Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Thanks man, it's pretty awesome. Definitely one of my favorite looking pieces. Fun fact, this replica is cast from the original screen used prop.

hots4 likes this.
  2. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Makes sense. It is such a faithful representation. I'd love one for my wall or even better a wearable one for Halloween. Now that would shit a few people up!

Zombie Dude likes this.
  3. Zombie Dude

My piece can be worn but I usually prefer to just display my masks, especially when they're expensive pieces. This would look real awesome if you had a latex hood to put the mask over as well. That way you get the balding, misshapen head look to finish it off.

hots4 likes this.
  4. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

5. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

Not much interest, as the description is just a re-release. Same problem of not having the original British series, or the pilot that started it all, leaves the story rather incomplete. Granted I already have the previous set, but I had bought it hoping eventually the rest would get released.

6. Nailwraps

From Scream Factory's twitter:

https://twitter.com/Scream_Factory/status/1281275177888657408

"Good news: We will be announcing our Oct/Halloween slate next week! We think you'll be very pleased.

Not-so-good news: Due to the ongoing COVID situation + behind-the-scenes factors out of our control, we are not in a position to reveal future titles to time along with the upcoming virtual SDCC event this month. We're genuinely disappointed as we know its been an annual highlight for many. (Us too!) On a brighter note, we do have more releases planned into 2021 and are pursuing more. Stay tuned, stay safe & thank you for your continued support."

Kim Bruun likes this.
  7. Zombie Dude

Fingers crossed it's good :D

8. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Re-release's classed as special editions now with a plethora of added interviews!!!!!! :D

loutoad23 likes this.
  9. gobad2003

gobad2003 Well-Known Member

Friday the 13th box set Here we come!! :D

Zombie Dude, Katatonia and Nailwraps like this.
  10. Nailwraps

Details for the Universal Horror Collection Volume 6

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=27098

"The Black Castle (1952)

Synopsis: A forbidding castle in the Black Forest holds dangers for Sir Ronald Burton (Richard Greene) when he is invited there for a hunt by the cruel Count von Bruno (Stephen McNally). Burton, searching for evidence that the count murdered his friends, becomes ensnared in a cat-and-mouse game that turns deadly when he falls in love with the count's wife, Elga (Paula Corday). Lovely Elga is being held prisoner by the count with the help of his hulking servant Gargon (Lon Chaney, Jr.). Only the castle physician, Dr. Meissen (Boris Karloff), may have the power to free the lovers, but his method could put them in even greater jeopardy.
    • NEW 2K RESTORATION OF THE FILM
    • NEW Audio Commentary with author/film historian Tom Weaver
    • NEW Universal Horror Strikes Back! – a look at Universal Horror in the 40s
    • Still Gallery
    Cult of the Cobra (1955)

Synopsis: Two GIs (Richard Long, Marshall Thompson) out of six cursed by snake worshippers expose a killer snake goddess (Faith Domergue) in New York. Directed by Francis D. Lyon.
    • NEW Audio Commentary with film historians Tom Weaver, Steve Kronenberg, David Schecter and Robert J. Kiss
    • Theatrical Trailer
    • TV Spots for the double feature of REVENGE OF THE CREATURE/CULT OF THE COBRA
    • Still Gallery
    The Thing That Couldn't Die (1958)

Synopsis: "If ye valuest thy immortal soul, open not this accursed chest." So reads the inscription on the 400-year-old metal box found by teen psychic Jessica Burns (Carolyn Kearney) on her Aunt Flavia's farm. Although archeologist Gordon Hawthorne (William Reynolds) warns it should remain untouched, two greedy ranch hands break it open, believing there's treasure inside. What they find instead is the living head of executed devil worshipper Gideon Drew (Robin Hughes), "the foulest and wickedest man to ever set feet upon the earth." Condemned to a living death until he's rejoined, Drew hypnotizes Jessica into unearthing his body so he can "spread hell's flames around the world". A terrifying tale from the Atomic Age of horror movies, The Thing That Couldn't Die is a devilish gem that's a head above the rest.
    • NEW Audio Commentary by authors/film historians Tom Weaver and C. Courtney Joyner
    • Theatrical Trailer
    The Shadow of the Cat (1961)

Synopsis: A house cat sees her owner murdered by two servants under orders from her husband, and becomes ferociously bent on revenge. Directed by John Gilling.
    • NEW Audio Commentary by author/film historian Bruce G. Hallenbeck
    • NEW In the Shadow of Shelley – an interview with Barbara Shelley
    • TV Spot for the double feature of THE CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF/THE SHADOW OF THE CAT
    • Still Gallery"

11. Zombie Dude

Lol, yeah they are real bad at doing that. I'll settle for new transfers though.

12. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Unfortunately a lot them aren't. Just the same transfer with a higher than before bit rate.

13. Zombie Dude

Oh, I know most of the time they just use what's available but I'm just being hopeful lol. A lot of the films could really do with a fresh new scan. Hopefully they don't do what they did with the Halloween set and release some of of films later again with better transfers (H2&3).

14. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

15. zbinks

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD/photos/a.130215417115478/1907151782755157/

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD/photos/a.130215417115478/1907153679421634/

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD/photos/a.130215417115478/1907148202755515/

16. zbinks

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD/photos/a.130215417115478/1907208499416152/

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  17. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I just ordered the Friday the 13th Set. I like what they got to offer, there. Love the poster art and the fact that they are pretty big. I was kinda hoping they'd do a poster for
    Terror in the Aisles, but...no. I'll buy that too. It's become a favorite.
    I put the Dawn of the Dead boxset on the backburner for some reason, but Friday the 13th...I didn't even think twice.

Myron Breck and Colin like this.
  18. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Their website is pulling a Severin. o_O

zbinks likes this.
  19. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

20. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I know I rushed over to grab the Friday the 13th set. Considering they announced this as a 13,000 copies limited edition and how hard it was to find a good price for their Halloween set just a couple years after release, I didn't want to miss out. I'm sure the poster/lithograph will be gone within a couple hours. Their 13,000 numbers obviously include a large number set aside for other retailers, but I didn't want to risk anything with my favorite horror franchise.

Easily include-able content not on previous reissues that I'm happy to see listed in the features for this set:
    -Theatrical cut of part 1
    -Cast commentary on Part 3
    -Real 3D version of Part 3
    -Unrated version of Jason Goes to Hell

Myron Breck and Katatonia like this.