Twilight Time teams up with Sony, releaes new Fright Night '85 releases this December

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Nailwraps, Aug 31, 2011.

1. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I said the same thing about spending $45 on the Watchmen: Ultimate Cut blu-ray. 12 months after its release, I paid twice twice that much. All those Twilight Zone seasons were day one purchases for me. They are the crown jewels in my collection. If you like Fright Night, you won't be disappointed with this blu-ray, even at $30.

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Also, look at it like this: years ago, you would have paid far more just to get the film on a new VHS or Laserdisc.

3. tropical marsh

tropical marsh Member

I bought the VHS in the early '90s for like $20. :D

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

5. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Just download the HD rip of it. I found it pretty easily.

6. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

For those who have not picked up the Fright Night Blu-ray and you have a spare $100 to blow on other Twilight Time titles:

Go to www.screenarchives.com ASAP.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  7. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

For those on the fence, I just got an email from Screen Archives about 2 new LE blu-rays. Under that it shows all the previous releases, and only Fright Night has a red note stating less than 500 remaining. Nothing on Egyptian or Mysterious Island which have been out far longer. It also mentioned the offer in previous post.

8. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

I have a feeling Sony is licensing this to Twilight Time as a sort of "experiment" to gauge consumer interest. I enjoy the movie, but not enough to justify that ridiculous asking price.

9. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Or, they're just releasing it in a limited 3,000 print run and when they're gone, they're gone.

(Just wish mine would arrive! I'm starting to get worried - Anyone else in Canada get theirs yet?)

~Matt

10. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

Oh of course...once these over-priced featureless Blu-Rays are gone...they are gone until Sony mass produces a better Blu-Ray with actual features and a price tag thats fair.

11. maniac666

maniac666 New Member

Just got mine yesterday!!I live in Montreal and i haven't paid more for the shipping.35$ is enough for a blu ray!!

12. burieddeep

burieddeep Dr. Obrero

I just received an email promo from them and it said there are less than 500 Fright Night BD's remaining. Anyone on the fence better grab it.

13. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Yeah, but can you download the Fright Night magnet? I think NOT! :banana:

Speaking of the magnet, there are people quite literally freaking out over at the Blu-ray.com and DVDTalk.com forums because they didn't get the magnet. They're calling up customer support demanding they be sent the free unadvertised magnet and harassing them when they don't get one. Most have declared they'll never buy from them again.

Unfortunately for them SA says they're all out. Probably just ordered enough to cover all the pre-orders. I figure a lot of the buyers may have accidentally thrown it out, as a lot of people did with Mysterious Island. Or they may even be angling for an extra because they're greedy.

I myself called them up and yelled at them for placing something as volatile as a magnet with my precious limited edition blu-ray. After all, it could effect the sorting machines preventing the disk from reach my destination, could have got stuck to the disc and inserted into my PS3 causing irreparable damage or worse wiped my precious limited edition disc! :nervous:

I'm never going to buy from Screen Archives again for this foolish publicity stunt. I consider those who didn't get the magnet to be the lucky ones and I have cut my magnet into millions of pieces, burned it and buried it in a lake to protest this egregious action. :joshua:

14. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I thought Demoni was referring to the sequel.

15. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

If that happens, you're welcome.

I think it's safe to say this is the most sucessful of Twilight Times LE releases as it's the newest and closet to selling out. Demand was probably way underestimated by Sony and only time will tell if they do their own blu. I won't be too mad if a loaded SE comes out for cheap later, as it's something I would want to have anyway. I will feel a bit decieved if that happens, but for now I'm just happy to have mine and my magnet.:)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  16. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping this might be the case. I like fright night, but not enough to pay $30+ for a barebones release. if it never sees another release, i'll live. but if it shows up for under $20 sometime in the next few years, i'd bite. some features would make it that much more worthwhile...

17. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

I was hoping mine would've been here today but no such luck, here's hoping for monday...

18. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Why do people continue to call this barebones is beyond me... doesn´t the isolated score counts for something?

19. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Yes, I was referring to the sequel...

I never saw a magnet to be referred as 1080p, duh!

20. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

i dunno, as far as i'm concerned, its the same thing. i love special features, and make a point of listening to every commentary and watching every featurette on every disc i buy. but isolated scores are about the only things i just can't bring myself to dig into. it just holds no interest for me whatsoever, and i would list it along with DTS and mono, or whatever other audio options are included on the disc, rather than as a special feature.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011