Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

2. zbinks

3. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I've been holding out for Matinee on Blu-ray forever. Kinda funny they credit John Landis's Into the Night before it, then call it John Goodman's Matinee not Joe Dante's. :p Still, Dante's seemingly pretty bored so I expect him to do some more with Matinee which would be great!

I'm intrigued by Eye of the Cat if it's indeed the 1969 one. Never heard of it. Come to think of it, it's interesting that Shadow of the Cat hasn't been optioned from Universal too... I wonder if another Hammer run from Universal is in order?

4. zbinks

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFact...4939.103961936407493/1031196943683983/?type=3

Katatonia, buck135 and Nailwraps like this.
  5. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

And now, a message about Hell Night via Facebook:

"Due to some unexpected early retailer pre-order links the word is out that we are the distributor on the blu-ray release of the 1981 horror film HELL NIGHT star...ring Linda Blair. It is true that we are in talks on the project but we have not made a formal announcement because we are still are in active discussions on the property. Please be assured that you will be the first to know if we are able to work out all the details. We love the film and want nothing more than to do it justice if we can. Till then, stay tuned..."

Workshed and Zombie Dude like this.
  6. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Of course I'll be getting silent night deadly night. But I was thinking we would of gotten a 6 film set through vestron line.

7. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I thought there were only 5?

8. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Of course Drag Me to Hell is getting a special edition. I just bought the original blu-ray. Alison Lohman is a terrific actress and exceptionally beautiful. She reminds me of Amy Adams. Her co-star isn't convincing and negativily impacts the film imo.

The Strangers is a wonderful film. If the extras are worth it, I'll double dip on that as well.

m@ggot likes this.
  9. zbinks

He's including the quasi-remake, Silent Night.

10. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Maybe he's counting the remake?

11. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Silent Night Deadly Night is appealing. I'll likely grab that one. I held off on the Anchor Bay release as I heard bad things so I'm sure this release should rectify that.

12. zompirejoe

zompirejoe Active Member

Silent Night Deadly Night and American Gothic are definite purchases for me. Darkman 2 and 3 should be a double feature, and the rest of the announcements are kind of bland. I was definitely hoping for an official announcement on Hell Night, but that's not even a sure thing. Remember when they were going to release Werewolf the TV series ? I can't get excited about stuff that is already available on blu anymore. Anyone else feel the same way ?

satans-sadists likes this.
  13. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Active Member

Looking forward to The Strangers, American Gothic, and Silent Night Deadly Night. I will also grab Hell Night whenever it comes out.

m@ggot likes this.
  14. cgay2

cgay2 Member

Damn what a lame list, Nothing rare this time. Silent Night is okay but can care less seen it released a lot over the years. American Gothic fun but I had no issue with the dvd so I will pass.

15. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I too feel the same way. Last night's announcements were pretty underwhelming. I swear the SDCC Friday Night Scream Factory panel gets overhyped every year. I personally get more satisfaction & excitement out of Scream Factory's random single announcements throughout the year. Not all of them, mind you - but there have been many. Blu-ray re-releases are a tiring trend from Scream Factory. More new to Blu-ray titles would perk up the masses. I would also love to see more retro made for television horror. So much that hasn't been approached.

All that said, I am in for Silent Night Deadly Night & American Gothic. Maybe another title as well, just nothing that excites me at all.

zompirejoe, zbinks and Hatchetwarrior like this.
  16. Hatchetwarrior

Hatchetwarrior Well-Known Member

This is the reason why I had my expectations in check this year. Although "Misery" will be a day one purchase for me, I'm way more excited for the release of "Poughkeepsie Tapes" than anything they announced at SDCC.

17. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

18. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

I was a little disappointed with the announcements - mostly because someone, somewhere claimed The Seduction was coming and I thought that would be announced. I guess it still could come but I'd be more excited about that than the Darkman sequels or Attack of the Puppet People. And I'm not sure what the logic is not releasing Matinee under the Scream Factory banner but I'm sure there are reasons.

But it's good to see obscure titles like American Gothic and Eye of the Cat (never even heard of that one!) getting released. And here's hoping this will be the definitive release of Silent Night, Deadly Night. Would be awesome if they could get Robert Brian Wilson for commentary! Definitely in for Misery and Drag Me To Hell and probably The Strangers as well. I haven't upgraded any of those from DVD. I'll skip the Darkmans and Cyborg and probably Puppet People. That's more titles I'm interested in than not so my initial disappointment was short-lived.

19. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

20. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Vinegar Syndrome would have been a better company to handle The Seduction imho.

chancetx likes this.