Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Yeah that's pretty ugly. Not a big fan of the film anyways.

And I finally got to put my order in for Ghosthouse/Witchery :banana:

2. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

It's still better than a bunch of floating heads, but I'll still probably flip it around once I get it.

3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Yea I remember finding this one pretty boring when I saw it in my teens.

4. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

yeah, we should be grateful its not a giant picture of bill pullman's face.

5. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

The Decline of Western Civilization box set is the shit. Worth every penny. I'd almost be willing to say that if it was just the first film, but the fact that it's all three, in such a loaded special edition? Amazing.

6. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I like that cover art. For me it's nice to see different images from the standard U.S. one sheet. The Japanese one sheet isn't as good as the blu-ray cover.

7. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I kinda dig the new cover art - pretty rainbow colours, a snake, and a mummy. It's all good. :) But then, I never really cared for the theatrical release poster. It always looked kinda cheap to me...

[​IMG]

In any event, I'm looking forward to this release. It's one of the better Voodoo thrillers. Does anyone own the region B Blu-ray?

8. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

Yeah, the first film is the only one i'm really interested in. Hopefully they release these individually....if not, I'll just wait for a price drop on the set.

More FEAR? Yes please.

9. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Oh, I'm so glad to see this! The price is still slightly prohibitive (that Arrow sale kinda killed me and the Criterion sale is coming up) but I may just pull out a credit card and deal with the interest.

10. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Yeah, but if you get the set, you get the thick-ass booklet that comes with it, along with the bonus disc. I'm far from a heavy metal fan, but I'm actually looking forward to watching the second movie. As a music fan in general, I just like rock-n-roll documentaries. Probably mentioned it already in this thread, but I even enjoyed the Quiet Riot doc that was on Showtime a few months ago. And god that band sucked.

Haven't watched the bonus Fear footage, but I watched the Germs clips. Just as unintelligible as the songs in the movie. Those bands were the "mid-tier" bands of the movies for me, with X, Black Flag, and the Circle Jerks at the top, Catholic Discipline and Alice Bag Band at the bottom. I'd really like to see more of Black Flag, as the Ron Reyes era has very little film/tape records. Plenty of Rollins, but the Reyes era is pretty much limited to Decline, and the Jealous Again EP. That's it.

11. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Feels like the boa constrictor was photoshopped in, looks weird.

12. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

13. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

14. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

15. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

16. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

I like the new artwork for Serpent and the Rainbow a lot more than the theatrical. This may be the only Scream Factory disc that I don't reverse.

17. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Mega update from Scream on Facebook (AOD now 3 discs!!!!!):

"**MEGA UPDATE…AND A NEW TITLE ANNOUNCE**

Good morning everyone! It’s been some time since we announced a whole slew of titles way back in early July so we felt it was about time to give you an update on some of them (and others not in that list) plus also reveal another obscure 80s thriller we have lined up for you:

WHITE OF THE EYE – From the Director of Demon Seed, this 1987 thriller will be coming to DVD & Blu-ray for the first time this November. The film Stars David Keith (Firestarter, An Officer and a Gentleman), Cathy Moriarty (Raging Bull) and Alan Rosenberg (The Guardian). Expect pre-order links and a confirmed street date to go up sometime in the next two weeks. The artwork you see here is reversible (with the one on the left being newly-commissioned).

ELI ROTH’S THE STRANGER (10/1), THE RETURN OF COUNT YORGA (10/13), THE LARRY FESSENDEN COLLECTION (10/20), TALES FROM THE CRYPT: DEMON KNIGHT & BORDELLO OF BLOOD (10/20), HUMAN CENTIPEDE III (10/27), HUMAN CENTIPEDE: THE COMPLETE SEQUENCE (10/27) and ARMY OF DARKNESS (10/27) – Full list of extras will formally announced in early Sept. We’ll leave you with a tease though: ARMY is now a 3-disc Blu-ray set.

DEATH BECOMES HER – Originally planned for November its now been moved to the early half of 2016 but for good reasons! We’ll keep our fingers crossed and explain later on this year.

TROLL & TROLL 2 double feature on Blu-ray is now planned for a 11/17 release. Extras are in the works and pre-order links will be going up by end of the month.

BLOOD & LACE – This long-lost slasher film from 1971 finally releases on a DVD & Blu-ray combo on 11/24 and a new HD transfer for it is completed! Pre-order links will be going up by end of the month.

GHOST STORY – Circle 11/24 on your calendars for this spooky and winter-filled tale of revenge. Extras are in progress but we have a fantastic one already produced and will share at a later date. Pre-order links will be going up by end of the month.

THE CAR – We’re aiming to park this in December. Heads up: For some strange legal reason we are not able to use the original theatrical or international poster art on our release and so a newly-designed piece has been created. Once that’s officially approved, we’ll share it with you and confirm a street date.

WOMEN’S PRISON MASSACRE, GARBAGE PAIL KIDS and NIGHTMARES – All blu-rays are expected for Dec. No other details to report at this time.

JACK’S BACK & THE GUARDIAN – Prepare to start off the new year with fear. Currently both releases are scheduled for Jan.

No movement yet on a release date yet for DESTROYER (sorry!). We are still have issues with retrieving suitable film elements.

THE SERPENT AND THE RAINBOW is now looking to strike in Feb or March 2016.

BTW - We do have more titles to announce before the year ends and will reveal them before the end of Sept. We’ll disclose more titles planned for 2016 in October.
    There you have it! Keep in mind that dates and strategy are always subject to change smile emoticon"

18. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Very excited about the prospect of 'The Car' on Blu-Ray.

19. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I love the movie, but already own the Arrow blu, but I'm VERY excited about Ghost Story, Serpent and the Rainbow, and Blood and Lace. Scream Factory are to be commended for BaL in particular - it is more obscure than most of their titles, which is undeserved. It is an excellent little piece of sleazy grindhouse horror. :)

20. delicreep

delicreep Well-Known Member

I am also especially excited about Blood and Lace. It has never had a legit video release in the US--or anywhere else, if I remember correctly. I was about to pull the trigger on the Midnight Video version years ago, but then they stopped selling grey market vids and went legit (albeit very, very briefly).