Trick R' Treat - Trailer

Discussion in 'General' started by BloodMan, Jul 23, 2007.

1. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I saw the movie last night and liked it, but don't think it's a classic by any means. The actors were all good and the movie looked great, but I could've used a bit more development of the stories. I especially felt this with the "main" character of Sam. It's one thing to keep certain things mysterious, but if you leave out too much it just creates confusion.

2. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I agree that the film could've used a bit more development... but not in the case of Sam. He's the living, demonic embodiment of Halloween. I don't think we really need to know any more about him than that.

3. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I thought this flick was pretty good. I was afraid of a big let down after all the hype, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I love the Creepshow-esque flow, creepy atmosphere, the way 4 stories tie together, a few twists here and there, and decent gore. This is a must see for all on this board. I'm really surprised they didn't put this on the big screen. I'll be getting the Blu when the price comes down a little.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  4. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed this movie. I was surprised at how short it was. I kind of disagree with the "anthology" label. Creepshow is an anthology, Sin City is an anthology, hell I guess even Pulp Fiction could be an anthology. Well, I guess its a very loose anthology, but this is more like Crash for the horror genre. Just my opinion. I still loved it though!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  5. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

great movie. definitely unpredictable, which i liked. I never knew what was coming next. even if every element didn't fully work, there's a great atmosphere throughout. I feel the film is deserving of the hype it's getting and is a proud addition to my horror collection. a must see for Halloween!

6. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

I'll probably give this a watch tonight, but this thread is hilarious at any rate.

7. Drama Queen Die

Drama Queen Die Banned Mofo

This movie is awesome!

8. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Trick 'r Treat drips with Halloween flavor. I'm not sure if I watched it at any other time of the year, I'd appreciate it as much. But watching it in October and having it take place in such a Halloween setting made for a fun Friday night. I was very surprised at the extent of children-themed horror in this. Usually, the kids save the day or are saved, but no, not here.

I love anthologies, and TrT was a nice twist, interweaving the stories and cutting back and forth between them. Really dug the cinematography--beautiful scenery and autumnal colors. Anna Paquin looked gorgeous in her Red Riding Hood outfit, set against falling leaves and dark woods. Wow.

As an anthology, the whole worked, but I felt like the individual stories were all a little half-baked--none of them had enough time to fully develop. But, that may be a sign of a good anthology: when the viewer wants more. That said, I felt like some of the stories needed a bit more. My gf, however, loved it. Definitely one I'd watch again, but definitely one I'll save for October.

Spooky fun.

9. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

OK, I don't hates it... But why the hype? I mean really? There's at least three straight-to-video horror releases a year that top this.

Anyway, my $.02.

10. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I enjoyed it. I would agree that it was a little over-hyped, but it was good.

11. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Yeah this film did have the shit hyped out of it. There was no possible way it could live up to the expectations that word of mouth was creating for this thing. This film was good and I enjoyed it a lot, but one of the best horror anthologies ever? I think not. It has nothing to do with it being new either. If something came out tomorrow that topped Creepshow, or hell, even Creepshow 2 (you gotta admit that one is fun), I would give credit where credit is due. Still, I'm glad to have this as a part of my library and it will definitely get heavy rotation around this time of year.

12. Darryl Revok

Darryl Revok New Member

Watched this last night, and I really enjoyed it. It oozes Halloween, and I love that aspect. Plus, the story with the principal was just effed up beyond belief. The ending of that one had my g/f squirming, haha. I really enjoyed the look of the kids on the bus as well. I'm glad I picked it up on a blind buy.

13. Slackjaw83

Slackjaw83 Lonely St. Tattooer

Finally caught this last night. To preface, I'm a mark for anthology horror fliks. I just enjoy short, fast-paced, fun stories, so they work well with me.

Over-all, I thought it was pretty amazing. It hit every base with me : Looked great, Fun stories, solid acting, and nice special ef-x. Beyond that, I thought that the way the stories intertwined and interacted was really well done as well. I can honestly say that this movie will make it into my regular rotation. My only gripe is that there was a serious lack of extras on the disc (only had the animated short "Season's Greetings" with and without commentary).

It's a shame that a film series I find pretty tedious, boring, and entirely over-rated (Saw series) and a failed superhero flick (Superman Returns, which, admittedly I didn't dig at all) sealed the fate and pushed this fun perfect-for-the-season flick to the straight to DVD world. I enjoyed it more than most of the "bigger deal" horror fliks I saw in theaters this year (Friday remake, Drag Me to Hell, H2, etc)

I'm honestly tempted to plunk down the 60 dollar price tag for a 15" Sam figure from Sideshow.

14. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Went back to Wal-Mart today and they had this on for 19.98, which is much better than the 32 bux they were charging so I took the leap and bought it. Prob watch it tonight.

15. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

It's not perfect but I really enjoyed it. I loved the Anna Paquin parts...actually I thought everything was great except for the final "story".

Looked great, excellent Halloween atmosphere and a decent cast. Could've used some fleshing out in a couple of spots and as I said, the ending didn't wow me, but otherwise I'm glad I blind bought it.

16. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

Loved the look and atmosphere, thought the performances were generally above average, but none of the stories really hooked me - I thought they were okay and somewhat interesting, but not enough for me to watch it again. There were maybe twists, but real surprises? Not at all. (Well, maybe the Anna Paquin story ...)

A classic it is not. Fun waste of time, sure.

17. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Finally got to see this. Got the Blu for $7.50!! Loved it!! Finally a film where the hype was justified!