Twins of Evil (Hammer)

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Damed, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Damed

Damed Guest

Does anyone have any info on an R1 release of this? Who holds the rights? MGM? Universal (Please not..)? Warner?

Any info would be appreciated.

2. dwatts

dwatts New Member

This is out in R......... Oh, I'd better head out before MutleyHyde comes to kick my ass :D

3. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

Well, it was a very specific question, directly regarding R1. But go ahead and inform us about the R2, or whatever it is, release. And I won't kick your ass. I actually appreciate that members keep us informed of our alternatives, but you verge on the manic. It's like you have an anti-R1 agenda. Seriously, it borders on political activism; and I half expect that you attend R2 rallys carrying placards declaring "NO WAR FOR R1" and "R1 OUT OF EUROPE". There is a certain amount of topic repetition here, yet you never fail to remind us that a title is available in another region, no matter how many times you've told us about the very same title before.

But really, it's not a big deal, I just thought I'd let you know why I comment on it from time to time. Don't change your ways Watts, please keep letting us know of our alternatives, and I don't expect you to keep tabs on which titles you've already commented on. I know I have a knee-jerk reaction to it, but in all actuallity, it does serve a positive purpose. [​IMG]

Now, Damed, as for Twins of Evil, from what I understand, MGM has the home video rights for Twins, however, this means VHS. The dvd rights are being fought for between a few companies, one of which I know is MGM. I forget who the other is, and whether there are more than two fighting for the rights.

All I really know is that I want the damned thing already. It's such a good film, and very representative of classic Hammer, that we shouldn't have to go through the trouble of ordering an alternate region disc on eBay and buy and hack lower tier equipment in order to watch it. The movie should be widely available.

By the way, check out my and Carl Kolchak's MGM petition

4. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Heh Heh. No problem. It ain't a region 1 thing with me - it's a REGION CODING thing. I hate region coding with a passion, for sure.