Vague rumor about F13th Box SE from Paramount

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by indiephantom, Aug 26, 2003.

1. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Yup, me too. But then hey, I like Halloween 3, too. :D

2. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Well, I'm very much against censorship, so I think it will make a big difference for me. I've seen some of the cut scenes on the internet.

3. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

part 5 was hilarious ......:D and had the second biggest body count next to jason x. i think???

4. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

I don't understand why people hate 5 so much, IMO it had the best characters in the series, you've got Demon singing to his girlfriend on the shitter (guess where I got my name), and Ethel and Junior

Plus you got alot more titties and gore than most other F13 movies.

I know most people say "IT aint really Jason" ahh who gives a fook

5. dayglo

dayglo Member

Regarding friday 5 and Halloween 3.

Friday 5 is one of the most entertaining of the whole series, it's so laughably bad that I totally enjoy it. It's really high on the repeat viewing scale for me.

Halloween 3 is way better than any of the films that followed it. Someone tried to do something new, but people wanted the same old, same old. Michaels saga would have been perfectly ended at part 2. As for Conal Cochrane, there was a great villain.

6. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Sorry, but FRIDAY THE 13TH Part 5 is the second best film in the series. Very cool film with some of the best kills, fun characters, a cool vibe of mean-spiritedness, and I liked the different killer.

Also, there's nothing wrong with loving HALLOWEEN III. As my thread in general said, I think its the best film in the damn series.

7. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

you people are a ot sicker than I thought, LOL!:lol:

8. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Fuckin' A to all the LOVE for Part V here! I love the damn film. And yes to the titties and blood!!!!!!!:evil:

9. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

ya, but you said you found the film boring. i don't see how a few more squirts of blood coming out of Kevin Bacon's neck (or Annie's neck flowing a little bit more red stuff & Pamela standing headless a bit longer) will all of a sudden make the film worth while for you.

10. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I thought I heard there were some extras scenes in other cuts of the film, like Bill's death is shown... is that true?

11. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

no. just kevin bacon's full death scene, as well as the Annie character and Mrs Voorhees death scens. thats it. at least, that's it on the R3 and Asian VCDs.

12. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Oh well, even if it doesn't help the film, it'll still be nice to have. I still LIKE the film, but it is boring. :cool:

13. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

There is one other place that its extended. The camera lingers a second or two more on Bill when he's found on the door. Unfortunately, the onscreen deaths of Brenda and Bill are not present. Oh well, maybe next time.:)

14. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Marcie's death is also extended. The shot of her sliding down the wall with the axe in her face is longer.

15. Justin Kerswell

Justin Kerswell New Member

I was contacted by someone I know runs a fairly well known DVD company who has been hired to find extra elements for the first film, including the fabled missing death scenes. I sent them over a copy of an Ad I had from Variety, back when the movie was looking for buyers in 1979, as they were interested in following up the info on there as there were rumours that the film was further precut after being taken on by Paramount.

Personally, I'd be suprised if they find anything. However, it does prove that - even if they don't ever see the light of day - that they are at least looking into the possibility of SE's.

The sad part is, though, that Paramount is reputed to have archived next to nothing of the series. However, maybe it's like MY BLOODY VALENTINE and some producer or director salvaged the cut scenes for himself and they're lurking in some safe out there ...

HYSTERIA LIVES!

16. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I give them props though for actually putting some effort forth. Even if they can't find much stuff.

17. Another good thing about this is if Paramount indeed does try to come up with uncut versions of the F13 series maybe just maybe we will see MBV uncut in the future as well...