Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Tis sad yes.

With that here's a Scream Factory Facebook post:

"
    **FEAR & FUN IN FEBRUARY!**

Pre-order links for all of our February retro titles are now live on our site at www.screamfactorydvd.com which includes:

- LOVE AT FIRST BITE & ONCE BITTEN Blu-ray double feature. (Streets 2/10 nationwide but ships two weeks early when you order directly through us.) No extras announced at this time but we can confirm now that LOVE AT FIRST BITE has the reinstated Alicia Bridges song "I Love the Nightlife", which was left off the prior DVD release! Order at https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/film-comedy/love-at-first-bite-once-bitten-double-feature

- VAMPIRE'S KISS & HIGH SPIRITS Blu-ray double feature (Streets 2/10 nationwide but ships two weeks early when you order directly through us.) No extras announced at this time. Order at https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/film-comedy/vampire-s-kiss-high-spirits-double-feature

- FROM A WHISPER TO A SCREAM Blu-ray (Streets 2/17) No extras announced at this time. Order at https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/action-adventure/from-a-whisper-to-a-scream

- NEW YEAR’S EVIL Blu-ray (Streets 2/24 nationwide but ships two weeks early when you order directly through us). No extras announced at this time. Order at https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/film-horror/new-year-s-evil"

UPDATE: And a new title announcement!:

**NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT**

"Get ready for us to unleash terror in the new year. The newly-acquired ANIMAL will attack both on DVD & Blu-ray on 2/17/15.

This terrifying 2014 horror film about a blood-thirsty predator in the woods stars Joey Lauren Adams (Dazed and Confused, Chasing Amy) and comes courtesy of Executive Producers Drew Barrymore (yes, that Drew Barrymore) and Nancy Juvoven. It recently premiered in October to huge ratings on Chiller TV and was the network’s highest-rated original movie ever to date. Check out the widely-seen trailer at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5oqL27Wgxs

Extras will be announced by the end of the year. You can pre-order ANIMAL now at https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/film-horror/animal"

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  2. Nailwraps

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Animal is good fun, I'll definitely be picking that up. Only other Chiller release I've bought is Beneath, so this will be my second.

4. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Funny, "Animals" gets extras (to be announced) but the retro titles don't, at least nothing yet. Seems like Shout is more excited about the Chiller stuff.

5. Drinkinstein

Drinkinstein Member

Or maybe it's just easier to get in touch with people who worked on a film THIS year as opposed to 20-30 years ago?

6. Nailwraps

7. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Same here. I loved the monster in Animal. Awesome old school man in a suit.

Enjoyed Beneath and will definitely buy Animal.

8. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

9. CPT HOOK

Beneath was all practical effects too. Both movies are great little creature features. I hope people aren't brushing these off just because they're new releases / Chiller titles. If so, they're really missing out. These are nothing at all like the SyFy Channel CGI fests we've grown accustomed to.

10. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Sweet, Takashi Miike!

I lost track of him, I really need to get back on the rails.

11. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

12. thing

thing Well-Known Member

13. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

looks like another pre-order i'll be cancelling. i don't plan on paying $20 for 30 minutes worth of new interviews.

14. Nailwraps

15. CPT HOOK

Sounds like a lot of people who ordered UHF from smaller labels are receiving some movie called El Desierto, due to some error with the UPC. Anyone here have this problem?

I haven't received mine yet, but I ordered from Family Video, so I'm guessing it'll be wrong.

16. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I tried warning people about that based on the UPC screw-ups, but people wanted to chance it to save a couple of bucks. I knew it was almost certainly likely, since the UPCs are registered for a specific product.

Perhaps some retailers will catch it based on the movie title, and know that "El Desierto" isn't what people wanted or ordered. I'd count those people lucky then.

17. CPT HOOK

I ordered mine for $8.99 from Family Video, figuring it was a pricing error. Family Video even chimed in at the blu-ray.com forums to address the issue:

Figured I was safe after reading that, but sounds like most who ordered from FV are getting that other movie.

18. CPT HOOK

I received my Family Video order today, and it was the wrong movie. Some Spanish zombie movie called El Desierto. I'm not even sure it's a US release, as all of the text on the case is in Spanish.

However, I did get an automatic e-mail from Family Video yesterday saying that they had accidentally shipped the wrong movie, and that the UHF blu-ray will be shipped as soon as possible along with a pre-paid envelope to return the wrong DVD, and even threw in a $2 off coupon for my next order.

Even though they made a goof, I have to say I'm very impressed with their customer service, honoring the $8.99 price and not even making the customers print up their own return label. I didn't even have to contact them.

19. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I ordered it from BN.com along with a bunch of other Shout movies. I would have canceled my orders but BN does not allow you too. Either you refuse deliverly or pay to have it shipped back.

First they shipped The Compleat Al DVD, but it was To The Ends Of The Earth instead.

I was going to return it in store when they shipped The Compleat Al AGAIN (without my prompting) along with Dolls Blu-ray and UHF Blu-ray. So I held off.

Before I received any of the three in the mail I got another e-mail from BN.com that my order was "DELAYED."

I still got a box delivered but all three were the wrong items. I'm going to exchange them in store, people have reported success with that. There's a 14 day limit so I'm not sitting around hoping that whatever they do with the DELAY will fix it.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  20. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It's interesting that UHF has uncompressed PCM audio for both the main track and commentary. I can't recall any Shout Blu-rays not using DTS HD Master Audio in a very long time.

The Blu-ray looks pretty good though. I received mine yesterday from ImportCDs off their 10% sale.