Unpopular opinions!

Discussion in 'General' started by _pi_, Nov 6, 2007.

1. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

If you were a musician and just TRIED to play two chords of ANY Beatles song you'd know you talk bullshit - and this from the drummer of Septic Flesh. :p

Everyone who shits on fab-four should read LEMMY's autobiography and then SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Streisand is annoying yup.

Oh, how's this for unpopular?

I HATE JUDD APPATOW! I HATE EVERYTHING HE DIRECTS! HE KNOWS NOT THE BASICS OF FILM DIRECTION.

2. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

I don't know if I hate him, but he is so overrated. The only things I really like that he was involved in was Anchorman and Talladega Nights, and he was just the producer there. Knocked Up was decent, 40 Year Old Virgin was overrated, and Pineapple Express sucked ass.

3. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

The new "self aware" tongue-in-cheek comedies today are fucking garbage. Knocked Up wasn't even a comedy and it was basically one big commercial. Juno was awful, and the Winona Ryder wannabe lead was predictable and unfunny. Superbad didn't have anything resembling a plot and it sure as hell wasn't funny. I can't imagine how horrible Pineapple Express must be.

Also, it goes without saying that all the Will Ferrel type comedies suck as well. Same predictable shit over and over. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Old School when I was in college and never saw the appeal. Give me Revenge of the Nerds over that shit any day.

4. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I have a tattoo and I unfortunately realize this too. :(

:spit:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  5. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Not in my book.

It is, but it's not a big fave of mine.

6. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Did a drummer just try telling me about playing the guitar?:D

I am (or was, more appropriately) a musician, and the Beatles are pretty weak. In all seriousness, I agree: Beatles - totally influential... but still pop music. There's no danger there... no art. The Doors, The Stones... now THAT is ROCK.

7. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Ringo Starr is an underrated drummer. John Bonham is an overrated one. I just heard "Black Dog" on classic rock radio and the drums are terribly sluggish. Not a fan.

8. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I think writing an entire album while fucked on LSD is pretty dangerous. :p

Everything before 66, I'd agree was more pop based, but their post 66 era got more into the meat and potatoes of their musical relevance.

9. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

I am a guitarist, and The Beatles are not weak. Not saying I'm a good guitarist, mind you, but my former guitar teacher--whose Blues books are published by Hal Leonard--also held their musicianship in high regard.

No danger? Manson would disagree.

10. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

God, I hope I never have to hear another Doors or Stones song for the rest of my life. Especially the overpraised and overblown Doors. The Stones are fascinating because a couple of them died a decade ago but they still keep moving. Historically important - yeah. Good music to listen to today? No. Try not to get lost in "Classic Rock" - it ain't healthy.

And Manson is a fruit. :D

11. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

:lol:

12. Angelman

I am a guitarist and I am pretty good. But I'm not talking about musicianship. I could name a million musicians that could smoke the Beatles, Doors, and Stones. I'm talking about ROCK. I just think it is fashionable to say the Beatles are the bestest ever, but in reality they wrote pop songs. They were a good pop band, but they weren't ROCK.

And Dwatts - I don't even like classic rock... my only point is that even in their own era they were pop musicians. No edge.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  13. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Of course they weren't "ROCK" because it was the 60s. "ROCK" didn't exist. They were a "Rock 'N Roll" band.

14. Angelman

"ROCK" has existed since the dawn of creation, and will after we are all gone.

15. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Angelman: Don't worry about me mate, I'm with you on the Beatles. Horrible is a word that comes to mind.

16. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Precisely. Which is the reason they're played on every single classic rock station. Classic rock encompasses anything from rock 'n' roll to classic punk rock (The Ramones) to metal or hard rock, up to a certain point in time. LOL The Beatles even have a song called "Rock 'n' Roll Music". (Which is why The Beatles and bands such as AC/DC and Led Zeppelin are considered classic rock, yet they each sound much different.)

Rock only really started in the late '60s/early '70s. Before that it was rock 'n' roll, that started in the mid-late '50s. Before THAT it was pop, jazz, blues, etc etc. I wouldn't necessarily say that rock has existed since the dawn of creation, unless you mean actual ROCKS. :D

Either way, I know tons of people who hate The Beatles. Personally, I don't understand it, but you can't please everyone, and everyone has different tastes.

~Matt

17. Angelman

Word.:)

18. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

But hey, here's something I believe we can all agree on. How were The Beach Boys ever popular? I mean seriously, who has actually SAT through an entire Beach Boys song? :lol:

~Matt

19. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

:D

20. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

I can sit through an entire album. Huge Beach Boys fan! Their '67-71 period was overlooked and went beyond the surf music. It's uncool to like 'em. Fuckin' Kokomo didn't help matters much. :D