Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Korngold

Korngold New Member

Me too. Of course, there's something "oxymoronic" about SPM on blu-ray, but it would still be awesome.:D

2. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Great news: PIRANHA will have a reversable cover (USA one sheet art and International art)! Anamorphic and all the extras from the previous DVD (hopefully the insert, too but they didn't say.). I read this on DVD Maniacs forum. The official announcement will be soon.

3. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

More good news! I can't wait for this one.

4. springjack

springjack New Member

DEATH RACE 2000 SPECIAL EDITION BLU-RAY & DVD

EXTENSIVE SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:

- New Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer (1.85:1) in high definition from the inter-positive film element
    - David on Death Race: A brief look back from star David Carradine recorded in 2008
    - Audio commentary with Roger Corman and Mary Woronov
    - Audio commentary with assistant director Lewis Teague and editor Tina Hirsch
    - Playing the Game: Looking Back at ?Death Race 2000?
    - Ready to Wear: In-depth interview costume designer Jane Ruhm on her inventive work for this film and other Roger Corman classics
    - Designing Dystopia!: A detailed look at the film?s futuristic landscapes and now-classic race cars with co-art director B.B. Neel, car designer James Powers and car constructor Dean Jeffries
    - Start Your Engine!: How the world of Death Race 2000 came to life, interview with original story creator Ib Melchior
    - Killer Score: An all-new interview with composer Paul Chihara on the creation of the film?s eclectic score, which was also his first feature film composition.
    - Leonard Maltin interviews Roger Corman about Death Race 2000
    - Original theatrical trailer
    - Original theatrical trailer with commentary by filmmaker John Landis
    - Collectible 12-page booklet
    - New World trailers
    ________
    Black asian

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  5. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

There is an update over at The Old Hockstatter Place. Jason Paul Collum reports that post-production has wrapped on the documentary "Sleepless Nights: Revisiting the Slumber Party Massacres" and that it will be included on the upcoming DVD set being released by Shout Factory. He also confirms the Oct 5 release date.

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

DVDTalk has posted a blu-ray review for the Rock 'n' Roll High School disc.

7. Stige

Stige Active Member

any news about the region coding for the blu releases really want stepfather and pirahna

8. Beastus

Beastus New Member

Most likely region coded. Cliff Mac mentioned that the 2 upcoming Corman features, Forbidden World and Galaxy Terror, will be region coded. I would assume the same will apply to Piranha and most likely Stepfather as well.

9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Damn... looks like Shout Factory is copying Severin and not even utilizing Lossless or Uncompressed audio tracks. :(

10. dickieduvet

dickieduvet Member

It's such a shame many companies decide to region lock their BD's. It's understandable if it's a distribution deal like Blue Undeground's upcoming Django but it really does kill the potential of extra revenue from international sales, I import loads of region A discs and had to buy a region A player with power converter but I know most refuse to and insist on waiting for domestic releases which sometimes will never materialise.

11. Beastus

Beastus New Member

I do think Shout! Factory would've liked to make it region free, but because of other distribution deals with various European companies, region coding was a demand in their licensing contract.

12. Stige

Stige Active Member

ah well, will buy both anyway just worrisome that my blu ray player that plays region A might break , have slysoftHD on my bluray laptop but can never get the picture to look as good on my TV as with the blu ray player. Not shouts fault just seems all my true favorites get region A'd

13. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

I feel like a jackass for asking this question but do you all think these Shout Factory releases will go up or down in price in the first six months after release? I’m tempted to start pre-ordering most of them but they aren’t cheap and I’ll be annoyed if they are all $5 cheaper within the first six months. Likewise I’ll also be annoyed if I wait a few weeks after their release to read reviews and find that the price went up $5 and stays there.

14. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

15. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Is that a quick shot from SAVAGE ! near the end of the trailer (guy blazing away with a Thompson sub machine gun),or one of the prison flicks ?

16. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

The new Forbidden World and Galaxy of Terror releases have been detailed!:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4577

"Shout! Factory has officially announced two "science-fiction shockers" on July 20 as part of its Roger Corman's Cult Classics collection: Forbidden World (in a 2-disc BD/DVD edition) and Galaxy of Terror. Forbidden World will include the R-rated theatrical cut in a high-definition transfer from the interpositive film elements, and the never-before-seen, unrated director's cut (in standard definition, full-frame video).

Special features are as follows:

Forbidden World
    Interview with producer Roger Corman
    Interviews with cast and crew including director Allan Holzman, composer Susan Justin and actor Jesse Vint
    A look at the special effects of Forbidden World with John Carl Buechler, Robert Skotak, Tony Randal and R. Christopher Biggs
    Poster and still Gallery
    Original theatrical trailer
    Additional New World trailers
    Audio commentary with director Allan Holzman on the director's cut

Galaxy of Terror
    Commentary with Cast and Crew
    New Worlds: producer Roger Corman, screenwriter Marc Siegler and director Bruce D. Clark discuss the origins of the film
    The Crew Of The Quest: Actors Robert Englund, Sid Haig, Taaffe O'Connell and Grace Zabriskie discuss their experiences as crew members of the U.S.S. Quest
    Planet of Horrors: A detailed look into the creation of the film's memorable sets and alien landscapes
    Future King: Memories of co-production designer (and future visionary filmmaker) James Cameron from members of the cast and crew
    Old School: A journey into the complicated mechanical and makeup effects with artists Allan A. Apone, Douglas J. White, Alec Gillis and others
    Launch Sequence: Co-editor R.J. Kizer walks us through postproduction and a profile on composer Barry Schrader
    Theatrical trailers
    Extensive photo galleries including posters, production sketches and designs
    Theatrical trailer with commentary from writer/director Joel Olsen, courtesy of Trailersfromhell.com
    Original screenplay"

17. FilmFiend

FilmFiend New Member

No uncut worm rape :fuck:? No Erin Moran interview? I remember seeing Galaxy of Terror with Humanoids From the Deep as the second feature at the drive-in. Great memories for a 10 year old!!!!!

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  18. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Humanoids has been confirmed for a Blu-ray release.

19. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Hallelujah!!!

Great news!

20. flafilmmaker

flafilmmaker Guest

Almost all their Corman re-issues are already pre-ordered for me through Amazon.

Yea! Finally. Galaxy of Terror! Woohoo. Sid Haig ROCKS.