Ultimate Christmas Slasher !!??

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Il Corvo, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Il Corvo

Il Corvo Guest

Christmas Slashers !!??

I only saw :

- Silent Night, Deadly Night (1-2-3),

but I hear a lot about :

- To All A Good Night
    - You Better Watch Out (aka : Christmas Evil)

What's the best Christmas slasher out there ?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2004
  2. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

Without a doubt, Black Christmas. Bob Clark defined slasher in his materpiece of holiday horror. I'm not saying it's the best film ever (or even the best film taking place on Chrismas), but it is the only really solid slasher flick I've seen in the Christmas season. I have yet to see Christmas Evil, but it sounds pretty cool. I would like to pick it up as I am a huge Troma fan and I believe they have some sort of rights to release it. For another Christmas horror(comedy) movie that has always hit home for me is Gremlins, but I haven't seen that for a while (can't say how great it is now). I know that it's not a slasher flick so I didn't count that, but I probably enjoy it more than Black Christmas even.

3. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I don't usually consider Black Christmas a "Christmas slasher" in the vein of those other films mentioned, because the killer isn't actually in a Santa suit. If I were including that film, it would be the best by far, however, I'm going to exclude it and go with Silent Night, Deadly Night... sure, it's not very good, but it's got some amazingly sleazy and cheesy moments that make it irresistable to me.

I own To All a Good Night on VHS (its David Hess's only directorial effort) and thought it was fun, too, but even though it did come before SNDN, it's still not as good. Christmas Evil is another that came before it, but that one is just plain DULL. I only really liked the last ten or fifteen minutes.

4. Atmims

Atmims Guest

As far as Santa slashers go, 'Christmas Evil' is cool. That's the only one I care for. (Never seen 'To All a Good Night')

5. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

I agree with Ryan, Christmas Evil is dull. However it is a good character study and probably worth seeing once. If you are looking for any horror movie that takes place during Christmas, watch Black Christmas. In my opinion it is the best slasher film ever made. If you are looking for a movie with a killer Santa, then Silent Night Deadly Night would be my pick. I haven't seen To All A Good Night yet but it does look promising.

6. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

silent night deadly night

7. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Black Christmas. :)

8. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Black Christmas Is Also A Good Choice But It Is Not A Slasher Film But Is Very Scary And Has Some Disturbing Elements It Came Out In 1975 Three Years Before Halloween And Five Years Before The Very First Slasher Film Friday The 13th

9. Black Christmas , i can't remember Silent Night deadly Night as i seen this years ago . Christmas Evil was horrible and Don't Open Till Christmas is just plain cheesy ( the only film directed by Edmond Purdon of Pieces fame )

10. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Silent Night, Deadly Night available as a 2 for 1 flipper disc with the sequel from Anchor Bay. However, the sequels are atrociously boring as hell. I actually wish the first one was a special edition without the crappy sequel included. :(

11. That's why i did'nt buy the Anchor Bay double as it had Silent Night Deadly Night 2 , and what a truly horrible movie it is .

12. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

...AND ALL THROUGH THE HOUSE, that Tales From The Crypt episode was a pretty good Christmas slasher.

13. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

Silent Night Deadly Night 2 is worth watching once. If you missed the original, just watch part 2 and they pretty much re show everything. Or better yet, go out and watch the original. By the way, despite what others may say, Black Christmas is a slasher and I would argue against anyone who said that F the 13th is the "first slasher." Sorry I just had to get that off of my chest.

14. Damage

Damage Mirror Mirror

Gotta be Black Christmas... C'mon, it's got John Saxon!

15. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Black Christmas is easily the ultimate Christmas slasher, as well as the ultimate slasher in general.

16. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

BLACK CHRISTMAS is a true standout,exceptionally well done,with a terrific use of sound for it's scary theatrics.The old Joan Collins segment of Amicus' TALES FROM THE CRYPT "...AND ALL THROUGH THE HOUSE" ),while not technically a "slasher" is also effective,catching the season very well and with a clever use of Christmas music.I prefer it to the tv show remake with Larry Drake,though that is also fun.

17. 19VOORHEES83

19VOORHEES83 New Member

i have to say that Silent Night Deadly Night is the best christmas slasher to watch

18. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Black Christmas might be the best Christmas slasher so to speak, but Silent Night, Deadly Night is far more in the holiday spirit and hence is the movie I watch every Christmas Eve.

Punish!!!!!!!

19. Il Corvo

Il Corvo Guest

I forgot about :

- Black Christmas :(

of course I've seen it. Thanks for your input on Better Watch Out (aka Christmas Evil) in particular. I wasn't sure about that one, I guess I'll just stay away from it.

20. My own, personal order:

Black Christmas

And All Through the House (Tales from the Crypt)

Silent Night, Deadly Night 1 & 2

Gremlins(not a slasher, but come on! Its Gremlins!)