Twilight re-releases Fright Night and Christine in 2015!!!!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Nailwraps, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Christy

Christy Member

The clear cases are easy to find but I really don't care for them. As they don't have any blu ray logo on them as they were made for music dvds. If any of you lurk music sections at stores you can find them in that section.

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Compression algorithms (being lossy) aren't always perfect, so momentary glitches can happen at times during the encoding process. It's usually in the background and not in stuff like faces for instance. The higher the bit-rate and the more careful the encode is handled, the less chance of such artifacts occurring.

But seriously... unless you're going over it practically frame by frame with an eagle eye, it's usually not an issue to worry about unless you have a giant screen.

3. Christine88

Christine88 Guest

I used to do that. What memories. :banana::D now music blows!! :mad:

4. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I didn't notice any difference either. I too still own the original TT Blu-Ray and I just bought this for the extras only. I'm not selling the other Blu-Ray. Keeping it because I would like to have a spare Blu-Ray.

5. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

People on blu-ray.com are going apeshit over this release. Honestly, I do see what they're talking about but come the fuck on....you only really notice it when you pause the film, zoom in and specifically look for it?? Is that REALLY something to be losing your shit over?

People are never fucking happy. I also hate this "too bright" nonsense. Arrow gets a lot of shit for "brightening" films (maybe the other transfers were just too dark?) but you know what? It's not at ALL noticeable when you watch these films in motion on your HDTV. People complained that they brightened Dressed to Kill but there's virtually no difference between the Arrow release in the UK and the MGM release in the U.S.

~Matt

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  6. Christine88

Christine88 Guest

That place is a damn joke!! Only reason i am there is to see the junk. I dont post much.

Any new news on Christine? Like what we can expect? Not release date but features.

7. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I go on there for the info about upcoming releases, early reviews, etc. But you have to sift through a sea of garbage in order to find any useful info. And then people get pissed at you when you ask a question that was already asked. For fucks sake, if you people would stop fucking complaining over useless crap there wouldn't be so many posts to wade through.

~Matt

8. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Then I got suspended for a week for a comical reply to spam thread. Said I was "creating fake spam threads - not funny" since I replied to one.:rolleyes:
    Not funny is just the moderator's opinion is it not? Someone else may've thought it was hilarious, but we'll never know cuz they deleted the thread and suspended me.:fuck:

That's why this will always be my site. I can be me and not get suspended for jokes!

9. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Maybe not "suspended", but certainly on double secret probation.

10. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

Love the reference from the DVD of National Lampoon's Animal House. This is the only website I'm on for Horror related news and I wouldn't want to have to wade through the cry babies mentioning that the Blu-Ray is to bright. I have one movie I recently purchased Used from Vintage Stock, and I had to change the setting on my TV. It was Hammer's Vampire Circus and it was so dark, I couldn't see anything. I'm going to view it again in a few days since I changed my picture setting. I really didn't notice that it was "Bright" I'm one that I don't care if it's a little bright as long as the picture is excellent and if possible not cropped.

11. Christine88

Christine88 Guest

Yup there is lots of it! :fuck:

Mine too. :banana:

Also i cant evn get rid of my acccount there. DAMN!! :mad: they say just log out. Other forums you can delete your account. :(

12. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I received my replacement clear case and artwork in the mail today--uncrushed!!! :banana:

Thanks, Screen Archives!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  13. Christine88

Christine88 Guest

They have crushed cases too?! Ugh no! :(

14. Katatonia

15. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Well, if the compression issues isn´t noticeable in motion, then I guess I could have enjoyed the new disc.

I'm watching on a 120 inch projection screen, so problems with the compression on a disc, is VERY noticeable in comparison to on an 50-60 inch screen, when the artifacts are dancing around on the screen. No need for ADD to see those nasty and distracting little things :D
    Sometimes, bigger isn´t better ;)

16. Stige

Stige Active Member

got mine today here in Norway :)

Now let's see how long it takes before I watch this kmovie I just had to have.

17. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

There's the bright/artifact thing for Fright Night, the replacement disc for the Halloween box, and cries about how Escape from New York is too dark but Shout will surely fuck up the new one. Very annoying when I want to check the Halloween thread for new sales/deals and maybe hear some opinions on the content, but it's just "I got my replacement disc", "mine is coming", "mine is lost", who fucking cares! The ESNY I keep hoping for info on the features of the upcoming Shout disc, but it's just "the cable broadcast looks exactly how it did in the theater back in 81, and I remember perfectly, the BD sucks" type bullshit.:rolleyes:

Definitely need some waders to get through the bullshit there, it's fucking deep kid!:D

18. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I finally got this disc today. Okay yeah, people are fucking insane if they're bitching about the quality of this transfer. I made a post on bluray.com about how the image quality isn't worth getting pissed off about and that there's no sense in complaining because Twilight Time obviously isn't gonna change anything and guess what??? My post got deleted. Heh. Figures. Fuck that board.

~Matt

19. Christine88

Christine88 Guest

Amen to that. :evil::banana:

Oh that boatd is...... Poop! :mad::p

20. Katatonia

https://www.facebook.com/TNTPresents

[​IMG]

:lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously?!???