Unpopular opinions!

Discussion in 'General' started by _pi_, Nov 6, 2007.

1. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Again: Oh, HELL YEAH!! :joshua: (couldn't find a Thumbs-Up smiley, so I gave you the Award-of-a-Joshua, it means just as much)

What you do mean? What ending should it have had? In my opinion, the beginning is more problematic. The quick-cutting between Caleb and Mae's faces bothers the hell out of me. Plus, they never did much with her whole "listen to the night, do you hear it?" thing. And, I hate Diamondback. She doesn't do anything but feed off the mood the guys set up. The most she is to the movie is, (I know this wasn't in the movie, I'm doing a sarcastic impression-paraphrasing: ) "that's Diamondback, she belongs to Jesse..." I could say more but I don't want the fans chasing me around with torches. At least in the end, she dies. :evil: Anyway, by the end, I was actually invested in the story. I wanted to see more of Caleb and Mae than the other vamps anyway.

I think I'm going to cry. That was wonderful! ;)

2. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

I got a 42 inch Sharp Aquos 1080p LCD TV. I upconvert with my PS3 (which does a great job) and I wasn't that impressed with Dawn of the Dead on Blu-Ray in comparison to DVD at all. In fact, I gave it a review awhile ago:

http://miscgarbage.com/2008/02/10/dawn-of-the-dead-blu-ray-review/

Also, Beetlejuice on Blu-ray looked great, however I was far from blown away after seeing it on VHS so many times. I will say that BBC's Planet Earth series on Blu-ray it outstanding though.

3. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Hey, that's a nice TV! :D

I haven't seen what Dawn of the Dead looks like on blu-ray, but personally I've only heard good things. It's true though, some blu-rays look less than stellar, but that's usually a result of the source material and not the format itself. What gets me almost more than the sharpness of the image is how good colors look and how much brighter films look. It's wonderful, really. :)

~Matt

4. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

That is pretty insightful actually. Nice one.

My only counter to that would be that Robin Wright didn't get AIDS from shouting against Vietnam, nor does she die as an unfavorable character.

5. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Forrest may get rewarded for following the rules, but at the end of the day he is STILL just a retard.

6. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

LOL wow, that actually is one of the most insightful things I've ever seen someone say about that movie. It's so true to life though, isn't it? All the good ones die. Anyone who made any impact by going outside the norms of society is shot down. (Sometimes quite literally).

~Matt

7. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

LMFAOOO!!! :spit: :lol: :lol:

Brutal honesty. It's so true.

~Matt

8. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

9. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

John Lennon got shot by a fan, not by FBI either. The fact that she is not unfavorable is even more cunning: she dies because she made a MISTAKE. Poor girl...

And yes, he is still a retard (not a ''full retard" though, God bless Robert Downey jr.) but the film ADMIRES him soooooo much. So fuck Gump.

10. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

:lol:

11. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Unless you're a member of a secret society and/or they have deep, personally spiritual significance, tattoos are just plain tacky and aren't cool at all.

And even if you really are a member of a secret society or they do have spiritual significance, then chances are your tattoo is still tacky.

12. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

I just sat through DEMONS 2 and, can I just say again, that the stylized Italian horror movies that everyone seems to worship* is a fucking joke? 'Cause it is.

*with the occasional exception, of course, as I do love THE BEYOND. :D

13. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I have to say it...

Fight Club and Sarface (1982) are two of the most overrated films of all-time. :eek:

It just irks me that whenever you walk into a poster store, the only movie posters they ever seem to have on the walls are from either Fight Club or Scarface. Not to mention a good 1/3 of the movie posters they have for sale are either Fight Club or Scarface posters. Like, we get it. "Say hello to my little friend!" Enough already!

~Matt

14. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Yeah, I'm pretty sick of those posters. I can't imagine having one on my wall and thinking it was cool at this point. I still love SCARFACE the film, though. FIGHT CLUB...never liked it as much as so many.

15. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

Scarface posters are so popular because for some reason rappers decided that it's their movie despite the fact that there's no black people in it.

16. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

^ LMAO! :lol: So true.

~Matt

17. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Oh, and Persona is the greatest art film ever made.

~Matt

18. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

Ever been to a Spencer Gifts? They have a shitload of Scarface merchandise. (Clocks, bobbleheads, action figures, you name it.) Still love the movie.

There's love for Demons 2?! It got plenty of bad reviews back then. Never cared much for this sequel.

19. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

- Bruce Campbell was the only bad aspect of The Evil Dead. (How the fuck was this guy in any other movie? He sucks! Not only that, he's annoying as hell! Don't even get me STARTED on his chin...)
    - James Franco is one of the greatest actors of our time.
    - Death metal and screamo rock is not music.
    - Rope ranks number 2 on my list of Alfred Hitchcock's greatest films.
    - 99% of Wes Craven's films are crap.
    - David Fincher's greatest film is Panic Room.
    - Carpenter only made 3 horror films. (Halloween, The Fog, Christine)
    - The Haunting (1963) is the greatest haunted house movie....EVER. By a LONG shot.
    - Psycho is not a horror movie.
    - The Burning is overrated.
    - I think a lot of people might actually agree with this: Barbra Streisand is the most fucking annoying bitch in Hollywood.
    - Some Like it Hot is the the most well-made comedy to come out of Hollywood.
    - I find The Wizard of Oz to be one of the most annoying movies ever made, YET...Judy Garland was the greatest singer ever to grace the planet.
    - New York, New York is one of Scorsese's greatest accomplishments.
    - Joanne Woodward really wasn't a great actress, neither was there anything special about Grace Kelly.

Oh...

And Shakira CANNOT sing!

~Matt

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  20. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

How dare you, sir.:D

Say what you will about screamo, but death metal is music. Ever hear of a little band called DEATH? Only, like, one of the greatest bands in the history of sound.

My unpopular opinion: The Beatles are LAME. Influential? sure. But their music is the equivalent of The New Kids on the Block: POP CRAP. Give me the Stones ANY DAY over Beatle nonsense.