Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

The 'Burbs is here:

BURBS.JPG

Nailwraps, Workshed and fceurich39 like this.
  2. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

3. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Took me a few seconds to realize it was Shout that released the first Blu-ray. If I buy this, which I'm sure I''ll cave, it will be my first double dip from a same company. And first ever double dip Blu-ray.

Like the cover art.

Also:
    "Although we knew the film had a vocal following when we released it 2013 we didn’t quite know what to expect or how big it would be. The sales numbers surprised us and it over-performed.

What’s always bugged us though was that our release was a little on the “barebones” side, save for a commentary. Today, we correct that. We are re-releasing NINJA III again on June 12th as a “Collector’s Edition” Blu-ray with a serious upgrade in picture and extras."

I know it's not gonna happen, but you would think they would offer people that bought the first release some sort of a discount to be used towards the second release. As they clearly stated, they always were bothered that the release was bare bones and this new release corrects everything. They are admitting they screwed up. Regardless, there's no way I'm spending over $15 for this double dip. I suggest everyone else to do the same. $24.99..... yeah I got your $24.99 right here.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  4. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Let's hope The Horror Show is one of them!

5. CPT HOOK

The Arrow disc is region free. At least the one in the box set was. Great disc!

Also, this looks like ten tons of awesome:

[​IMG]

Street date June 26th

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    gobad2003 and zbinks like this.
  6. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to getting The Strangers collector's edition tomorrow!

buck135 likes this.
  7. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Isn't the UK arrow release region free? It contains both the R and uncut edition.

Nailwraps and gobad2003 like this.
  8. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

9. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

10. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

**NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT**

“Easter bunnies” are hopping into Scream Factory this Summer! The giant-rabbits-on-the-loose 1972 cult classic NIGHT OF THE LEPUS is making its Blu-ray format debut on June 5th in our second of announcements today.

A hormone intended to alter the breeding cycle of rabbits overrunning Arizona ranchlands instead turns them into flesh-eating, 150-pound monsters in Night of the Lepus! Stuart Whitman (Eaten Alive), Janet Leigh (Psycho), Rory Calhoun (Motel Hell) and DeForest Kelley (Star Trek) are among the intrepid humans facing off against the behemoth bunnies, using guns, flames, dynamite and anything else in their grasp to battle their oversized, hungry tormentors.

Extras are in progress and will be announced at a later date. Pre-order now NIGHT OF THE LEPUS @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/night-of-the-lepus… to receive early shipping.

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFact...961936407493/1165265373610472/?type=3&theater

11. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

We are now taking pre-orders for our upcoming release of the 1985 sci-fi /horror film ALIEN PREDATORS (also known as The Falling), which makes its Blu-ray format debut in the U.S. & Canada on June 19th!

Three American teens on a European holiday are about to experience their worst nightmare. They are about to be trapped in a quaint Spanish town infested with a parasitic alien virus that drives the local townspeople insane and turns them into horrible mutants! The three teens must run for their lives ... but is there really anywhere to hide? This chilling sci-fi film stars Dennis Christopher (Breaking Away, Fade To Black), Martin Hewitt (Endless Love, Two Moon Junction) and Lynn-Holly Johnson (Ice Castles, For Your Eyes Only).

Extras are in progress and will be announced at a later date. Pre-order now ALIEN PREDATORS @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/alien-predators… to receive early shipping.

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFact...961936407493/1165267050276971/?type=3&theater

12. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Our June slate is a little on the lighter side (trust us, we’ll be more than making up for it before the year is through) but we do have a few fun new-to-Blu titles to announce today. First off is our very first Val Lewton-directed film: 1944’s THE CURSE OF THE CAT PEOPLE!

Filled with "wonderful atmosphere [and] fine, moody fantasy" (Leonard Maltin), this continuation of 1942's Cat People follows Oliver Reed (Kent Smith), now remarried, living in idyllic Tarrytown, New York, and the father of six-year-old Amy. When Amy becomes withdrawn and speaks of consorting with a new "friend," Oliver worries that she may be under the influence of the spirit of his first wife. Is it just Amy's imagination that has manifested the enigmatic Irena (Simone Simon), who long believed herself to be descended from a race of Cat People?

Directors Gunther V. Fritsch and Robert Wise (making his directorial debut), co-helmed a gothic-laced mix of fantasy and fright so astute it was used in college psychology classes. And producer Val Lewton, given small budgets and lurid, pre-tested film titles by RKO, worked with rising filmmakers to emphasize the fear of the unseen, and turn meager resources into momentous works of psychological terror.

Extras are in progress and will be announced at a later date. Pre-order now THE CURSE OF THE CAT PEOPLE @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/p…/the-curse-of-the-cat-people… to receive early shipping.

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFact...961936407493/1165264253610584/?type=3&theater

Workshed and wago70 like this.
  13. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

14. CPT HOOK

Although I love the cast, I remember Alien Predators (or The Falling, as I saw it) being really boring. It's just the three leads driving around for the entire movie.

Can't say that Night Of The Lepus is the most exciting movie ever either. If they were digging a killer animal movie out of the Warner vaults, I'd rather have The Pack.

15. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    CURSE OF THE CAT PEOPLE is in my Top 5 All Time Favorite movies. I wish Shout would do an exclusive poster. I can't wait to see the extras.

Workshed and satans-sadists like this.
  16. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Ha! Lot of driving in that film.

17. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Most surprising, as up till now Criterion has made the most headway in licensing from Warner and already released Cat People so the Val Lewton's have long be suspected as upcoming from Criterion.

While Cat People is more well known and respected, Curse is easily the superior film with its heart wrenching plot. Will be great the make a HD double feature of these.

And Night of the Lepus is goofy fun. I'll be picking that up too. And maybe now we'll get The Thing From Another World and The Fearless Vampire Killers which Warners is officially reluctant to release themselves (because the uncut Thing footage is in bad shape and Polanski is a pedo). While Shout couldn't care less about either, bless'em. ;)

Workshed and satans-sadists like this.
  18. Nailwraps

19. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

Oh man, Curse of the Cat People. Such a gem.

satans-sadists likes this.
  20. Nailwraps

Extras for Shout! Select's Wild at Heart release is up:

"- NEW Interview With Novelist Barry Gifford
    - 76 Minutes Of Extended And Deleted Scenes
    - Love, Death, Elvis And Oz: The Making Of Wild At Heart
    - Dell's Lunch Counter: Extended Interviews
    - Specific Spontaneity: Focus On David Lynch
    - Lynch On The DVD Process
    - Original 1990 Making Of EPK
    - Original Theatrical Trailer
    - TV Spots"

So with the exception of the Isolated Music and Effects Track and the Motion Gallery, all the Twilight Time extras have been ported over.

Workshed likes this.