Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I'd like that too. Unfortunately, SF stated at some point that Hell Night was out of the question, and I don't think it's because SF wasn't interested. But hey, I'd gladly take more modest efforts like Body Count, Aerobicide, and Honeymoon Horror. :p

Primarily, what I'd like to see from SF is gritty, campy, scary horror of 70's or 80's vintage. Will whoever's sitting on C.H.U.D., Link, Ghost Story, Anthropophagus, The Manitou, Embryo, Blood and Lace, Alice, Sweet Alice, It's Alive, etc. please stand up? ;)

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Yes, tons of good ones that are still MIA. Hide & Go Shriek, House Of Death, Shallow Grave, etc. Unfortunately, I don't think there's much of a demand because these are so niche.

Also, wasn't there something about them being underwhelmed with the sales on Death Valley, The Horror Show, X-Ray / Schizoid, etc? I seem to remember around the time of Slumber Party Massacre, they were saying the lesser known slashers didn't sell so great, so they were considering heading in a different direction. Based on the "Collections count" on blu-ray.com, The Final Terror, Final Exam, and Crawlspace fit into that camp as well.

3. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Well-Known Member

Ghoulies was shot in Rome, Italy. I wonder where it is that looks the same?....

4. Kim Bruun

Man, that's depressing if it's true. :( I hope they won't abandon the genre completely. At least the relatively obscure slashers still seem to figure in more collections than the new stuff SF occasionally releases (The Battery, Beneath, Dead Shadows).

5. Buechlers_beard

Me too. Both are favourites of mine. It'd be nice if SF were to get the R rated footage from part 2, which MGM transferred to HD but never used on their MGMHD channel.

The missing footage for the original Ghoulies. I very much doubt anyone has that except Band himself.

6. CPT HOOK

It was filmed at Wattles Mansion in Hollywood, a very short distance northeast of the Elm Street / Halloween houses.

The front area is a public park and is completely open to the public. The house is locked though, and the gardens out back are off limits.

Here's a picture I snapped of the mansion back in February, if you watch the film again you'll see it's the same.

[​IMG]

7. Buechlers_beard

Fuck! And I thought I knew it all lol! I can only guess that the exteriors of the mansion were shot seperately. Very cool to know! Thanks dude!!!

8. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

I don't know how much can be gleened from blu-ray.com's collection count. Plenty of Scream Factory's releases have collection numbers similiar to the lesser slashers. After a quick glance I'd start to worry that creature flicks are in danger. DEADLY EYES isn't doing much and THE BEAST WITHIN's collection numbers aren't much either.

9. CPT HOOK

According to this link, they shot interiors there too. But it's entirely possible they did some studio stuff in Italy, not sure?

10. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Those of us who love slashers will probably have to wait for Vinegar Syndrome and Slasher//Video to step up. Every Shout announcement illicits a "no, not that, why???" groan from me.

11. Buechlers_beard

Well that I didn't know! Looks legit to me! I would have put money on Italy too. Haha!

12. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

Its nice to see someone else say this. It seems like 9 times out of 10 Scream Factory's annoucements leave me completely cold but that 1 out of 10 is usually a film I'm on my knees begging for (e.g. X-RAY, SATURN 3, THE BURNING, LIFEFORCE, NINJA 3 and SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE).

GHOULIES, wtf?

13. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

Is it possible to get free shipping on Shout's current sale discs? The prices look pretty good if free shipping is available. If it isn't I'll pass.

UPDATE. If you order 2 or more from either group of sale discs you get free shipping when you checkout. I grabbed Nosferatu The Vampyre, The Funhouse, Prince of Darkness, and Psycho II.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  14. gobad2003

gobad2003 Well-Known Member

I think you just have to buy 2 or more to get the free shipping. I plan on getting a couple myself.:evil:

15. Kim Bruun

Of course, there is also the UK-based 88 Films, which has made a big slasher splash with no fewer than seven slashers announced on blu and one on DVD in an all new slasher line.

But yeah, you took the words right out of my mouth...

16. rift

rift New Member

I find it odd that anyone on their knees begging for Ninja 3 could wtf Ghoulies

...not that there's anything wrong with Ninja 3

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  17. Jack_Burton

Jack_Burton New Member

Huh. I'm happy about the announcements so far. Whisper to a Scream or The Offspring as I knew it and Ghoulies 1 &2 are must buys for me.

*shrugs*

18. Getmoredvdsout

Getmoredvdsout New Member

Will be buying both new announcements but sign me up for more slashers as well!

So many unreleased slashers. Real shame.

19. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I don't know man. The first Ghoulies is solid, and I genuinely love the sequel. I think it's great, fun movie. I would buy Blus.

20. gobad2003

gobad2003 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm sold, Sure it's not the most awesome release but I'll continue to support them so we get that 1 in 10 release that is amazing.;)