Tron: Legacy (2010) & Tron (1982) Blu-ray sets

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Katatonia, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Christ75

Christ75 New Member

CDN$ 59.84 right now on amazon.ca
    or
    CDN$ 59.99 on FuturShop

i order mine on amazon

2. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Some interesting numbers from Tron's first release week:
    http://www.homemediamagazine.com/research/tron-commands-charts-23655

Nearly 70% of Legacy's sales were on Blu! That's astonishing. Even though it's likely the Tron fan base is more technically savvy and therefore would mostly be HD, this is still a surprise. It's also good to see that the original sold so well after Disney originally buried it. I suspect the first Tron could have done even better if Disney had printed more up, because when I went looking for it at Target stores they were all sold out (they had a great price when you buy both separately.)

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

No kidding. I bought both at Target (Tron: Legacy 4-Disc & Tron 2-Disc) for under $30 total with two coupons printed out...one was a Disney coupon and a Target stores coupon.

I was surprised the cashier took both and didn't even look twice, but she did look virtually brain dead.

4. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I thought that the blu ray was only being sold as a blu-ray/DVD combo pack? If that's the case then it really isn't all that astonishing to me. I don't have a blu-ray player but I was going to pick the combo pack up because it was only a few bucks more expensive. It was sold out at the Target here, as well.

5. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I wasn't very interested in this, but did want to look at the original BD in stores. A week or 2 later, I've seen a grand total of one BD copy of the original, and empty racks everywhere else. Legacy is collecting dust everywhere already, but the first won't stay stocked for more than a day or 2 it seems. On release week I didn't see one copy of the first on BD at any of 4 stores (BB, Wal-Mart, Target, Meijer's) I checked. Still haven't seen any boxset either, these fucking things are selling like crazy!

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I only wanted the original film, but Target had a deal where you save $8 if you buy both, and they had a $10 coupon on the new film. Since I was planning to buy the original film anyway, the 4-disc 3D blu-ray combo pack of the new film was only about $10.

Amazing bargain, I love these Disney coupons.

7. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Well Tangled only did 33% on Blu-ray with the same combined packaging and as far as I'm aware that's about where the stats have been for other releases. That Legacy would double the numbers like that surprised me.

8. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I couldn't use the Disney coupon, since I couldn't find a copy in the stores the first day, so I ordered it at Bestbuy.com. I have to relate my funny story! I ended up paying $0 for it!! I got my Blu-Ray set in the mail and the case was broken. So I called Bestbuy.com and the woman was very nice and said she'd have another one out in the mail and a shipper to send the broken one back in. I said, I would just as soon do it at the local store, since I'm near there everyday on the way home from work. She popped everything in the computer and said they have it in stock, which shocked me, so I said I'd head right over there that night. She took care of it in the computer and went to the store and the saleswoman gives me the new one and a gift card for the old one. I told her that this was an exchange, she's doing it wrong and she doesn't need to give me a gift card. The girl gets a manager, the manager looks at the order and says, Bestbuy.com did it wrong, here's the gift card and Blu-Ray set, the set is free. I couldn't believe it! So, I sell my old DVD for $40 and get the new set for free!! This shit almost never happens to me! I used the gift card to buy the new Harry Potter film!!