Troma Goes Blu!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Nailwraps, Nov 29, 2009.

1. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

It's been rumored for a week or more now it would be pushed to July/August but Amazon didn't change the fucking date until today. I bitched at them about it through and got free two day shipping as a result.

But I'm still sick of this being pushed.

2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

3. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

4. fceurich39

yep seen a video review of the packaging on facebook a couple days back took long enough

5. fceurich39

6. MisterTwister

The cut on Troma's edition is the cut that was leaked back in January I believe.

I loved that cut so I don't give a shit. Sticking with my order on Amazon. Troma wants WAAAAYYYY too much for it on their site.

7. Midnight Buddha

Midnight Buddha Member

Just ordered this along with The Boogens blu-ray.

8. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Damn...I just read about all the drama. That's kind of shitty of Lloyd....selling bootlegs?...after the Poultreygeist PSA? I see a lot of bickering from the two camps. What the hell started it all? From what I gather, it seems Troma is the antagonist here?

I'll probably keep my pre-order, but I always prefer to have the film the way the film makers intended. This doesn't seem like a good situation.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  9. MisterTwister

See that's the problem. We're only hearing what Astron-6 is telling us. I'm not saying that Troma is innocent in this but I want to hear what both sides have to say before attacking anyone. Michael Herz is trying to resolve the situation but Astron 6 wants nothing to do with it.

Astron 6's final cut doesn't sound too different from what Troma is putting out. Some changes in the sound FX, some untweaked fx shots and music and that's it (according to their facebook). If Troma's version is the same one they were selling (btw how is it selling "bootlegs" when they are selling their own film? They did the same thing with Citizen Toxie back in 2000) than it's just fine. The movie rocks in that cut.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  10. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I suppose that is technically true. Still kind of a dick move on Troma’s part. Lloyd always preaches how the evil corporate movies companies always fuck over the film makers, yet he goes and sells copies of Father’s Day without the film makers acknowledgment?...and it’s not even the version of the film that the Astron-6 approved of to boot!...not cool at all.

I read it all started at the Toronto trailer premiere. Astron-6 cut a brand new, lengthier trailer on their own dime specifically for this event. They flew to the screening (also on their own dime) only for Lloyd to show the same short trailer that everyone has seen. I guess Lloyd never once apologized or even admitted he did anything wrong. Astron-6 were not happy.

I also read that Astron-6 didn’t even see any production money until after the film was finished…even when they received it, it wasn’t the amount Troma promised.

Most of what I read is from the Atron-6 camp, but that’s only because I haven’t found anything posted by Troma’s people explaining their side of the situation. Most of what’s posted on Troma’s behalf is usually petty jabs at Astron-6.

All I know is, I better get the BD soon…I want to see this fucking movie already.

11. MisterTwister

I agree Lloyd did wrong not letting them know what he was doing.

Oh well. What's done is done. I love the film and can't wait till Amazon ships the set.

12. MisterTwister

Got the set today.

I don't have a Blu-ray player yet so I couldn't take a peek at that disc.

The first DVD disc is the movie, trailer and 2 deleted scenes. PQ is excellent but there's something odd. The movie is non-anamorphic. Well maybe not too odd since Blood Junkie and Toxic Avenger 21st Anniversary edition was as well. Didn't bother me in the slightest but I know others would like to know about it.

The 2nd DVD disc is special features. Not much to it TBH. Some short films, short featurette, premiere stuff etc. Too bad about the feud had to happen because I have a feeling this set would have been Troma's best.

The soundtrack is great. I've listened to The Hunter and We are the Universe quite a few times now.

13. The Tall Man

The Tall Man Member

14. Nailwraps

2 Troma film are coming to Blu...in the UK. 88 Films announced on Facebook that they will release Bloodsucking Freaks and The Last Horror Film!

15. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

While it's theoretically good news, I'm not getting too excited until a) it's confirmed that THE LAST HORROR FILM will be uncut, and b) BLOODSUCKING FREAKS passes through the BBFC uncensored.

16. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

The Last Horror Film is decent, I don't care for Bloodsucking Freaks, that movie sucks.

17. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Still waiting to find out what the fuck happened with Return to Nuke 'em High.

18. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Isn't Vinegar Syndrome working on some Troma titles? I think they announced Beyond Evil and Deadly Daphne's Revenge.

19. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

They pushed the date to next year. I assuming so they could show the film at more festivals first and then release it closer to Part 2's release.

20. Nailwraps

Not that I've heard. But I think since they're working with Anchor Bay, maybe through them then.