True Crime Battle

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by Hellbilly, Mar 26, 2007.

?

vote

1. Ed Gein: The Butcher Of Plainfield (2007)

33.3%
  2. The Zodiac (2005)

33.3%
  3. Rampage: The Hillside Strangler Murders (2006)

33.3%
  1. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

[​IMG] VS [​IMG] VS [​IMG]

ED GEIN: THE BUTCHER OF PLAINFIELD (2007) - Plainfield, Wisconsin - 1957 ... first: surprise, surprise! Another Lionsgate DTV release that didn't totally suck. second: Kane Hodder - the man behind the mask - can act without a mask. He won't win any Oscars for playing Ed Gein but he sure gets a thumb up from me. Ed Gein: The Butcher Of Plainfield is no Deranged but still a neat and partly gruesome little timewaster with a nice 1950's setting. My only gripe: the actress playing "Erica". Boy, did she ever get on my nerves. The rest was fine with me. [​IMG]

THE ZODIAC (2005) - December 20, 1968 ... more thriller than horror but pretty slick produced with a solid cast and a groovy 1960s setting. Had it's Se7en moments and stayed pretty close to true events, except for the kid-detective? Dunno if that was made up. Either way, I liked this flick. [​IMG]

RAMPAGE: THE HILLSIDE STRANGLER MURDERS (2006) - Hollywood Hills, 1978 ... a time for sex, drugs, disco and murder. Psychiatrist Samantha Stone is hot on the case of Kenneth Bianchi - accused of murdering young women. When she's not analyzing people she's screwing people while taking drugs, booze and other substances. Sexy low-budget art thriller with a pinch of Boogie Nights and a spinning camera that will make you dizzy. A personal fave, so it gets my vote. [​IMG]

2. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

3. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Haven't seen any of them. I've fallen waaay behind on my movie watching lately.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

The Zodiac was surprisingly good, I really enjoyed it.

Rampage was kinda lame, didn't care much for it.

Ed Gein was okay, nothing special.