Twilight Time teams up with Sony, releaes new Fright Night '85 releases this December

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Nailwraps, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Pre-ordered mine just now. Shipping is only $4.60 to Canada (but there's a disclaimer that says packages are frequently getting lost but that makes shipping like $19) so fuck that, yeah I went with the standard shipping. $34 is better than $54. Can't justify that at all.

~Matt

2. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

I though that disclaimer was only for Europe... but now I can conclude it´s for all shipping outside US... for me it´s a clever way to induce the costumer to spend more money... me too, fuck that, I went with normal shipping, even with the holiday seasons "delay"...

3. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Pre-ordered. However, I went with the registered shipping option as it's release during the busiest shipping month and it wouldn't be the first time I've had a package lost during that time. Better safe than sorry at the price and limited availability in my books, and extra $10 for me is worth that insurance.

4. maniac666

maniac666 New Member

Pre ordered mine too!!But that stupid disclaimer that says that package can be lost is very stupid.No way i'm gonna pay 20$ for shipping!!

5. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

So people really are springing for this after crying about the price? I'm starting to worry about not snagging a copy. Wouldn't it be funny if Fright Night actually ends up outselling The Egyptian or Mysterious Island? A lot of people were laughing at predictions of a sellout but, as unlikely as that scenario may seem, I'd be shocked if this didn't move a significant number of copies.

I'd put in a vote for The Blob '88 and NOTLD '90 on Blu but I don't think those are Twilight Time's cup of tea. I was surprised they were interested in Fright Night.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  6. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

With a limited run of only 3,000 copies, I pre-ordered. I think this one has a very good chance of selling out. It is currently the number one seller on their list.

7. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

I may regret this later on (if the quality isn't great or they re-release it, cheaper, in a non-limited capacity), but I had to pre-order it. The price isn't outrageous and I love the film.

8. marcx

marcx New Member

Pre-ordered

9. deepred

deepred Member

Pre-ordered also :cool:

10. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

To justify your remark, first you have to see if the people who are pre-ordering are the ones who cried bout the price in the past.

Better order this while you can... be sort of a santa claus to yourself and order the damn thing... :D

11. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

This baby is as good as mine, believe me. I'm especially glad that it's coming to Blu after I had the misfortune of suffering through the pathetic remake earlier this year. Remakes serve to strengthen our love of the originals if the remake sucks, which is the case most of the time. As for the steep price, my motto is you get what you pay for. I'm paying for a high-quality copy of a personal favorite on a pressed hi-def disc. It's either this or a 13-year-old barebones DVD (featuring scene selections!)

12. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I had no doubt that it would become the better seller and sell out relatively fast. I think people only have a year or so to order it mind you, but it's not going to sell out before it even ships. Some people are panicking on other forums because the Screen Archives site has gone down a few times since the pre-order but that hardly means 3000 have been sold, maybe not even 300. They just have a shitty server. :D

You'll notice the Gremlins soundtrack out sold the Mysterious Island Blu-ray its opening week ON THEIR OWN SITE. So take that to the bank whenever you consider how these catalog titles are selling.

Take a look at what soundtracks they're selling and that'll probably give you a good idea what they'd be interested in distributing on Blu-ray.

13. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I'll admit it straight up. I bitched about the price, said I wasn't going to buy it, and now I'm punking out and buying it. :lol:

14. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Hell yeah you're going to buy it. It's Fright Night. Limited Edition, who knows if this wil ever get re-released again. Once this goes OOP, it's gonna go for insanely high prices. I don't think they'll sell out TOO fast, but 3000 copies still isn't that much.

~Matt

15. tropical marsh

tropical marsh Member

There is a difference between Screen Archives and Twilight Time. If you check DVD Aficionado or Blu-ray.com, you can find a list of TT's announced/released titles (DVD and BD). And guess what, just one is from the '80s/'90s--Fright Night. Don't get me wrong, though. I'd love to see TT release more titles of a recent vintage (Body Double, anyone?), but I'm not holding my breath.

16. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Save your searches, I did the same punk-ass shit! Minds change, esp. when faced with the moment it's up for order.;)

17. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Yeah I saw that comment and was pretty pissed. I either have to pay a ridiculous delivery charge ($20 on a $30 item!) or risk it getting lost and them not doing anything about it. WTF is that!? I wonder if I never receive it if I can get a refund through my credit card?

Those would be great, especially The Blob, but I don't know if I want this company releasing lots of great flicks as I don't want it to be the norm spending $30+ on a barebones Blu Ray.

18. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

im sure if sony see's this title sells out maybe they will finally release it themselves as well as blob 88 and NOTLD 90 on blu!!!

19. tropical marsh

tropical marsh Member

I doubt it. If Twilight Time somehow manages to move all 3000 units of FN, Sony will probably figure they got everything they could out of the title. It might encourage Twilight Time to license more genre titles from the last few decades, though.

20. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

According to the site, when I made my pre-order there was info in the delivery charges space that said they don´t ship another copy (if still available) or refund if we choose the standard delivery option.