Vague rumor about F13th Box SE from Paramount

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by indiephantom, Aug 26, 2003.

1. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

2. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

Cool. I hope we can see the third one in 3D.Maybe some Alice Cooper videos on part 6.

3. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

There was some discussion over at the Home Theater Forum about whether the movies would actually be uncut or not. Naturally, most of the people there were skepical. Martin Blythe chimed in with this response:

I guess we'll find out for sure on 9/19!

4. I have 4 of the 10 Friday The 13th episodes, and when they were price reduced last week I almost bought the other ones to add to my collection. I am currently planning on waiting for the big announcement, which will then most likely leave me in an even longer wait for the Special Edition Box Set. But it is better than double dipping on yet another series of titles!

Anxiously waiting for September 19th!

5. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

well, let's see here.

The 1st movie will be uncut, I think we can all bank on that.

Part 2:

What was cut?

1. Crazy Ralph's death was edited. It shows more blood and gore from the wire choking him to death and piercing his skin.

2. Mark's death was edited somewhat. You can see Jason behind him and there is a reverse camera angle that shows the machete going into Mark's face.

3. There is a close-up shot of Jeff and Sandra while they are impaled during sex. There is more blood and the spear is shown going through them.

4. There was a scene at the end where we are shown the inside of Jason's cabin and see Mrs. Voorhees' face. Then, before the credits, her eyes open. They cut it because it looked "too fake."

This flim exist, see stills here : http://www.voorheeslair.dreamwater.com/cuts2.html

Part 3 :

Will it be in 3D for real or at least have a 3D version on it?

What was cut?

1. Vera's death was filmed longer. It included a lot more blood and her reaction to it. It was cut because the MPAA said that it looked "too real."

2. Andy's death scene was a lot better. There is a lot more blood and there is a better shot of his body falling down, which runs a few seconds longer.

3. There were three different endings for the movie. The first was the one that we all know.

In the second ending, however, Jason kills Chris. Instead of being attacked in the water by Mrs. Voorhees, Chris axes Jason in the head and goes out to lay in the canoe. The night becomes dawn and Chris gets out of the canoe to go back into the cabin. Chris walks up to the front door and opens it. Right there in the door is Jason, ax in hand. He grabs Chris by her hair and with one swipe, cuts her head clean off.

In the third ending, when Chris opens the door to find Jason, Ali pops out instead and scares her. They get away. Soon after, the paramedics show up, but never find Jason's body.

See the stills here : http://www.voorheeslair.dreamwater.com/cuts3.html

Part 4 :

What was cut?

1. There was a scene cut in which Tommy shows Rob a fake guillotine he made. Tommy puts a stick in the guillotine and cuts it in two. Then, Tommy puts a fake arm in and cuts it off. Rob thinks it's real and starts screaming loud, causing Tommy to laugh. Trish then comes in and asks Rob if he wants to stay for dinner.

2. There was an additional scene cut where Tommy shows Rob how to melt a toy soldier under a magnifying glass.

3. There was a scene cut in which Doug and Sarah are on the porch talking about not dancing.

4. Another cut scene had Mrs. Jarvis going into Trish's room and telling her to go get a car part in town and that she is going jogging before it storms.

5. Another one cut was when before the party starts. Sarah and Doug are together in their room talking about how nice each other's legs are and how nervous they are about going to the party.

6. There was a small scene cut during the time in which the Jarvis' car breaks down. In the original version, right after Trish tells Tommy to hurry up it cuts. However, it continues with Tommy running up to Trish in a scary mask and scaring the hell out of Trish. Tommy then says that he made the mask the first week that he got there.

7. There was another scene cut where Trish finds her mother drowned in a bathtub in the same room where she finds Doug.

See the pics here :
    http://www.voorheeslair.dreamwater.com/cuts4.html

Part 5:

What was cut?

1. There is a different shot of Neil and Les in the beginning when Tommy sees them getting killed by Jason in his dream.

2. There's another shot of Demon opening the toilet door and finding Anita's body.

3. Robin's machete death was originally shown in its entirety. The knife went through her chest, causing blood to spray across her upper half.

4. There was a better shot of the cleaver in Jake's face. Blood squirted out of the wound and down to his neck.

5. A more graphic scene of Joey's death was filmed. His insides shot out of his back as he was axed by Victor.

6. In the original script for Part 5, Violet was supposed to be murdered by a machete between the legs while doing aerobics. The producers found it too offensive, so it was changed to her getting knifed in the stomach instead.

7. Corey Feldman was originally written as the star, but he was busy doing "The Goonies." The producers improvised, and the script was re-written with him having a cameo appearance instead.

8. Also, in the original script, the opening scene was much different. In it, Corey Feldman (as Tommy Jarvis) and Jason were taken to the same hospital after the murders. Tommy goes crazy and kills all of the orderlies and patients while trying to get to Jason. He finally finds him, but Jason rises and attacks Tommy. Then, Tommy wakes up in the back of the mental hospital van.

9. There was a scene with Joey and Robin in the barn. Robin would put a piece of candy in Joey's mouth. Every time that he ate a candy, she would give Joey a kiss. It was cut because of time restrictions.

See the stills here : http://www.voorheeslair.dreamwater.com/cuts5.html

Part 6 :

What was cut?

1. When Tommy's originally put in jail, he asks Sheriff Garris "Why didn't you cremate him?!" 'Him' being, of course, Jason. Garris replies: "They wanted to, but some asshole sent a lot of money to see that he and his mother got a proper burial." In this case, it was Elias.

2. The backbreaking sheriff's scene had more to it. There were more screams, more bone crushing, and his legs began to kick.

3. Allen's insides were ripped out of his body by Jason. He dragged the guts and heart out; he dropped them on the ground where his heart layed steaming.

4. The two camp counselors in the car's deaths were also trimmed: Lizabeth's death was cut of excess blood. Darren was speared, lifted into the air, and then slid down the spear(leaving his insides on it.)

5. The scene where the three paintballers was changed. Originally, you could see their heads get cut off, but it was cut due to the excessive gore.

6. Jason shoved the broken bottle into the caretaker's neck and he falls to the ground as the camera gets a close up of the blood coming out of the bottle.

7. Cort's death had a little more to it in the first print. After Cort is stabbed in the side of the head, blood begins to shoot out his head.

8. The wall-to-wall blood cabin originally had a lot more blood and guts in it. There were shots of livers and hearts running down the walls, but it was all thought too graphic to have in the film.

9. A scene at the very end was cut. In it, a red-haired Elias Voorhees walked to his son's grave. Knowing he wasn't in the casket, Elias gives the camera a wicked glare.

10. Originally, Martin the caretaker was written to survive the movie, only to meet Jason's father in the final scene.

11. Sissy's death was toned down. Originally, you could see her head torn off and dropped.

See the stills here :http://www.voorheeslair.dreamwater.com/cuts6.html

Part 7:

What was cut?

1. Russ' ax death was cut somewhat. In the original, Russ' face splits open as the ax hits it.

2. Mrs. Shepard's death was shown better, with Jason actually slicing her with the spear.

3. The death of Eddie was cut severely. In the cut version, you hear his head drop to the floor. Originally, that was shown.

4. Dr. Crews' death scene was cut badly. Originally, there was a shot of the tree-trimming saw cutting into Crews' stomach, and blood (as well as his guts) flew all over the place.

5. Ben's death was cut a little. Originally, his death was a few seconds longer. His head crushes in and blood pours down his face.

6. There is a reaction shot of Melissa's death. Originally, there was a quick shot of the ax slamming into her face.

7. Dan's death was also cut. There was a shot of Jason's hand ripping through the front of his body with guts attached.

8. At the end of the movie, the ambulance pulls away and the camera goes to a fisherman sitting in his boat in Crystal Lake. Just then, Jason jumps out of the water and drags the fisherman under. It was cut for looking too much like the end of Parts 1 and Part 3.

See the stills here:
    http://www.voorheeslair.dreamwater.com/cuts7.html

Last but now least Part 8 :

What was cut?

1. The only scene cut from Part 8 was the boxer's death. It was originally darts in the eyes that did him in, but it was changed to the hot sauna rock in the chest for whatever reason.

See the still here :
    http://www.voorheeslair.dreamwater.com/cuts8.html

The other three movies will not be part of this set.

Check out this great Jason site :
    http://www.voorheeslair.dreamwater.com/index2.html

6. indiephantom

Awesome KR~!! Great list. :banana: Hey this post just made me a Maniac...woohoo!! After 3 long years. :banana:

7. John

John Guest

Most of all I would like a 3D version of part three. An uncut boxset would be great, butI won't believe it until I see it in my hands.

8. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I hope this rumor is true. Part 1 in it's cut form is very boring for me, hopefully the uncut version will spice it up a bit. And it'd be nice to have special editions for the uncut sequels. :cool:

9. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Still waiting with crossed fingers. Even if the cut footage isn't restored to the films, I'd be happy with it as an extra on each disc, or on the rumored extra disc. No cut footage, no sale!

10. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I rewatched Part 1 a couple of weeks ago for the first time in ages, and damn if it isn't boring!! I will only buy the set if they are uncut and have extras, since I can find used copies of the series cheap!

11. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

well i doubt the uncut version would do much for you. it's only like 10 seconds longer.

12. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

i agree , i would be just fine and happy ,even if they were only as extras.

and if the films are cut , they will never get my money, i have still not bought any of the films on DVD , and believe me i love the series. i can't see buying cut fims.

13. chrishicks

chrishicks classic is back!!!

I have purchased all but 5 & 6. if I run out and buy these 2 I'm sure they will announce all new versions.:)

14. Andrew

Andrew Guest

My theory is that they'll either have extras or be uncut, one or the other. I'm leaning towards extras and still cut, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

15. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Yeah seriously, unless you pay close attention, you won't even notice it.

16. Luna

Luna Guest

This is why I haven't actually purchased any of the DVDs yet, except for Jason X, which I just bought a few days ago. I watched these films endlessly growing up and saw them in the theater and I would hate to give the bastards my money for releasing them hacked to bits. I've been waiting for a special edition uncut boxset for some time now, but I really doubt this will happen. Till then, I'll have to be content with my copies. :D

17. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

I hope they release SE version on their own too, cause let's face it some of these movies sucked really bad :lol:

cough :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. indiephantom

Agree with Part 8, but I love Part 5...I'm in the minority for sure.

19. Dunwich

Dunwich Guest

I also love part V ;) Your not alone ;)

20. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

I love part 5 too, its one of the best:)