Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

Lost Continent was a blind buy upgrade for me. That movie is just all kinds of bonkers dairy product.

Plus there's Dana Gillespie staying above the carnivorous seaweed with the aid of four round flotation devices.

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

^Even though it has been available for a while, I'm surprised they didn't renew Candyman: Farewell To The Flesh. When the remake comes out, it's gonna move some copies.

chancetx, Zombie Dude and fceurich39 like this.
  3. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

Probably another reason I remember being fond or confused with Part 2 was because I didn't understand the ending. It doesn't make sense. That's why Part 6 is my overall favorite in the series.

4. loutoad23

loutoad23 Active Member

I love the movie april fools day, but it's on starz in HD and I can't see spending 30 dollars on that release. If they dropped it by 10 bucks I would buy.

Zombie Dude and hots4 like this.
  5. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

It does seem odd timing. I wonder if Arrow might have licensed it with plans for a box set. Though Scream also released the original so they could have done their own set if that were a possibility.

6. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

One possibility is the original release is going OOP to PROBABLY make way for a collector's edition release (and with the remake coming, it's proper timing). ;)

Whether it'll be from Scream or Arrow is the mystery.

As for an Arrow box set seems unlikely since Part 2 is sublicensed to 88 Films and while Arrow does have connections with Lionsgate in the UK, there's no telling if they have the rights in that country (they could, but again if Part 2 is sublicensed out to another label, a set is out of the question. You'd have a better chance of 3 being a part of Lionsgate's Vestron line).

chancetx likes this.
  7. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

That would be atypical for Shout! Factory. Generally, whenever they've upgraded one of their previous releases, both editions remain in print.

8. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I feel that way about a lot of their releases. They're priced way too damn high. I'd like to get The Craft for example and it's still around that $30 price point as well. I'll just end up buying the standard edition that was out before theirs for that one.

loutoad23, hots4, x666x and 1 other person like this.
  9. CPT HOOK

The extras on April Fool's Day are kind of a bore. Everyone seems to be actively avoiding talking about April Fool's Day. They ramble on for 20 mins or so, then are like, oh yeah April Fool's Day, then devote about 2 mins to it. All in all, you get over 2 hours of interviews with maybe 10 mins of it related to the movie.

I guess we should just be grateful it's finally on blu-ray, but what a missed opportunity. Considering there is no Amy Steel here, I wouldn't expect to see her on the upcoming Friday set either.

chancetx and Katatonia like this.
  10. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I pretty much felt the same way. I did learn some things about the movie, but the Interviews were not very well done. A good audio commentary could have easily covered most of the material in the Interviews. I'd never heard of the studio that produced the bonus features on the disc before, but they were definitely not Red Shirt quality or similar. Whoever popped the questions to the participants just didn't ask truly good questions, and the editing work needed a lot of polish.

This is better than all of the disc's bonus features, and Amy Steel appears here along with Deborah Foreman and Leah King Pinsent:

11. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD/photos/a.130215417115478/1789910387812631/

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD/photos/a.130215417115478/1789905841146419/

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD/photos/a.130215417115478/1789907267812943/

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD/photos/a.130215417115478/1789908891146114/

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD/photos/a.130215417115478/1789910387812631/

Note: I have a feeling Tattoo is not owned by Fox / Disney.

Kim Bruun, Katatonia and gobad2003 like this.
  12. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I like Kiss of the Vampire, but it's far from an essential Hammer title. It gets overlooked 'cuz neither Peter Cushing nor Christopher Lee are in it, but it has that unmistakable Hammer "feel" even without their most famous actors.

I should watch Graveyard Shift sometime. I never did, 'cuz I couldn't imagine it being as creepy and effective as the short story, one of King's best.

13. CPT HOOK

Graveyard Shift is one of those movies I keep going back to every few years because I think I love it, then whenever I watch it I'm bored out of my mind.

14. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

So I should keep with my current status, where "Graveyard Shift" in my mind is this amazing and frightening short concept?

(sort of like how I imagine Invasion of the Blood Farmers to be like the super-terrifying poster, and in reality the film is nowhere near as interesting?)

15. Colin

Colin Well-Known Member

The Tenant will be mine!

16. gobad2003

gobad2003 Well-Known Member

I'm just the opposite, I keep going back because it's one of Stephen King's best. Day one purchase for me :D

loutoad23 likes this.
  17. CPT HOOK

I've never read the short story, so hard to say. If you have cable, AMC airs it every October. I might recommend that over a $20+ Scream Factory blind buy.

Maybe it's just because I can't help but compare it to the other Paramount Stephen King movies (Silver Bullet, Pet Sematary, Dead Zone, etc)? As far as King adaptations go, I'd probably say it's most along the lines of The Mangler. I do love the end credits song though!

18. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

The Mangler is actually a good short story too!!

gobad2003 likes this.
  19. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Extras for Evil of Frankenstein revealed!:

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/the-evil-of-frankenstein-collector-s-edition?product_id=7364

"NEW 4K Scan Of The Interpositive
    • NEW Audio Commentary With Filmmaker/Film Historian Constantine Nasr
    • NEW The Men Who Made Hammer: Freddie Francis
    • NEW An Interview With Assistant Director William P. Cartlidge
    • NEW An Interview With Actress Katy Wild
    • TV Version Of THE EVIL OF FRANKENSTEIN (From The Best Available 16mm Print)
    • The Making Of THE EVIL OF FRANKENSTEIN – Narrated By Edward De Souza And Featuring Interviews With Wayne Kinsey, Caron Gardner, Hugh Harlow, Pauline Harlow, Peter Cushing, And Don Mingay
    • A Moment With Actress Caron Gardner
    • TALES OF FRANKENSTEIN TV Pilot
    • Theatrical Trailer
    • Still Gallery"

Also coming this July; Northern Exposure The Complete Series on DVD:
    https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/northern-exposure-the-complete-series?product_id=7391

loutoad23 likes this.
  20. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

That's so disappointing. It was already a kind of lackluster Collector's Edition and to barely discuss the movie in the few extras offered is depressing. Any chance Arrow might pick this up for the UK and do some proper extras?