twO editions

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Jun 9, 2005.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

Although scorned by the critics and public alike, Hideo Nakata's THE RING TWO still brought in the gold at the box office, becoming the most successful horror film thus far in a fairly packed horror season. As a result, Universal will be releasing both rated and unrated cuts of the Naomi Watts film on August 23rd for $29.99 a piece. I doubt this will affect many here, but the rated edition will be full screen only, while the unrated will be in widescreen. No news yet on how long the unrated cut will be, or what supplements will be on either, but we'll update when it breaks.

Attached Files:

2. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

Unless the unrated version is an entirely different movie ( i mean entirely) i will pass.

3. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

Ditto, this movie was extremely lame/formulaic. I saw it in theatres, unfortunately due to the free movie ticket, and was very unimpressed. This type of horror movie is getting very redundant and I'm tired.

4. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I liked this sequel more so than the original remake. I wonder if the first one will be getting a suped up re-release when this is unleashed?

5. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

they have already double dipped the original, a third time would be overkill

6. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

Well, they sorta did. They released the same disc with another disc (which was released in a seperate case mind you) and all it had extra was a short film and a trailer for the sequel. Hardly a special edition!

7. nukfut

nukfut Guest

I didn't bother seeing this in the theater cause, well... I didn't care for the first one. By all accounts, I didn't miss much. I'll skip on the DVD too.

8. I'll be picking this one up. While not as good as the first, it was still a good flick.

9. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

why would anyone bother with the rated full screen version?

10. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

The Ring 2. What a rediculous title. This really didn't have anything to do with the mythology that the first one had. The kid was fucking annoying. I could go on at length about how much I don't like this kid in movies.. He was born with the gift of really dark eyes and now he's in every fucking horror movie that calls for a creepy kid :rolleyes:

Any hoo, what about calling the sequel "Samara" and doing a whole movie about how exactly that short film was made? I don't know, something better than this. There are so many ambiguious, barely necessary scenes here that leave you actually wanting the movie to end so that you can watch something else. Sissy Spacek as the mother was cool, fucking lame scene they had her do though. It's like there was nothing left to cover after the first film so they strung us along and made it up as they went.

11. Criswell

Criswell New Member

Lack of extras????????