Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. dickieduvet

dickieduvet Member

2. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Sounds cool.I'm looking forward to BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS.

3. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

The Stepfather Blu-Ray has been reviewed!:

http://www.dvdmaniacs.net/review.php?id=1386

It's amazing that the Blu-Ray includes trailers for II and III since II is owned by Synapse and III is owned by Lionsgate and is not even on R1 DVD yet. But I wonder if this is a sign that a R1 release of Stepfather III is not far away.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Awesome! Thankfully it appears to have an uncompressed PCM audio track. That's also cool that it includes all three trailers, and the first in HD.

I can't wait to get this Blu-ray in my bloody hands!

5. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Trailers for the most part fall under the category of "fair use" and usually are not even copyrighted (pre-1978). Often when documentaries show clips from other films they'll use segments from trailers for this reason. That's also why collections like 42nd Street Forever have few legal problems.

6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

7. Nailwraps

8. Korngold

Korngold New Member

Yeah, it isn't like she's living high on the hog from that sweet, sweet Joanie loves Chachi money.:D

9. RJ Fielder

RJ Fielder Member

Cliff Mac and Micheal Fleisher clarified why certain individuals are missing from the supplements on the AV Maniacs Forum.

For Galaxy of Terror:
    For Forbidden World:

10. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

piranha and humanoids from the deep specs

Piranha
    Piranha SPECIAL EDITION BLU-RAY AND DVD SPECIAL FEATURES:

• New anamorphic widescreen presentation (1.78:1)
    • Audio commentary with director Joe Dante and producer Jon Davison
    • Behind-the-scenes footage
    • “The Making of Piranha” featurette with new interviews from Roger Corman, Joe Dante, Dick Miller, Belinda Balaski and many More
    • Bloopers and outtakes
    • Piranha trailer with commentary by producer Jon Davison – Courtesy of Trailers From Hell (www.trailersfromhell.com)
    • Stills gallery with photos and posters from around the world
    • Behind-the-scenes stills gallery featuring photos from Phil Tippett’s personal collection
    • Additional scenes from the network television version
    • Radio and TV spots
    • New World trailers

Humanoids from the Deep
    • New high-definition transfer of the Uncut international version presented in anamorphic widescreen (1.78:1)
    • Never-before-seen deleted scenes
    • Trailer, TV and radio spots
    • Leonard Maltin’s interviews with Roger Corman on the making of the film
    • “The Making of Humanoids from the Deep,” featuring new interviews with composer James Horner, second unit/assistant director James Sbardellati, editor Mark Goldblatt and more!
    • New World trailers

11. Nailwraps

12. dickieduvet

dickieduvet Member

I'm so happy I could cry :banana:

13. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

Too many movies I've got to double dip on lately and Piranha looks to be another addition to the list.

14. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

Uncut international version of Humanoids? Awesome!

15. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Uncut version? :banana:

No commentary track? :fuck:

Great specs though. I can't wait to pick that one up.

I would love to know more about this triple feature set of Slumber Party Massacre.

16. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Me too!

17. Nailwraps

Blu-Ray.com has the Blu cover for Humanoids From The Deep as well as some cover details for Piranha.:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4671

"The Piranha Blu-ray features the iconic vintage cover art from the film's original 1978 movie poster, and the art from the original international poster for the reverse cover. "

18. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

That Humanoids BLU will most like be my BLU/DVD of the year.

Shout! Factory is bar none my current favorite DVD/BLU releasing company around. Their releases are top notch with great attention to detail; the films they usually release are not readily available on DVD/BLU; their releases are busting at the seems with supplements, and they use original artwork (without being defaced by some hack Photoshop job) as covers.

I for one will be purchasing all of Shout!'s Corman titles and just about any other niche title they decide to release. They seriously touched a soft spot with me when they gave the go ahead on the Humanoids BLU.

I usually despise the month of August, but now I eagerly await that hell-spawned month.

19. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the bulk of these blu's, so these will all be a real treat for me.

And it's also great to see that even if he's reached obscene amounts of fame and fortune, James Cameron still remembers where he got his start. Too bad time didn't allow him to be interviewed.

20. Nailwraps

Specs for the new Deathsport and Battletruck Double Feature DVD have been announced.:

http://www.avmaniacs.com/blog/2010/...from-shout-factory-8310-full-specs-cover-art/

"DEATHSPORT/ BATTLETRUCK DOUBLE-FEATURE COLLECTOR’S EDITION DVD
    FEATURING THE LONG-OUT-OF-PRINT CULT FAVORITE DEATHSPORT IN WIDESCREEN
    AND THE LONG-AWAITED DEBUT OF BATTLETRUCK ON DVD
    Slammin’ into Stores Nationwide August 3, 2010 From Shout! Factory

Brace yourself for twice the fun, twice the adrenaline rush, and twice the traction, as Shout! Factory, in association with New Horizons Picture Corporation, set to release a dynamic duo of Roger Corman classics on one double-feature collector’s edition DVD. August 3, 2010 will see the release of Deathsport/BattleTruck Collector’s Edition, which marks the first time Deathsport being presented in a widescreen format, as well as the first-ever DVD release of BattleTruck (released theatrically as Warlords of the 21st Century). This double-barreled dose of high-octane excitement decisively marks the latest summer installment from fan favorite Roger Corman’s Cult Classics home entertainment series.

Deathsport/ BattleTruck Collector’s Edition boasts a stellar selection of new bonus content including all-new cast and crew interviews, commentaries, vintage trailers and more. A must-have for Roger Corman fans and collectors, own two of Roger Corman’s popular cult hits at an attractive price of $19.93 SRP.

The worldwide success of Death Race 2000 fueled Corman’s desire to make Deathsport, which also stars Emmy Award® and four-time Golden Globe® nominee David Carradine (Kill Bill: Vol. 1 and 2, TV’s Kung Fu). It was not a direct sequel but certainly a thematic follow-up.

Set 1,000 years in the future, following the Great Neutron Wars, the world is divided into desert wastes and isolated city-states. Lord Zirpola (David McLean, Kingdom of the Spiders) captures the notorious “Desert Ranger” Kaz Oshay (Carradine) and forces him to fight to the death in his game, Deathsport. Now Kaz must face his past and fight to save himself, his city and the future from the war that Lord Zirpola is about to wage.

Executive produced by Roger Corman, Deathsport is directed by Henry Suso and Allan Arkush. Co-starring in the film are beautiful B-movie starlet and 1970 Playboy Playmate of the Year Claudia Jennings, Jesse Vint (Forbidden World) and perennially popular big-screen bad guy Richard Lynch (Invasion USA, Bad Dreams, The Sword and the Sorcerer).

Inspired by the success of The Road Warrior, Corman acquired the award-winning New Zealand-made action blowout BattleTruck for distribution, rechristened it Warlords of the 21st Century and released it to screens in 1982. The film earned an enthusiastic cult audience and has not been available on home video for more than 20 years until now.

After the Oil Wars have ravaged the Earth’s landscape, gasoline has become a precious commodity. On his marauding search to commandeer all of the oil in existence to fuel his massive, heavily-armored battle truck, Col. Straker (James Wainwright, The Survivors) ravages a peaceful commune. Riding to their rescue is a mysterious man on a motorcycle (Michael Beck, The Warriors, Megaforce), who becomes their only hope when he decides to bring the fight to Straker, aided and abetted by Straker’s runaway daughter, Corlie (Annie McEnroe, Beetlejuice, Wall Street). It’s a mechanized, motorized version of the story of David and Goliath, and only one can survive.

The action-packed Battletruck also stars Bruno Lawrence (Smash Palace, The Quiet Earth) and two-time Emmy® nominee John Ratzenberger (Up, Toy Story 1, 2 and 3, TV’s Cheers). Cinematographer Chris Menges would go on to win Academy Awards® for The Killing Fields and The Mission and become an acclaimed director in his own right.

For her performance as Corlie, McEnroe won the Clavell de Plata Award as Best Actress from the Sitges - Catalonian International Film Festival.

DEATHSPORT/ BATTLETRUCK DOUBLE-FEATURE
    COLLECTOR’S EDITION BONUS CONTENT:

DEATHSPORT SPECIAL FEATURES
    • New anamorphic widescreen presentation (1.78:1)
    • Audio commentary with co-director Allan Arkush and editor Larry Bock
    • Interviews with actor Jesse Vint
    • Original theatrical trailers
    • Still gallery
    • Trailer and TV spots

BATTLETRUCK SPECIAL FEATURES
    • Audio commentary with director Harley Cokliss
    • Trailers"