Twin Peaks coming to blu-ray

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by deepred, Jul 22, 2013.

1. deepred

deepred Member

Source

More good news! :banana:

2. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Sherilyn Fenn in HD! :banana:

I'm amazed they're including Fire Walk with Me. Although the first act of Fire Walk is simply dreadful the Laura Palmer parts are some of Lynch's very best stuff.

3. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

If this includes all/any of the rumored footage from FWWM I am going to be out of my mind with joy.

I mean, sure, I'm going to buy it regardless but...

:banana:

4. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

And I just sold off my DVD set. I doubt it'll include the deleted FWWM scenes. Lynch has said in the past that the scenes need work done to them before he'd want them released, and the studios didn't seem to keen on forking over any cash for a restoration. But who knows? All kinds of stuff seems to be coming out lately.

5. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Great news! Glad I waited so long on the complete series DVD.

6. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I would definitely like to pick this up - just depends how expensive it will be at launch

7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Same here. Although I'll probably wait until the price for the BD set is more affordable.

8. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Funny, I actually enjoy the first 30 minutes of FWWM with Chris Isaak and Kiefer Sutherland more than the Laura Palmer stuff. It's strange and funny and, ironically, captures the tone of the TV series better than the rest of the film.

Laura Palmer's story is soooo bleak that once the movie moves back to Twin Peaks and focuses on her that it becomes a heavy chore to sit through. Also, Moira Kelly is a very poor substitute for Lara Flynn Boyle. I'd love to see some of the deleted scenes because I think they would have helped lighten up the film in spots.

9. Mr. Eddy

Mr. Eddy Member

Kind of a minor complaint, but I miss the "previously on" recap from the show. Hopefully they'll be back on the Blu ray.

10. deepred

deepred Member

I enjoyed the first 30 minutes too but thought the quirky humor of the show would not work for the part where it focuses on Laura's story of the last few days of her life. I am glad he went with a bleak tone because
    being raped by one's father
    is a bleak and disturbing subject and I think trying to lighten that up would not have worked well.

I agree about Moira Kelly - she stuck out like a sore thumb.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  11. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Twin Peaks: The Complete Series & Fire Walk With Me in the same package. What could be better? Fantastic news! One of my all-time favorite shows. :D Can't wait!

12. thrashard76

thrashard76 Thrash or be Thrashed

:banana: I still have Fire.. on VHS so this will be a real upgrade.

13. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Totally agree, and they also had the best teasers at the end of each episode on ABC using just a few random sound bites and cryptic still frames (which weren't always from the same scene).

They also need to port over the season one commentaries from the Artisan set and maybe add some new ones.

14. Number Six

Number Six I am not a number...

I'm only a recent Twin Peaks fan, having just watched it about this time last year, via Netflix. Missed it entirely during its original broadcast run. But if the blus were as stacked as all of the above, I'd snatch one up at release guaranteed!

You hear me, powers-that-be?? GUARANTEED!!!

15. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

http://www.bustle.com/articles/1185...in-peaks-again-in-fitting-with-the-series-end

Are you ready to get weird again? Because David Lynch is ready to get weird (continuously). In that he seems to be gearing up to film more Twin Peaks. So there’s that. Are you ready? We’re not sure if we’re ready. In the finale episode of Twin Peaks Laura Palmer tells Kyle MacLachlan’s Special Agent Dale Cooper that she will see him again in 25 years. That series was set in 1989 (though it aired ‘90-‘91), so 25 five years from then is…well, right about now. 2014, to be exact, so in fact it’s exactly now. Oh god. What does it mean.

For now it means that David Lynch is totally filming new Twin Peaks footage. There’s a casting call and everything! It includes the term “HOT Caucasian girl,” which is a term that should at once be used all the time and never ever again. Via Sande Alessi Casting and Welcome To Twin Peaks, here’s the call itself:

TWIN PEAKS PROMO. Directed by David Lynch. Shoots in Los Angeles on Tuesday, January 7, 2014. Prob a 6 hour or less day. Rate is 150/8. You must live in LA to submit. I don’t think SAG has jurisdiction on this, so SAG and NON can submit. I have called SAG to double check this and I am awaiting a call back to confirm.

HOT Caucasian girl – BRUNETTE OR REDHEADS ONLY to play waitress. Age 18-27. MUST have an amazing body. Busty, very period looking face. Please submit two current color photos (one body shot, one face shot), your sizes, union status and contact info to: SandeAlessiCasting@gmail.com.

Most of the speculation right now seems to revolve around this being a thing in service of the Twin Peaks Blu-Ray set that is occurring soon, which would make sense.

Make of this what you will, Twin Peaks fans, and revel in the general weirdness that will undoubtedly occur in the audition room for whatever actresses get the chance to try their hand at this.

16. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

:banana: I've missed David Lynch so badly!!! This is terrific news! :banana:

17. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

via

18. rift

rift New Member

Don't see a need to upgrade from the gold box dvds. If FWWM is released on blu on its own with extra footage etc I will definitely be in for that.

19. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Sounds like FWWM fell through. I was mostly looking forward to seeing that in HD. We'll have to see how the extras turn out.

20. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Twin Peaks Blu-Ray To Include Everything: Fire Walk With Me Plus Deleted Scenes, Ray Wise Says Confidently

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/fire-walk-with-me-deleted-scenes-blu-ray-wise/