Unholy Women (Kowai Onna)

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by KL Clark, Jan 4, 2009.

1. KL Clark

KL Clark Guest

[​IMG]

I don't know how I missed this one 'til now. Has anyone else seen Kowai Onna a.k.a. Unholy Women? It's an anthology of 3 short horror stories from Japan.

The first story Rattle Rattle (Kata-kata) has a wicked looking lady in red. Was good, scary stuff, but the ending flopped.

[​IMG]

The 2nd, Steel (Hagane) was straight up weird but darkly funny. Shy boy goes on blind date. Blind date is covered from head to waist in bulging burlap sack. And it just gets weirder after that. :eek2:

[​IMG]

The 3rd story, Inheritance (Uketsugu mono), was actually pretty slow, but it had its moments. The little boy Suga Kenta who plays Michio was what made it worth watching. The other actors' performances were along the same lines as watching paint dry- tedious and boring.

Over all I liked Kowai Onna. Like Tales from the Crypt, only Asian. Mediocre, but worth a watch. 3 out of five stars.

2. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

I saw it a while back...the middle story is what makes the film, it's twisted as hell and just outright bizarre. I was highly amused by it, and that segment alone makes the film worth checking out. The final segment is pretty bland, and the first is nothing any fan of J-horror hasn't seen before, but that middle segment is a breath of fresh air.

3. KL Clark

KL Clark Guest

All I can say is the bag lady's like a Timex. Poor guy literally couldn't beat her off with a sledge hammer lol :D

4. 2D4EVER

2D4EVER Guest

Just saw this last night. As I heard the second short Hagane is awesome. It's not really horror but it is totally weird and always interesting. You just don't know what the hell is going to happen next. The first one was bland j-horror (with practically every cliche in the book thrown in for good measure) with bad effects. Also the lady in red sometimes looked like a guy in red and the ending made no sense at all. The third one was pretty boring all the way through. It did have a nice downbeat ending and the kid was the best part but otherwise it was terrible. Hagane is definitely worth checking out by any means necessary though.

5. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

The 2nd story sounds interesting to say the least.