Umbrella Entertainment - Blu-ray Release Thread

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by baggio, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Yeah because after the dots they probably said, "make sure it's not this one" lol.
    That being said I have a soft spot for this movie. It's wacky and hilarious.

2. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Close. "IF you see only one werewolf movie this year, you might as well make it ''Howling III,'' Philippe Mora's not-altogether straight-faced howler on behalf of lycanthropes' liberation." https://www.nytimes.com/1987/11/13/movies/australian-howling.html

Zombie Dude likes this.
  3. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Coming April 3rd.

Death Warmed Up

[​IMG]

4. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Excellent, no seen this in years.

Do you have any news on version being released? As this was cut in the UK and Australia previously.

5. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

6. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Just finished watched death warmed up blu, enjoyable movie, great too see it after all its troubles getting to blu. Please be aware going in that the print is not perfect, not by a long shot, it's been made up of 2 and a half! prints, no provenance is noted, it was consistent apart from about 3 or 4 shots that looked VHS quality? They are quite quick and blended well. If you keep expectations in check I all will be pleased.

baggio likes this.
  7. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

November 6th:

[​IMG]

Cut: the Australian post-Scream slasher starring Molly Ringwald.

Special Features:
    - EXCLUSIVE NEW 4K RESTORATION OF THE FILM
    - Audio Commentary with Director Kimble Rendall and Writer Dave Warner
    - Behind the Scenes of CUT
    - Interviews with Cast & Crew: MOLLY RINGWALD, SARAH KANTS, JESSICA NAPIER, KYLIE MINOGUE, SAM LEWIS, GEOFF REVELL, SIMON BOSSEL, KIMBLE RENDALL, MARTIN FABINYI and MICHAEL GUDINSKI
    - Storyboards
    - HAYRIDE TO HELL Short (1995)
    - Theatrical Trailer
    - REGION-FREE

If I'm not mistaken, LionsGate still has their mitts on this one, so don't expect a US counter-release.

8. CPT HOOK

Cut is now on blu-ray!

I just got mine today. Here's a look at the back of the case (specs, extras, etc):

IMG_20191205_120925.jpg
    IMG_20191205_120912.jpg

DeepDiscount carries it, so I didn't even have to import!

baggio likes this.
  9. foller

foller Active Member

Does it have a reversible cover without the ratings logo? If yes, is it the same as the front? Thanks!

10. CPT HOOK

Sorry for the delayed response. I have more blu-rays coming in right now than I can keep up with, so I only got around to watching the Cut blu-ray last night.

It does have a reversible cover that is the same as the front only without the ratings logo.

The transfer is good, but it maybe accentuates the low-budget look of the film. The look reminds me of something like Evil Ed. I really enjoy this little post-Scream slasher. The pace is incredibly quick (the movie is just over 80 minutes), the characters are fun, and it delivers the slasher goods. It reminds me of Urban Legends: Final Cut meets Popcorn, only Australian and on a much smaller budget.

I didn't listen to the commentary, but I assume it is new and was done for this release? Aside from that, there are no new interviews here looking back at the film. The "Behind The Scenes" only runs a minute or two, and is just raw footage from the set. The cast and crew interviews are entirely EPK from when the movie was shot. There's a lot of them, maybe 10, running only a minute or so each, and you have to select each one individually (no play all).

I was expecting the Hayride To Hell short to be horror. It's not, it's basically a '90s noir. It does feature Kylie Minogue and runs about 10 minutes. The disc also has a storyboard gallery and trailer. I assume the trailer is the Australian one, because it's not the fun one we got here in the US with the animated "rules of the theater" intro.

Even though there's a region B logo on the back, the disc (both movie and extras) played flawlessly in my region A locked player. So the disc is region free, as promised.

11. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

I had Cut on a double feature DVD with St. Francisville Experiment - I enjoyed both but Cut was the better film. Gonna wait to see if Diabolik will carry it before importing.