Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I received Trick r' Treat damaged (and late) from them too... and they still have never responded to 2 email messages about getting a replacement Slipcover.

Whoever packed the box got the Slipcover stuck under the bottom box flap, so it arrived a big pressed crease down the entire vertical middle length of the front Slipcover.

I'm just pretty pissed off at Shout Factory at this point.

Dobby likes this.
  2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I contacted them yesterday asking about a replacement disc for Trick 'r Treat, as the hub of the disc was all scratched up. Appears to be a widespread issue with most copies out there. They got back to me almost right away, and let me know I should have a replacement disc by Friday in plenty of time before Halloween. I was impressed with how fast they replied.

Still waiting on Night Of The Demons to ship though. I don't mind it being a little late, I just need it before Halloween. Although I'm having a suspicion I won't get mine until after. I do own the previous Scream Factory blu-ray though, so I guess I don't exactly NEED it... but it'd be nice!

It's crazy that retailers are getting product before the company itself! The holdup has to be the doll and the lithograph, not the pressing plant like they keep claiming.

3. Rocker10

Rocker10 Well-Known Member

I don't order from Shout directly much, but their prices are getting downright shitty. Been holding off on titles because of it. I'm not afraid to spend some cash where I feel it is warranted i.e. the recent Suspiria from Synapse, but it seems Shout thinks are there stuff warrants a ridiculous price anymore.

~Rocker10

4. CPT HOOK

Yeah, they seem to want full SRP these days, which none of their product is really worth. I'm hearing that the 5.1 audio on Creepshow is screwed up, so there's another replacement disc.

5. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

My copy of Creepshow arrived from Amazon completely smashed yesterday, I live a 30 min drive from the distribution center. It was shipped in a crappy bubble mailer so that’s obviously why. My replacement was shipped today and for some reason it’s shipping out of Vancouver. That’s on the complete opposite end of the country. I expect this one to arrive completely fucked up too. My steelbook of Night of the Demons also just shipped today from Amazon...from Vancouver as well. If they’re sending a steelbook in a bubble mailer I expect this one to get damaged as well.

I have prime and sometimes it’s great but honestly I really fucking hate Amazon sometimes. Why do they package their products in such terrible packaging? I’m just gonna return this shit and they’re gonna keep losing money. It doesn’t make sense to me. Package them well to begin with and they wouldn’t have as many returns. The lady on the phone even said they get lots of returns for this exact reason: crappy packaging. Maybe it’s time to make some changes in the shipping dept!!?? Fucking idiots.

~Matt

Buechlers_beard likes this.
  6. thing

thing Well-Known Member

7. m@ggot

m@ggot Active Member

Ewwwwww! That sucks donkey dong...I guess you can't win either way...I ordered directly from Shout! and still received a bubble mailer...I should consider myself lucky my slipcover only received a slight ding...In other news, my "Night of the Demons" Shout! package has shipped...hopefully, the figure, steelbook, and poster arrive unscathed...fingers crossed...

Matt89 likes this.
  8. m@ggot

m@ggot Active Member

Quel surprise...."Valley Girl" arrived today...not exactly Halloween viewing, but GOOD TIMES (as Jeri Blank would say) until "Night of the Demons" shows...

9. Katatonia

Mine arrived yesterday also. Night of the Demons also finally got a shipment notification email yesterday, but the tracking number is still in "Pre-Shipment"

Dobby likes this.
  10. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Yeah my Night of the Demons steelbook and Creepshow replacement arrived yesterday, shocked that they weren't damaged. There's a spine slash on my Demons steelbook but it's barely noticeable and you can't see it when it's on the shelf so whatever lol. I also can't be bothered with another return.

But wow Night of the Demons looks incredible. This was likely a 4K o-neg scan like they claim on the back, unlike Halloween II. There's such clarity to the image and the grain is beautifully resolved. Colours pop, shadow detail is improved. This is a solid upgrade from the previous disc, which actually looks pretty soft in comparison.

~Matt

gobad2003 likes this.
  11. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

My copies of Valley Girl with poster and Creepshow with posters arrived yesterday. I see what people are saying about the Creepshow posters that they look like someone rushed to get these in the tube, I got a couple of crinkles on the end of my posters but not as bad as some people. But on the other had the movie is mint thank god considering it moves all around in that big box :eek:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    wago70 likes this.
  12. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Creepshow arrived - the box was in perfect condition so I was stoked and relieved because I was fearing the worst. Then I see the posters INSIDE the undamaged tube were just dented to high heaven on both sides. *sigh* they looked so good but when both ends are crushed by the person packing and not in transit it's super annoying.

Zombie Dude and gobad2003 like this.
  13. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Man there's a Scream Factory collector group on Facebook and almost everyone is reporting damaged posters. Scream really created a clusterfuck for themselves. What I don't understand is why the posters had to be rush packed. Considering the manufacturing delays for the actual Bluray they should have had even more time to roll them and have them ready for shipment. I guess storing 2000 rolled posters would be challenging but it could have saved them a huge PR and customer service nightmare.

Angelman likes this.
  14. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

15. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Part of the problem is that, rather than placing caps at the ends of the tube, their distribution center folds the ends, inwards. The edges of the posters and lithographs are getting caught and wrinkled in the folds.

16. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

17. CPT HOOK

I received a shipping confirmation for Night Of The Demons direct from Scream Factory on 10/25, but when I went to check the tracking today, it just says LABEL CREATED. It hasn't even made it to the post office yet! So much for getting this before Halloween.

In other news, I did receive my Trick 'r Treat replacement disc today.

fceurich39 likes this.
  18. Katatonia

Mine shipment of Night of the Demons says the same thing, just "Pre-Shipment" and "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item"

They still haven't even responded to me about the Trick 'r Treat Slipcover damage.

19. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

My Night of the Demons steelbook arrived yesterday in a huge box. Unfortunately the way the poster was packed (pinch end tube) it was still damaged on the ends. The Angela doll is quite cool.

20. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFact...Pn4kocKmKWVBabifbwaJxREcfuzkl3LLNRK&__tn__=-R

othervoice1 likes this.