Trivia re: I Spit on Your Grave - true or not?

Discussion in 'General' started by wago70, May 16, 2003.

1. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I once read somewhere that the model on the one-sheet posters for I Spit on Your Grave is Demi Moore. Can anyone confirm. It really does look like her bod, and since she was trying to model before breaking into acting during that era it certainly is possible. Any answers?

2. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Well, I don't know if it is or not, but Demi Moore was born in 1962, meaning she was 16 in 1978 when I Spit came out.

I'd say it's a safe bet that it's not her

p.s., I checked IMDB for her Birthday, I did NOT just know it off the top of my head.

3. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Hey, did anyone notice in the Millennium Edition's still gallery there's a foreign ISOYG video cover with screen shots from Friday the 13th Part 5 on the back? I found that pretty funny.

4. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

:lol: :lol:

5. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I think I might have read that somewhere...http://www.horrordvds.com/reviews/a-m/isoyg-me/

6. JRBTempe

JRBTempe Guest

Yes, it is indeed true that Demi Moore is on the poster for I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE...the original Wizard Video poster, that is, which was also used for the DVD releases.

Charles Band, who distributed the film on video, was dating Moore at the time they shot PARASITE and this photo was taken during that time. I first heard this story from Sam Raimi while making THE DEAD NEXT DOOR and it was later confirmed by Band himself during my 5-year tenure with Full Moon.

7. rhett

rhett Administrator

That's some cool info J, I never would have guessed that. But yeah, looking at the DVD you can totally see the similarities.

8. That is some very cool info J!

I had never even heard a rumor about this before, but it is a cool piece of trivia.

9. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Well shit! Learn something new every day!

10. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

You sure about that? Band always makes outrageous claims, like Lloyd Kauffman. When she did PARASITE her husband at the time, Freddie Moore was one of the actors in the film. They divorced after she found fame in GENERAL HOSPITAL. Also the poster of Wizard Video is the same as the ISOYG postewr used in the Anchor Bay and Elite DVD, sint it?

11. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Yeah, who could mistake those cheeks?:p

12. JRBTempe

JRBTempe Guest

ArrowBeach...yes, the story was confirmed by others including Band's assistant who has been with him since before PARASITE. The funny thing is, Band met his currently-estranged wife Debra Dion on that film as well...she was the script supervisor and decided that she would throw a monkey wrench into Band and Moore's affair (which it most certainly was, because Moore was indeed married and I think Band may also have been). Obviously things didn't last between Band and Moore, but Band and Dion are legally still married...it's like an episode of AS THE B-MOVIE WORLD TURNS! lol

13. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Listening to the Charles Band interview on Killer POV and he just told this story. I had no idea! Very interesting.

His version is slightly different from the one here though. He distributed I Spit On Your Grave through Wizard Video and he had the poster displayed in his office. When they were filming Parasite with Demi Moore, she was in his office and pointed out the poster. That's when she told him it was her ass on the poster. She was young and needed money, so they went out to Griffith Park and shot that iconic image.

14. Dave

Dave Pimp

Stalker...

Yes, it took me 13 years to say that.

Angelman likes this.
  15. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

Horrordvs.com: If There's an Ass, We'll Identify It!

16. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

wow, that news to me too.. so this picture was shot after 1980?

17. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

From my understanding (and I could be wrong), it was shot in the summer of 1977 and released in late 1978 as Day Of The Woman (see poster below).

Then in 1980, it was re-released theatrically by a different company and re-titled as I Spit On Your Grave, using the iconic poster we all know.

[​IMG]

It was pretty common for exploitation fare / drive-in movies to be re-titled, trying to trick audiences into seeing the same movie multiple times. For instance, I believe Last House On The Left was originally briefly released as Sex Crime Of The Century and Krug & Co and both flopped. It wasn't until it was released under the title Last House On The Left that the movie caught on.

18. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

This is correct. according to IMDB it was lensed in the summer of 1977. all this info is true. and then re-issued in drive ins and some city theaters in 1980 as I spit on your grave. the wizard video released I think by 81. I seen it on video as a 12 year old with some friends and we were disturbed for weeks after seen it..