Two from Tobe in September

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Jul 12, 2006.

1. FulciZombieFan

FulciZombieFan New Member

Although I have promised myself to slow down on DVD purchases since I expect either HD DVD or Blu-Ray to be the next "big" thing ... I have to admit ... I need to buy this new TCM DVD when it comes out :D

Although I'm sure once either HD DVD and/or Blu-Ray become more popular that we will see a full 1080p HDTV version ... since the "master" exists now.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

2. betterdan

betterdan Guest

You only live once Johnny Coleman, spend spend spend!

3. FulciZombieFan

LOL how true ...

... BUT ...

I've gone through the VHS to LaserDisc "update craze" and then the DVD Video "update craze" so I've had "my fill" of that ...

But when HD-DVD/Blu-Ray take off ... I'll be doing the "update craze" yet again I am sure LOL :lol:

4. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

This special edition of TCM is shaping up to be one of my most anticipated releases ever. I can't wait to see the new transfer.

I didn't think much of Eaten Alive so originally I wasn't going to buy this rerelease, but now I think I have to get it. The cover is awesome and the extras sound nice, so this release will make a nice companion for TCM.

5. It's me Billy

It's me Billy New Member

Menu screenshots have been posted here.

6. rp108

rp108 Guest

CAN'T WAIT for this release!!! Nice transfer w/ a shitload of extras, a little late but looks like it is worth the wait.

7. ReNeGaDe

ReNeGaDe Guest

a commentary from marilyn burns alone makes me want to throw away my "meat packing" edition out while im driving

8. Crazy Ralph

Crazy Ralph Guest

The only time I've ever seen the original TCM on DVD, it was $75. I'm so glad this is being released again, with this 2 disc special.

Can't wait.

9. Rocker416

Rocker416 Member

10. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Well that's good, maybe they can do the transfer right this time where it can take advantage of progressive players.

11. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Well that's good that it'll look it's best, but I was really looking forward the Eaten Alive being released so I'm a bit disappointed.

12. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i am glad it got delayed to many titles on sept 26th already will get it when it is released though

13. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Same here. Sept. 26th was looking too crowded with new releases I wanted.

14. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I was hoping the delay was to correct the transfer issues. Good to know.

15. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Oh I'm likin' this commpany more and more. They postpone the release date to a RARE and OBSCURE title that never really gets the recognition it deserves to do what? Give it a BETTER transfer! Who cares if it's been delayed. This is fuckin' sweet! And I love their mentality of, "Well since we're delaying it already why don't we take some time and record a new commentary with the director and add some new special features?" What do I say?....FUCKIN' SERIOUS! That's some awesome shit! Anchor Bay should take a page out of Dark Sky's book (with their countless releases of certain titles), becsuse Dark Sky seems to be learning very well from the masters at Criterion. This sounds like the type of shit Criterion does (recalling a title to remaster the picture and add even MORE features...except Dark Sky did this BEFORE they released the title!) and if Dark Sky is gonna start doing this, they'll soon begin to be the leading horror distributor out there! Fucking number ONE in my book right now. Props to Dark Sky! Giving fans what they want!

~Matt

16. FulciZombieFan

Dark Sky is basically MPI as I understand it and does anyone remember the MPI DVD release of HENRY PORTRAIT OF A SERIAL KILLER that had the audio way out of sync during the movie and director interview? I sure do as I own it ... and they never recalled that!

Sure they released a better version but years later with no "upgrade" options for those of us (like me) that got screwed on the earlier release.

Good to see that they have changed but old wounds heal slow.