UZUMAKI (Spiral) Coming this summer R1

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by Erg0n, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Erg0n

Erg0n My Baby Picture

In a House that's Up My Butt In A Cellar, Canada
  2. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

Cool ,that's an awesome cover.

I have the Korean disc of this, but I probably will end up getting the r1 anyhow, just for the special features.

3. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Same here. Awesome, awesome movie. Not to echo Cujo's constant praise, but this is probably my favorite Asian film of recent years as well. Great cover, and I'll be snagging it for the extras and hopefully improved transfer. $20 retail = under $15, so it won't be too hard to double dip.

4. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

This movie sounds promising and since I am trying to get into more Asian movies I think I may order this when the time arrives. Again I know little about this movie (like most Asian movies) but I haven't hit on many that I didn't like.

5. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Like Andrew, everyone else here probably knows how much I adore this film by now. Despite having the R3, I'm definitely double dipping to get the extras on this release. I love that cover as well. I wonder if the transfer will beat out the R3's.

6. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I almost just ordered the R2 of this, as I was anxious to order it because Cujo has never let me down on a recommendation. It would be en route if amazon.co.uk's site hadn't crashed mid order. I am glad it got messed up though, because this one seems like a better disc and, superficially, I just like the cover better. I look forward to checking it out.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2004
  7. Ravenheart

Ravenheart Guest

I'm really looking forward to this because I love Uzumaki.I have a reg.0 version but it has some glitches in it so I'll definately be picking up this version.

8. shift

shift Hot as shit!

Is it out. Can it be purchased yet???

Thanks

9. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Its been delayed a week according to DVDEmpire.

10. Fart Lighter

Fart Lighter Guest

Uzumaki is 'Vortex', not 'Spiral', which is a completely different film.

11. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Damn, I need to get this asap, thanks cujo.

12. Mattster

Mattster Guest

Er... no. Spiral is the title in the states and Vortex is the English title in Hong Kong.

13. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I'm definitely getting this, it will be on my next order on DDD after Horrorfind.

14. Fart Lighter

Fart Lighter Guest

15. Well, looks like Elite missed their release dates for this. Still not out yet. Any updates? Their web site sucks really bad.

16. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I still haven't seen it yet, which is good. It removes the temptation so I can save some cash.

17. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

I actually got the Elite disc. A fellow forum member had bought it and traded it to me. So it IS out, but not sure where he got it.

18. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I rented the Elite DVD of Uzumaki the other night. Very weird atmosphere to this one, definitely creepy and funny at the same time.

19. kyouki

kyouki Guest

Was it just me or was the transfer on the R1 disc terrible? I am assuming the green tint throughout the movie was intentional, which is not so bad, but shadows weren't black enough leaving everything indistinct and muddy. I felt like I was watching a VHS copy at times.

Just to make sure my TV wasn't screwed up I immediately popped in Dawn of the Dead to check and see if my video settings needed to be recalibrated... everything seemed fine in that with vibrant colors, a sharp image, and great shadows.

I really enjoyed Uzumaki so I would like to know if there is another disc (perhaps from another region) with a better transfer?

The audio though was very well done. :)

20. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I have an asian disc, and boy it's terrible quality wise. Contrast is so low, I can barely make out what's going on :D

It looks like an interesting film, but I have not seen the whole thing, not when it looked so bad.