Guest

I went ahead with an 8. It's actually written much tighter than most are claiming. A second viewing should clear this. Also, I like the fact that everything is not explained and wrapped up in a bow. Things are left for us to ponder. And there's LOTS of room for sequels. One of the only gripes I have is that balance with the gore seemed a little off.

Nevertheless, this is definately going to be one of those cult classics that people will be watching in Octobers thirty years from now. And unlike most of the genre dreck we get these days, that's saying a hell of a lot.

5. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I gave it an 8. Didnt blow me away but it was a fun film that just had the Halloween season dripping from it- I can see this becoming a regular Halloween time watch at my house along with my other Halloween time faves Nightmare Before Christmas, Night of the Demons and the Halloween Series.

6. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

A solid 9. This movie was so fun I just didn't want it to end, so the runtime kinda hurt it. The Manson song... really? With all the millions of other songs out there why keep going back to this shitty cover?
    Loved it and hope for decent sequel down the road. Just don't hand the reins to a studio or some new hacks, I want the creative team back if it's to be continued (unless they go all Feast 2 thou).

7. lv426

lv426 New Member

So I watched it again, and found myself enjoying it way more. The conversations of the girls are hilarious once you know the payoff. This is one of those movies that will age well and be great for repeat viewings. If the hype ruined it for you give it another chance, you may be pleasantly surprised.

8. Vortex

Vortex Member

I rate this highly.

9. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

Solid 8.

10. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

a perfect 10 for me. i watched this right at midnight. and I mean it when i say it....truly a great horror film..I will be seeing this movie Muchhhhh more. so i MUST buy it. (i rented it) lol

11. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

Gave it a 7, I liked it alot, it was great fun but I don't think it was as amazing as people were making out. But hey thats just me.

12. Copyboy

Copyboy Member

Saw this last night for the first time and gave it a 7. I totally enjoyed it and think my rating will only improve with repeat viewings and plan on buying it for Halloweens to come. When the movie ended I thought it was amusing, entertaining and nothing more. But today various moments kept popping into my head and making me smile. This made me realize this isn't a watch it and forget it movie. There's definitely something special there.

13. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I finally got to re-watch this after I thought the conditions that I watched the first viewing in wasn't the best. Unfortunately though this time around I felt the same way. It was just an OK film. The tone was too light for me and some of the dialog felt forced, it was only 82 minutes but for the second time around I thought it failed to hold my attention in spots. It remains a 7 in my book and possibly the most overrated horror film of the year. I'll still be watching it on Halloween next year as it isn't bad just not great.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  14. inkmachine

inkmachine Member

wow. I just don't understand the love for this 'horror' movie. I couldn't find one single aspect of the movie entertaining at all. The lil pumpkin head killer kid was absolutely ridiculous also. I've watched it twice after I disappointingly bought the dvd. I'll probably give it one more shot after 6 months or so....maybe this halloween. I had such high hopes for this movie based on the hype it received.....let down in a major way :(

15. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I didnt find this movie to be "great" or "amazing" but I thought it was a very solid Halloween season flick. I didnt find it scary but just found it to be fun and entertaining and had such a strong Halloween feel to it that I am sure it will become a Halloweentime regular for me. I actually didnt expect much so I was surprised how much fun I had with it so maybe some people had too high of expectations for this little flick.

16. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Would have voted 8.5 but 9 is just fine.