Upcoming Friday The 13th Blu-Rays, DVDs & Boxset From Paramount

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Shawn Francis, Jul 23, 2011.

1. dickieduvet

dickieduvet Member

Where do I sign :banana:

2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

actually the old box set had 5 dvds remember disc 1,2,3,4 were all 2 movies on each dvd and then the 5th awesome bonus disc

3. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

There was a petition going around I know I already signed it.

4. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Yes, you are right.

I didn´t remember that and checked mine.

5. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Paramount should advertise this boxset the other way around... LOL

"Just in time for Halloween, buy Jason´s mask and we offer all the movies in the original franchise"

6. The Tall Man

The Tall Man Member

Good old paramount. No more purchases from me until 4-8 blu appears. Unbelievable.

7. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

Amen brother!!!!

8. fceurich39

why couldnt paramount atleast put 1,2,3 and the final chapter box set on blu-ray heck i think alot of people would probably buy it if the final chapter was included heck the first 4 films is when jason was still human not a zombie yet

9. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Exactly. Whoever the person is behind releasing these films has really got no clue. How hard is it to get blurays out there? If they are worried about sales then pack them all together in a nice set and people will buy it, even if it's only for one film like part 4.

My worry is that poor sales of this stupid and pointless (plus unattractive) new set will mean we'll never see the rest of the films on bluray.

10. Mitbox

Mitbox Member

I'm tempted because I didn't buy any of the Deluxe Edition DVD's, but I don't see the point of releasing a DVD Boxset of any movie in 2011.
    I'd buy the set if it cost 20 bucks or less, but I'd pay more than double if it was a Blu set of. at least, the first 4 parts.

I don't think the execs. behind these decisions are dumb enough to release such underwhelming shit like this without knowing for sure they will profit a little bit, they most have a reason like:

-they are full of dvd's leftovers and need a new way of selling them.
    -this is directed at the occasional horror fan who has no clue this existed individually before.
    -other studies or excel sheet says this will sell despite nerds like me going on line complaining about it.

11. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

I've also been holding out on 4-8 for the Blu-rays. I'm mean, Jesus, after the first three came out was I an idiot for expecting the rest to follow. I supported Paramount by not even waiting for an inevitable (and logical) blu-ray boxset. They are the WORST STUDIO in regards to BLU-RAY and they have dropped the ball completely here. They were also really slow and annoying when DVD first launched also.

I'd half expect them now to release 4-8 on BD without the deluxe features. I've been waiting years to hear those friggin' commentary tracks!!

12. fceurich39

i heard the sales for f13th part 2 blu-ray was really poor but 1 and 3 did really well since part 3d looked better on blu and had special features that the deluxe edition dvd was missing because it would of had to been 2 discs since both versions was on the dvd

13. tropical marsh

tropical marsh Member

Jesus, there's a lot of bitching in this thread. You guys act like Paramount is committing a mortal sin or some shit. But you guys should fuckin' relax, because I'm sure good ol' Paramount will deliver F13 4-8 on BD next year to all the heartbroken horror fans that can't go another day without Jason Takes Manhattan on blu-ray. :lol:

14. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I think I speak for many of the others on this forum when I say that Paramount has failed to embrace the Blu-ray format. It's frustrating that for the most part, the few movies they've released have been shoddy. I don't think anyone here has been "bitching". This is a digital horror forum, where else should we express our dissatisfaction?

15. tropical marsh

tropical marsh Member

I don't agree that Paramount hasn't embraced the format, and I don't agree that "the few movies they've released have been shoddy". Remember, they were originally in the HD-DVD camp, so they were a little late coming over to blu-ray. And they've released over 200 hundred movies on BD, most of them excellent from what I've seen and read (from reviews).

Who cares about the DVD boxset, it's not like someone is forcing you to buy it. And like I already said, I think the remaining Fridays will hit BD in the next year or so. You know, maybe Paramount looked at the amount of catalog BD titles slated for the fall and winter, and they figured in a shitty market they're better off releasing 'em next year. So let's be happy folks, plenty of good stuff coming out in the next few months. :)

16. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

The format war ended three years ago and aside from Apocalypse Now, Zodiac and The Godfather Trilogy, I haven't been impressed (Escape From L.A., Hunt For Red October, Trading Places). My latest purchase from Paramount was 48 Hrs, which looks about as bad as a movie can look. It's been two years since the first three Friday films were released on Blu-ray. I wish I could share your enthusiasm that the rest of the films will be released next year. This is Paramount, not Echo Bridge. They should be right up there with Warner and Sony. I bought all eight bare bones Friday the 13th films on VHS in the 90's, the bare bones DVD's in the early 00's, the Crystal Lake Boxset in 2005 and the first three Blu-rays. I have been waiting for the remaining Deluxe Editions to come out on Blu-ray. So when they insult their fan base by offering repackaged DVD's in yet another box with a hideous "mask", it makes one wonder what are they are thinking?

17. tropical marsh

tropical marsh Member

Yeah, I'd like to see the rest of the Friday series make their way to BD, but I'm not really upset or anything because there's so much other stuff already out or coming soon--I don't have the inclination to even care.

And the forthcoming boxset shouldn't be taken as an insult by the die hards, because it's just a last ditch attempt to milk a bit more money out of a tired ass format--you know, for the chowderheads that don't obsess over movies 24/7.

18. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

Which is fine but what we're worried about is that Paramount will use this as an excuse not to release the rest of the series on blu cause no one bought their box set. Then go back to bringing out super deluxe blu-rays of their star trek franchise.

19. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Allot of companies treat blu ray like nothing more then a gimmick.

20. tropical marsh

tropical marsh Member

Yeah, but I really don't get the correlation. The Friday movies being released on DVD again for the umpteenth time (and then selling poorly) would tell Paramount exactly what in relation to 4-8 being released on BD? If anything, the DVD boxset selling like shit would probably work out better (for us)--maybe that'll serve as the impetus in getting the rest of the series on blu.