Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

2. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

3. rhett

rhett Administrator

Pretty noticeable improvements for the first two, which are really the only ones that matter anyway. Three and four are neglible upgrades in comparison, I wish there was a way to delete the fourth one from existence.

Workshed and Katatonia like this.
  4. Nailwraps

Extras for Plague Dogs:

"NEW Interview With Writer/Producer/Director Martin Rosen
    • Includes Both The Theatrical Cut And Extended Cut Of The Film
    • Extended Cut Footage Was Scanned In 2K From Archival Print"

5. Nailwraps

6. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

7. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

**NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT**

Happy New Year everyone! Starting 2019 on a high note: THE LEGEND OF THE 7 GOLDEN VAMPIRES - a highly-requested title from the Hammer Films catalog - kicks its way onto Blu-ray April 9th!

Professor Van Helsing (Peter Cushing) and Count Dracula (John Forbes-Robinson) meet again in this spectacular kung fu horror thriller set in the village of Ping Kuei. After learning about the seven golden vampires of the village, Hsi Ching (David Chiang), Vanessa Buren (Julie Ege) and Mai Kwei (Szu Shih) offer to guide Van Helsing and his son to Ping Kuei to free it from the curse of Count Dracula. Throughout their journey, the group encounters several unwanted attackers until they arrive at the golden vampires' derelict temple, inhabited by Count Dracula. In the temple, Van Helsing and the count begin a fearsome battle to the death – an ultimate clash between good and evil!

Extras are in progress and will be announced on a later date. The big news to confirm today though is that we will be presenting two cuts of the films -- Hammer's original uncut version and its edited US version called The 7 Brothers Meet Dracula!

Pre-order THE LEGEND OF THE 7 GOLDEN VAMPIRES now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/the-legend-of-the-7-golden-v…

[​IMG]

Katatonia, russweiss and MorallySound like this.
  8. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

**Update on VALENTINE (Collector’s Edition)**

Roses are Red. Violets are Blue. Sweet extras you’ll find on this slasher film for you!

• NEW 2K scan of the original film elements supervised and approved by director Jamie Blanks and director of photography Rick Bota
    • NEW Audio Commentary with director Jamie Blanks and filmmaker Don Coscarelli, moderated by author Peter Bracke
    • NEW Thrill of the Drill – an interview with actress Denise Richards
    • NEW The Final Girl – an interview with actress Marley Shelton
    • NEW Shot Through the Heart – an interview with actress Jessica Cauffiel
    • NEW Writing Valentine – an interview with co-writers Gretchen J. Berg and Aaron Harberts
    • NEW Editing Valentine - an interview with editor Steve Mirkovich
    • NEW Scoring Valentine – an interview with composer Don Davis
    • NEW Almost 2 hours of never-before-seen behind-the-scenes footage from director Jamie Blanks’ personal archive
    • Deleted Scenes including extended death scenes
    • Original Audio Commentary with director Jamie Blanks
    • Vintage “Making of” featurette featuring cast and crew
    • Extended interviews and behind-the-scenes footage from the electronic press kit
    • Music Video
    • Teaser Trailer and Theatrical Trailers
    • TV Spots
    • Still Gallery
    • Hidden Easter Egg

Street date planned for 2/12/19. Pre-order now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/valentine-collector-s-edition?product_id=6971

9. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

WOW! I've had a go about shout and their lack lustre collector edition's 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels anyone!', but that is an impressive selection of extra's!

chancetx likes this.
  10. CPT HOOK

Jamie Blanks directed both Valentine and Urban Legend, and from what I understand he's largely responsible for getting everyone together for these releases.

fceurich39 likes this.
  11. CPT HOOK

The Slumber Party Massacre II/III blu-ray appears to be out of print, as is the complete Collection DVD.

I must guard my blu-ray with my life.

12. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Gotta say that's a damn impressive list of extras for Valentine. I'm not sure how Scream decides which releases will be Collector's Editions vs regular but every CE should be stacked this way. (I didn't pay attention to the Dirty Rotten Scoundrels announcement but to call that release a Collector's Edition is embarrassing.)

fceurich39 likes this.
  13. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

I haven't seen Valentine since the theaters.....brought my first girlfriend to see it! Hahaha and I was unimpressed then. Which is saying a lot because as a 16 year old horror hound and slasher fanatic......for me not to like it, means it reaaaally had to be shitty. But I look forward to hearing your thoughts.....

chancetx likes this.
  14. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I was older than you when I saw Valentine but it was also in the theater and that was the only time I watched it. My sentiments are the same as yours. I honestly can't remember any specific scene whatsoever.

15. CPT HOOK

If you don't enjoy movies like the Urban Legend movies, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, The Pool, The Clown At Midnight, Cut, etc, I can't imagine you'll get much out of it. It's very lite-weight slasher fare. Lacks in the gore department, but makes up for it with it's stylish look, a breezy pace, a fun cast of then-hot stars, and an amazing soundtrack if you're into the music of that time. I was initially underwhelmed by it myself, but it grows on you, and watching it every few V-Days I've grown to love it. I'm looking forward to finally seeing the long-rumored extended death scenes. Too bad they couldn't do the same with Cherry Falls.

And as I mentioned above, I don't think it's Scream going out of their way for this title. Both Urban Legend and Valentine are stacked discs because the people who made these movies LOVED director Jamie Blanks. He reached out to everyone, and they're showing up for him.

Natas, othervoice1 and fceurich39 like this.
  16. CPT HOOK

April 16th:

Superstition_BR_PS_72dpi.png

17. Nailwraps

People, this is a StudioCanal title. You know what that means!? ;)

18. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Seeing the release is in April. Shout should placed a $87 price tag on it for a goof.

19. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

20. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Shout now owns the Roger Corman library (pending litigation) including the Slumber Party Massacre series. As I recall Cliff mentioned overall being dissatisfied with the HD masters Corman provided them for these sequels so they initially only did the DVD collection. Presumably these master were still used some time later for the Blu-ray release.

I bet they're planning a remaster and once it sold out they elected not to print up more. I would anticipate these getting an improved release although probably not too soon (I can't imagine they're top priority when re-assessing the Corman library).

Reading the description again the uncut versions were SD. They may have found the original materials or if not "found" were willing to pay for them to be remastered when Corman was not. Could be a great sign.

Too bad, I was hoping for Arrow to get them. Shout's combination of mediocre product with premium pricing has me putting their stuff off. I haven't bought a Shout product in over a year now.

hots4 likes this.