Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Copyboy

Copyboy Member

I met Linda Blair back in the '90s at a haunted hayride. The only picture they had available was this godawful shot from The Exorcist that I don't even think was really her because her head was on backwards. To make it worse, she was masturbating with the cross in the photo! WTF?!?! I asked her assistant if they had a NICE picture of her and she snapped at me, "NO! That's all we have!" When I finally got to talk to her and ask her to sign it for me, she was an absolute sweetheart. I figured she must have been sick of talking about The Exorcist so I told her how I had seen Wild Horse Hank on TV when I was a kid and loved it. I mentioned one horrible scene where she had to shoot her horse and told her how it stuck with me and I had never forgotten it. Her whole face lit up and she said, "Thank you SO much!" Sometimes you just have to make a little effort to bring something new to the table and these people will really open up and appreciate it.

Of course, this isn't always the case. Danielle Harris seemed completely annoyed with me when I told her how I loved Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead. She didn't have any pictures from it and signed a photo from one of her Halloween movies with a signature that looked like a bunch of loops. I threw it away. I still love DTMTBD but have no use for Danielle or any of her shitty Halloween movies.

satans-sadists likes this.
  2. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

iam as nice as they come,, its all hit or miss. maybe that was a bad question,, I met leo rossi from Halloween II at chiller, and he was so down to earth and cool as can be. another one was david naughtan, from werewolf in London.. Tom atkins was really cool the one year I met him and the next time was really annoyed and really didn't seem like he wanted to be bothered at all. all hit or miss.

3. ronnie21

Funny story. I saw betsy palmer actually chase some guy andhis friend for taking a picture of her while walking past her table. here's this little old frail lady chasing down these dudes in their 20's and they did stop and she went into this whole explanation about how you cant take a picture of me without paying me. and they ended up walking away from her laughing and she was super pissed..

4. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Yeah, Linda Blair was a sweetheart when she signed my Exorcist and Hell Night DVDs. I originally only had her sign The Exorcist because she was charging for autographs (this was before autograph fees became the norm at conventions). I later on realized I wanted her signature on Hell Night too so I went back. She was nice both times, and gushed about how good a movie Hell Night was, even without me prompting her to talk about it.

I'm bummed about the delay, but I can wait. This was my most wanted Blu-Ray title, so one more month won't kill me. I even had it on my Criterion list as "most wanted in the collection" that you can do if you have an account in the "My Criterion" section on their website. I'm sure it means two things, jack and shit (and we all know where Jack is) to list a movie there but it certainly can't hurt. With Shout's disc imminent, I changed that selection (most wanted Criterion) to Urgh! A Music War.

russweiss and Angelman like this.
  5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I've never met Blair, but I did stop by Kimberly Crest and wandered the grounds of Garth Manor on my way from Los Angeles to Vegas. I hope they do a location featurette on the new Blu-ray.

6. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Katatonia likes this.
  7. ronnie21

ok, question, I pre ordered from shout, so when would we get it??

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Pre-ordered what and when? The Paul Naschy volume 2 set? I already received it over a week ago from them. If you pre-ordered it in advance, you should get it at least 2 weeks earlier than the release date.

9. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Hell Night? Doesn't Shout continually say that all pre-orders always ship a couple weeks prior to release date? I've never pre-ordered anything from them but this is pretty standard knowledge.

That being said, might pre-order Hell Night. This is one of my most wanted horror titles and I don't wanna wait till 2018.

~Matt

10. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    In early 1981, Showtime did a thing (an in-between movies short special) on The Exorcist and they had an interview with Linda and she was in her Hell Night costume. I remember her voice was really hoarse. She was, of course, talking about her role as Regan. I loved that they caught her during the filming of Hell Night. As she's talking, they cut to her current project - she is on a set mock up of the top of Garth Manor (it's obviously a studio set). The wind machines are going and she's doing the scene where she's trying to climb down the rope ladder. I had completely forgotten that until, later that year, I'm sitting at the cinema watching the movie. Talk about deja vu! ha. I wish someone had preserved that. I scour youtube often for it.

11. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Hopefully Shout finds it and puts it on the blu-ray because that sounds fucking cool.

~Matt

12. ronnie21

wow, that is cool, cable was so cool for that type of stuff. I remember in 1983 on the movie channel did a piece on tobe hopper when poltergeist was making its cable debut and they mentioned that he was currently working on this lastest project, it was a sequel to texas chainsaw massacre to be filmed in 3-D.. now we all know that never happened.. ha ha

13. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  14. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I actually bought Drag Me to Hell a few weeks ago. I'd seen it before and thought I liked it but after watching it again I can say I don't really care for it at all. I found the lead very annoying and most of the supporting characters were meh.

Anthropophagus likes this.
  15. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

16. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

My exact same reaction.
    Thought it was pretty decent on first watch, but on repeated viewings it got very boring and annoying fast.
    I can live without ever seeing it again.

x666x and Zombie Dude like this.
  17. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

fceurich39 and Natas like this.
  18. Natas

Natas ....on the warm side of the dooooooor

Fuck yes. Just hearing that intro music........

[​IMG]

19. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

20. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

fceurich39 and satans-sadists like this.