Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

For those of you who ordered the recalled All Night Horror Marathon from Deep Discount via Amazon Marketplace, have you received your orders yet and if so, how did the item ship? Did it come UPS or regular postal service? I haven't received my order yet but my mail service seems screwed up at the moment.

2. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Thought I'd post this here too:

So I got a message from Amazon today telling me my "All Night Horror Marathon Vol1" was cancelled even though I'd message chatted with a chick on Amazon about it a week about and she'd told me it definitely wouldn't be.
    Shitty about this I went back to Amazon chat and re-told my experience from last week, posted the links to both items (new and old) and said I was quite upset.

My response was to go to the new item, order it, choose the fastest shipping speed and then... wait for it... he would bring the cost down to $6 and waive the shipping fee (which to Aus was $25.48)!!

Needless to say Amazon is still very much in my good books.

3. Zombie Dude

Watched Fear City the other night after reading this post and thought it was good. Nothing amazing but definitely entertaining. I found it funny that they never really explained the killers motive. It was all kinds of random :lol:

4. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

From Facebook:

5. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

i'm drawing a blank on who the actress is who plays his girlfriend, and that cover art is not helping me. at all.

someone on facebook commented something to the effect of "oh look, another collage." i've liked most of their new cover designs to varying degrees, but they do feel pretty one note.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  6. zbinks

Frances McDormand and no, that doesn't really look like her at all.

[​IMG]

7. Zombie Dude

Are the DarkMan sequels any good?

8. Blackheart

Blackheart Member

Looks like Helen Hunt.

Yeah, not one of their better covers to be sure. Not a big fan of the Arrow ones in general so kinda sad to see Scream using artists from there.

9. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

They're a major step down from the first, but I found them perfectly watchable.

10. Zombie Dude

Cool, thanks. I didn't even know sequels existed till I found a box set of Darkman at a local store. Never really cared for the first film but it's probably been almost ten years since I've seen it so who knows now.

11. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

More like Liam Neeson. Just kidding. Like I could do any better. :)

12. zbinks

I don't think it's so much a bad choice of artists. Gary Pullin is better than this piece demonstrates.

13. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

The reason why I hate all of their new covers is because they're too comic booky. Doesn't anybody know how to paint anymore?

14. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I have no plans to pick up their edition (fine with the triple feature Universal put out) but still that's one fugly cover art.

15. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Not a huge fan of Gary's style...its too "art deco-esque" and doesn't fit the horror film subject matter at all. It usually end up looking rather lack luster...

Although the artwork he did for the newly reissued ReAnimator OST LP was pretty awesome.

16. Zombie Dude

Whilst I think some of the artwork they've been doing looks great (The Burning, The Howling and Prince of Darkness comes to mind), I have to agree with you.
    This new art in particular looks rubbish. One of the worst I've seen from Shout! for sure. I'd also liker to see some less comic-booky art.

17. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

I would have loved for them to have the commissioned art as the reverse and kept the original theatrical art for the slipcovers.

18. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

i think the reason for that is marketing. with colorful, attention-grabbing artwork, that doesn't look..."dated", they probably have a better chance of appealing to new buyers, people who don't know the films or who don't have an interest in older genre films.

19. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Good news, bad news time from Scream's Facebook:

" Final extras for THE VINCENT PRICE COLLECTION (10/22) and JOHN CARPENTER'S BODY BAGS (11/12) will be announced by end of Aug. NIGHT OF THE COMET's will be early Sept.

- Update on THE VINCENT PRICE COLLECTION: We had originally intended to include the U.S. version of WITCHFINDER GENERAL known as CONQUEROR WORM, but due to some unforeseen legal issues, we were told we would need to remove a scene from the film. Sine we felt the fans would have been unhappy that a scene was cut from the film, so we decided to drop the U.S. version of the film instead of editing the film. Sorry guys, we tried. :(..."

20. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

From DVD Newsflash's Facebook!:

"From Home Theater Forum:

EXTENDED DIRECTOR’S CUT OF CLIVER BARKER’S “NIGHTBREED”
    SCHEDULED TO BE RELEASED IN 2014 FROM SCREAM FACTORY

Los Angeles, CA August 19, 2013 — Shout! Factory and Morgan Creek Productions officially announced today a strategic distribution alliance to bring Clive Barker’s classic horror film “Nightbreed” extended director’s cut to the home entertainment marketplace in the U.S and Canada and on digital entertainment platforms next year. The announcement was made by Shout! Factory’s founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos along with David Robinson, President of Morgan Creek Productions. The news initially broke at Comic-Con 2013, however the agreement formally reached by both parties occurred today.

For years rumors swirled about substantial missing footage from the film. A fan-driven movement was created (www.OccupyMidian.com) to see the full version of the film restored and re-released, which was not only a more faithful adaptation of Clive Barker’s book “Cabal,” but is what originally he intended “Nightbreed” to be.

Clive Barker said, “I had a dream about the tribes of the moon. They would live in a city called Midian and, though they were monsters of every shape and size, they would be the heroes of a movie called “Nightbreed.” However, when I made the movie, the studio was not comfortable with this inversion of the classic structure. They wanted the monsters to be simple-minded scare machines, while I wanted them to be the dark side of all of us, mysterious and misunderstood. Finally, with this new version of “Nightbreed,” which contains over forty five minutes of previously unseen material, my original vision has been realized. Come with me to Midian, the city of monsters. The tribes of the moon await us.”

“We are excited by this opportunity with Morgan Creek and are huge fans of Clive Barker. His cinematic works and brilliant storytelling continue to captivate fans worldwide,” stated Shout! Factory’s founders in a joint statement. “We look forward to working closely with Clive to bring his original vision to life.”

Shout!’s SCREAM FACTORY plans an aggressive rollout of “Nightbreed” extended director’s cut through physical home entertainment releases and a variety of digital entertainment distribution platforms sometimes next year.

“We’d also like to take this opportunity to thank the fans,” noted Robinson. “Without their hard work and persistence, this would have never become a reality. Clive Barker is one of the greats, and we are tremendously proud and excited to be working with him and Shout! Factory on this release.”

The original “Nightbreed” was released in 1990 by Morgan Creek Productions and Twentieth Century Fox. Directed by Clive Barker, the film starred Craig Sheffer, Anne Bobby and David Cronenberg and centered on a tribe of monsters and outcasts known as the Nightbreed that hide from humanity. The official “Nightbreed” page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/FansOfNightbreed"