Twilight Time teams up with Sony, releaes new Fright Night '85 releases this December

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Nailwraps, Aug 31, 2011.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Isolated Scores are a rare breed and I love to seeing them. This release also includes two trailers. Frankly this "featureless" Blu-ray includes more extras than many others including Sony's Fright Night DVD itself.

If people want more then pick this up when it comes out: http://www.eonentertainment.com/product.php?prodid=FN01

I forget... What a we all arguing about again?

2. tropical marsh

tropical marsh Member

From what I can gather, Sony would have to wait 3 years before dropping their version, because of the licensing agreement. Good luck with that. :)

3. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Im not trying to be a dick about it, if other people like isolated scores, then good for them. For me, unless it's an extremely memorable score, then it's just not something i find adds anything to a release. I've grown so used to studios writing huge lists of "special features" on the backs of their dvds, and including things like "interactive menus" and "scene selection" and "widescreen presentation", that it's become commonplace to have to skim the list of supposed special features and pick the actual features from among all the padding. If i were reading a list that included "isolated score" as one of those features, it would be one that i would ignore. so, for me, this is essentially a barebones disc (i don't think the inclusion of a trailer is enough to remove that moniker).

i love the recent trend of producing documentaries revolving around film franchises, but it seems a little ridiculous that we may start to see featureless (forgive my use of the term if you disagree) releases of films, while at the same time see releases dedicated solely to the making of those films. is it going to become commonplace to make us pay once for the film, and then again for the supplements? at this point im still in favor of stuff like this, but it sure would have been nice if twilight time could have cut a deal with whoever is producing this documentary. that might have justified their steep price.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  4. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

According to their site they have under 500 left- They are also stating if you order 100 bucks worth of merchandise from their site you can get one of 100 autographed copies for free. On a side note mine didnt come with the magnet- dang! lol

5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Just wait... once it sells out, people won't be complaining about the $30 price, but the $60+ they'll have to spend on ebay. ;)

As for the magnet, did you pre-order it before the release? If you didn't then that's probably why not.

6. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Yea I pre-ordered it the day it came available- but its not a big deal on the magnet. Im half tempted to buy another copy due to it inevitably going OOP. Too bad they didnt give like 100 random pre-orders a signed copy instead of having to spend 100 bucks <:

7. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

We┬┤re not arguing... :D

8. Stige

Stige Active Member

chewing nails and still waiting...

9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

10. dickieduvet

dickieduvet Member

Same here, Didn't opt for the extra insurance either. The cost of the disc and shipping to the UK was expensive enough. If it gets lost I will punch a snowman in the face!

11. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I'll punch a human being in the face!

~Matt

12. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

Is anyone else alittle pissed about the hold out? I know I would've payed alittle more for a signed coy of Fright Night or even given them out randomly to pre-orderers.

13. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

not sure when you guys placed your orders, but i ordered some discs from barnes and noble, and it took them over a month to arrive, via regular post. so wait times may just be increased for the holiday season. lots of packages out there at the moment, im sure.

14. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

That's gonna suck if that's the case:fucked:

15. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

You know, I did a double take when I saw that. You're right, it should have been a random entry like the two Never Sleep Again autographed posters (which I really wanted btw).

16. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

It would've made it easy to pre-order 4 copies knowing I'd get a signed 5th, but news came way too late. Yeah, it kinda sucks but so does lots of shit.:rolleyes:

17. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I figured Fright Night would sell out much faster than any of the others, but after merely a week this is still a surprise. And to think they only made 3000 of these but 30,000 of Alien 2. :rolleyes:

The $100 dollar offer is a bit of a crock, especially considering they're so low on stock already. I'd like to think the director approached them after the fact or they themselves simply underestimated interest when they organized it. The signature doesn't bother me so much as the fact that they're giving them away for "free." You give crap no one wants away for free like at Oldies.com, not your best selling item!

I agree but Twilight Time has said that Sony made it part of the deal that there could be no new extras. So I didn't bothered to point out to them the Eon disc since it may not be anywhere close to being done. Probably would have doubled the price anyways.

BTW, I own their Ghostbusters release and it's strictly for those who want anything and everything no matter how trivial. It includes some short interviews but the bulk of it is raw VHS footage at the effects shop. In fact it has what feels like an hour of footage of a guy in a Slimer costume being spun around in front of a camera while a guy barks commands at him.

18. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Dude, that's a chick. :D

19. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Now I don't feel so dirty because I found that footage HOT! :sperm:

20. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Great looking transfer. Worth every penny.