Twilight Time September/October 2015 new releases

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by satans-sadists, Jun 6, 2015.

1. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

2. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Same here. I have sooo many blu rays and dvds that I haven't watched yet. Literally, stacks that are still sealed. I buy them quickly because I know many go out of print quickly, but by the time I finally watch them all, I wouldn't have any time to watch all of the extras anyway. Yes, for a movie that I really like and have watched multiple times (i.e. Night of the Living Dead or Halloween (1978), ) I would make time for the extras but for most films, I usually never get around to it.

Shannafey likes this.
  3. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Well-Known Member

While not in keeping with the thread title, looks like Twilight Time is going to get another chance to bugger my wallet in December. As much as their business model of limited run, high price is starting to bug me, I can't pass up on 1984 (1984 release) and Mysterious Island (1961) coming out on December 8th. The latter is a re-release, but I missed the boat the first time.

4. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I can't pass up 1984 either.

5. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Yes, I'm with you guys 100%. I like extras, but most times I don't get around to watching them either, unless it is a film I love and/or I'm just intrigued by what they put on the disc. That being said, I'm done with paying $30+ for a barebones blu as well unless it is a movie I have to have!! The Fright Night special edition had meat on it and I LOVE that film. The only other Twilight Time film I bought was Dogs of Wars and while it had the International Cut of the film, that I've never seen, I had buyer's remorse at the price. I do like the film a lot, but it is hard to stomach paying that price for a movie when we are so used to the prices we've paid the last few years. I do remember paying $30 for new VHS tapes, but as time goes on, the product isn't worth as much to me. I love having an HD copy of a film I will re-watch, but I'm finding used DVDs for $1 a piece and I'm just buying them up if they are movies I've never owned or just wanted to see. Comedies and dramas don't need to be in blu for me. That is the brunt of what Twilight sells. The few genre releases have been good, but not many are $30+ good. I do want Mysterious Island, but not at that cost!

6. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

I have only bought one Twilight Time blu - Audrey Rose and I got it off of eBay brand new for $24. A little less but I like that film enough to pay for it.

7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It is out already on Blu-ray in France, Germany, Spain and perhaps other countries to be found cheaper. It apparently only includes the Trailer on those editions, but it's released by MGM/20th Century Fox so should be at least sourced from the same HD master.

I'm interested in which isolated score will be included on the TT edition; the Eurythmics one, the Muldowney one, or both.

8. horrorlover

horrorlover Member

$20 is about the max I feel is fair for a movie. I have paid more, but not often. I will buy a DVD copy if it's more than that, I only have a 32" tv, so DVD looks great to me, and with my living situation I will not be getting a larger than 32" tv probably for a long long time if ever, so all that 4K and stuff is useless to me. But the only blu rays I've paid over $20 for are like the one of Cannibal Holocaust which I though twas worth the $22 I paid for it it, and I paid like $20.15 for the Barbara Steele triple feature from Severin, but it was 3 movies, and damn it it was a fantastic release well worth the $20 I paid for it, I mean if Severin can release that for $20 why can't Twilight Time release 1 movie for less than $30, I mean you got companies like Severin out there releasing great products for great prices, I just feel Twilight Time is over priced, and I think pretty soon someone else will release their films on on blu ray, as once a HD master is struck, it's only a matter of time until someone else picks these films up for blu ray release.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  9. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I'm going to catch shit for this, but I want to support Twilight Time in spite of the NOTLD debacle, their bizarre customer service and unlimited limited bd's. They have released several films on bd that I believe may never have seen the light of day on bd otherwise.

10. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

11. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

https://www.facebook.com/twilightti...596136725727/1052297194788946/?type=3&theater

The other five titles will still go up for preorder on Wednesday, September 30th at 4 pm EST.
    1. Count Yorga, Vampire
    2. Strange Invaders
    3. Scream and Scream Again
    4. Black Widow
    5. Devil in a Blue Dress

12. MaxRenn

MaxRenn Member

10 to Midnight Angel is fun and Angel is an excellent low-budget Irish movie with an early Stephen Rea performance.

Also, for those who like 70s movies, Fat City is essential viewing, It's directed by John Huston and has superb performances from Stacy Keach and Jeff Bridges.

Best of the lot is Emperor of the North a brilliant historical action movie with Borgnine and Marvin on top form.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  13. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Fat City is an amazingly well acted movie and one of my all time favorites. Stacy Keach's performance, in terms of "popular" recognition, is criminally underrated here. Man, that ending gets me every time.....

14. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

15. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

16. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

17. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

I sold my copy of Mysterious Island for close to $200 a few months ago on Amazon before I even knew there was going to be a reissue, so I'm obviously happy they're renewing it. I didn't actually expect it would sell for my asking price but I made a nice profit on it so it works out. As long as there are people out there willing to pay I won't feel guilty about it :)

18. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Thanks! I love the Amicus anthology films & always considered Torture Garden to be overlooked. Dr. Diablo is such a great character for the wrap-around story.

19. jstell

jstell Member

20. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member