Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Also, the claim that these films "haven't aged well" doesn't make sense to me. I mean isn't that part of the reason we love these films? Because they have this nostalgic charm to them that is absent from the horror films of today? Not many of these films (especially slashers) age particularly well only because the formula has been repeated and copied to the point where everything is derivative of something else. And in that case I think Terror Train is one of the few films of the slasher genre that has aged the least. It's really not as shlocky as many people make it out to be.

~Matt

2. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    How can a movie made 30 years ago NOT be dated????? Although a precious few escape that and seem timeless but really...a movie should be a product of its time. That is, unless the makers had a time machine and were able to foresee future trends in cinema...;)

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

For me, they get better with age. The Funhouse in particular is one I love more every time I see it.

Both The Funhouse and Terror Train are two of the best slashers from the decade.

As for i-Deals, my sole order for Arrow's The Funhouse blu-ray was cancelled as well. No biggie, I figured it had to be a goof and it was worth a shot.

The only thing that makes me uncomfortable is that the order completely disappeared from my account. There's no trace of it ever happening. I would at least like it there until I get my credit card statement, just for my security. I usually delete my Amazon e-mails because you can get all the information from your account. You'd think they'd just mark it as cancelled or something.

This does, however, give me hope for Killer Party, as that one is still in my account and marked as shipped. :eek: If it was cancelled, shouldn't it have completely disappeared also?

Anyway, sorry for getting off topic. Back to Scream Factory.

4. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Universal just released Terror in the Aisles as part of the Universal Vault Series made on demand series on the 15th. So you can buy a DVD-R for it now at $17.99 instead of picking it up on the original Halloween II Blu-ray for $9.99 on Amazon. :D

5. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

half the definition for twice the price!

6. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

:lol: I guess it's really for those who still don't plan on upgrading to Blu-ray. Gotta pay more, and it's a DVD-R!

8. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

I'm glad that Terror In The Aisles will finally be on DVD (even if it's an MOD disc). Anyway, here's some juicy news from Scream's Facebook!:

"Another title announcement tomorrow with two this time! Only hints: First time on Blu-ray and both from the 70s.

Also to tease, we'll be announcing - in person - some highly requested titles that we are planning for a "Collector's Edition" at the HorrorHound Weekend convention in Indianapolis on Nov 16th. (But no worries if you can't attend, we'll share them very soon afterwards on here we promise!) :)

Let the speculating begin..."

Color...me...excited. :)

9. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

The Vampire Lovers and Incredible Melting man....cool.

Anybody have a direct email address to Shout! where I can get in contact with someone regarding sending a damaged item back in exchange for a new one? I used the form on their website twice now, and have not received a response and its starting to irritate me.

10. zompirejoe

zompirejoe Active Member

It looks like The Vampire Lovers and The Incredible Melting Man are now headed to blu ray as well. I guess I'll double dip on Melting Man, even though I just bought the MOD disc. Vampire Lovers is a no brainer.

11. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Haven't even opened my Melting Man DVD yet. I'll do the upgrade and sell the MOD most likely.

12. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Ugh, I was just about to post that I don't buy MOD anymore because of the chance that they'll be released on pressed discs in the future and Shout announces The Incredible Melting Man. I just bought that for $10.99 during Amazon's sale. So yeah, I'm never buying MOD from the majors again (they'll be exceptions for some independent films I'm sure). Serious this time.

Great news from Shout though and I'll be certain to pick up Vampire Lovers on Blu-ray. I'm a bit surprised though because Synapse seemed to be on a roll with those when they announce Countess Dracula so I though Don May Jr. would be on top of those.

13. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Agree. I don't get all the hate this movie receives as it's one of my favourite slasher films. I have a feeling people dislike it because the kills aren't anything special, but to me slasher films have always been about more then just gory kills.

April Fool's Day is another slasher that I love but many seem to hate it, and I wonder if that too is because its lack of bloody kills? I guess the ending may rub some the wrong way as well, although I think its genius myself.

Agreed.

14. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I fucking LOVE April Fool's Day.

~Matt

15. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

^ Same here.

People say things like Student Bodies or Evil Laugh are predecessors to Scream, but I've always thought April Fool's Day was the true predecessor.

I think it was ahead of it's time, and it's much more clever than the standard '80s slasher fare.

The lost ending is my "holy grail" of slasher cinema.

16. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

I love this movie too, I have a buddy that lives a couple blocks from where they filmed the ferry landing. So my question is when Shout start aquiring stuff from Pparamount so we can get decent blus of friday the 13ths and April Fools Day?

17. startide

startide Member

"Kills" aren't really the reason I watch horror films, but I still didn't like Terror Train! While it's certainly a competent piece of work, it is still one of the dullest I've ever seen. One day I'll sit down for a re watch, but until that day, I can't imagine I'd change my mind.

I quite liked April Fool's Day, however. :)

18. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

startide. i bought terror train on a wing. from shout. and didnt care for it at all..

19. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Yeah Terror Train is pretty bland. I'll stick with my FOX dvd.

20. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

Incredible Melting Man...FUCK YES!

So glad I held out on buying the MOD. And with Shout, you know they'll use the awesome original poster art as a reversible cover.

[​IMG]

:glasses: