Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

I swear Shout Factory are becoming my new best friends.

2. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

The Funhouse grew on me, as did Sweet Sixteen and Final Exam.

I've always loved Humongous. I'd rank it in my top 20 slasher films. Never understood what was so dull about it. I think it's a great classic slasher, straight forward and a blast!

Mortuary is one I'd agree with. I like it, but its biggest problem is heading to the morgue 20 minutes too soon. More time at that gorgeous house would have benefited it.

Sweet Sixteen was a very dull watch at first, but I love the characters and Soap Opera dialogue, that I think even with its low body count, it's one that I can watch over and over again.

Watched The Funhouse on VHS like somebody else here. I didn't like it. Then watched it again in 2.35:1 on DVD, and I finally got what was so great about it. It's beautifully shot.

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

There's screenshots taken from the Shout Blu on that page everywhere, and also from the Arrow Blu. There's 2 or 3 of each same screenshot right above one another. The text is shown above the images regarding where they came sourced from:

I don't see how you could be missing seeing them.
    [/FONT]

4. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

I actually like the sloooooooooow first half better than the second stalk and kill half. Hooper has a real knack for shooting sleazy and/or bizarre locations. The Funhouse showcases this well, and in widescreen (which I agree with everyone else, looks great)! Also, the performances are well above par for the genre.

5. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

they took that honour as soon as they started the roger corman's cult classics line. now that they've introduced the scream factory line, its like they're friends with benefits! :sperm:

6. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

body boy, I always loved humongous.. its so goood..

7. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

wish I knew why katatonia, but when I click the link all I get is the universal DVD and the ARROW blu comparisons, I can't see the blu captures from the new US version.....:confused::confused::confused:

8. Katatonia

:eek: That is really strange...

They must be censored for viewing outside of the US! (just joking :D)

There isn't much difference between the Arrow and Shout transfers though. The main selling point is the new extras, especially the 5+ minutes of Deleted Scenes.

9. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

TERROR TRAIN

I am sure shout did their very best but the 1 star rating for extra's was appropriate

The image ranges from soft to sharp in a few scenes, the outside scenes looked good what there were of them. The inside was well good enough for what it was. Ben Johnsons wrinkles were very visible but sometimes that seemed it. The image must have been more detailed though, I noticed lots of small things here and there, and for the FIRST time I sat there thinking the killer was pretty obvious.

The 5.1 tracks sounded "wrong" the dialog was at times spread in all five speakers, and surround effects didn't always have any specific distinction. The stereo track is the way to go.....

Do I regret it? HELL NO , all Jamie Lee's horror films deserve the blu treatment ( admittedly this makes me the wrong person to critic anything like this film )

10. Katatonia

Is the 2.0 track definitely "Stereo" then, or is it the original Mono track? :eek2: The old Fox DVD had both Stereo and Mono.

I was kinda hoping for the original Mono mix...but yeah even if it is Stereo I'd probably choose it to watch. This never really screamed to me as a "5.1 Surround" type of movie, even remixed.

11. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

well it's 2.0 and spread on the speakers in front, the dialog sounded centered for the mostpart. But it was low, had to turn up my amp.

(and on a side note, the funhouse screen grabs, that won't show for me and me alone, are becoming a full blown obsession with me , katatonia. Maybe I should dust of my old drag costume and stalk DVDbeaver offices to find out why))

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  12. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I noticed that Arrow's The Funhouse blu-ray is currently available on Amazon Marketplace for $1 + shipping.

Sounds too good to be true, but I can't say that I'm not intrigued.

13. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

And the Warner Archive Killer Party DVD is selling for one cent. Weird.

14. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

No $1 Funhouse anymore, but the .01 for Killer Party still is. Obviously that person f'd up - whooooooooooo's gonna get it :)

15. CPT HOOK

I went for The Funhouse. I'm keeping my Scream Factory order, but for $1 I figured why not? Worst case scenario, I file a claim and get my money back.

I'm tempted to give Killer Party a try too. It's eligible for Prime free shipping too. I don't have Prime, but if I did I would totally risk the penny.

16. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

actually i was impressed with the picture quality of killer party. great dvd...

17. Katatonia

1 cent? :lol: That's just insane. I think it's obviously an error, as it's been "In Stock" for a long time now...but if you try to check out it'll give you a message that it's unavailable.

Oh, and come on Shout Factory... more Hey Dude! I need some more Killer Cacti. :cry:

18. CPT HOOK

Thanks for mentioning that. I was going back and forth about ordering Killer Party, but after reading your comment I tried anyway and it wouldn't let me check out either. Now that I know it's not available, I don't have to worry about it.

Had no issues ordering Arrow's The Funhouse blu-ray though:

[​IMG]

And I'm so with you regarding Hey Dude! I hope they haven't given up, because it seems like Season 4 should have been announced by now.

19. gobad2003

gobad2003 Well-Known Member

The .01 Killer Party was gone but the next seller had a .02 for sale so I took a chance on it. I usually don't buy those MOD dvd's because they charge as much for regular pressed dvd but hell for .02 I'll give it a try :glasses:

20. CPT HOOK

Getting off topic: I'm thinking the RedTagMarket listing for Killer Party is a mistake, but other sellers keep matching it.

Another brand new copy just popped up for $0.01 so I grabbed it.

[​IMG]

:banana::banana::banana: