Valentine Viewings

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Jan 17, 2009.

?

Did you see MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3D?

Poll closed Feb 16, 2009.
  1. Yes, in 3D

57 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. Yes, in 2D

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Not yet, but I will in 3D

28 vote(s)
    26.2%
  4. Not yet, but I will in 2D

7 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. I like the original but have no interest in this

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Neither interest me

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. rhett

rhett Administrator

So the first big 3D horror film opened up in what feels like an eternity. MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3D. Did you see it? Was it in 3D? Spill the beans before you lose your heart.

2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

yep i checked it out yesterday in 3D it was awesome and even all the movie trailers looked good. i went to the first showing at my theater and it was sold out so i am glad we came an hour early.this was only my 3rd 3D film i have ever seen the first was freddy's dead in the theater and second was the awfully bad night of the living dead 3D. So i enjoyed this very much i hope when this gets released on dvd and blu-ray it will be in 3D but i know it won't be as good.After seeing this i am even more excited for the friday the 13th part 3D DVD as well as the Piranha 3D remake...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  3. promnight13

promnight13 New Member

This remake, sadly, was only so-so in my opinion.

The 3-D was very good but the story dragged on and the "fun" that was established early on in the first 30 mins. of the movie petered out into a love triangle that I did not care for. Bad acting (excluding Tom Atkins) and Jensen Ackles very fake deep voice also stopped this from being a classic. That being said, I'll still buy the 2-D version on DVD as there were some great kills/gore.

4. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I think I'm gonna check this out next weekend. My buddies wanna smoke a j and watch it. And like...a 3-D movie, high? FUCK YES I'm down. :lol:

~Matt

5. YottNik

YottNik Pay the price!

Saw it in 3-D yesterday. It was a matinee so the theater wasn't very full at all. Not much audience reaction, either. It was a fun film though I don't know if it'll hold up in 2-D. I appreciated the nods and winks to the original. I wasn't expecting much from it but overall, I thought it was a good little flick.

6. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I plan on seeing this in a week or two when it will probably not be as packed- definitely want to see it in 3-D

7. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Member

I saw it tonight and I say that the movie and the 3-d technology was fantastic.I may go see it a second time.

sean

8. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I saw it at a special 10:00 P.M. showing Thursday night in 3D. I think that is was pretty good. The 3D was excellent. The only thing missing from the movie was something to make your jump.

9. addicted2dvd

addicted2dvd New Member

I want to see it... but I will have to watch it in 2-D... since I am blind in one eye... and you must have 2 good eyes to watch something in 3-D [​IMG]

10. Xtro_13

Xtro_13 Guest

Saw it at a midnight showing Saturday night. Despite the WB style acting, the movie was fair to midland. However, the 3D effect was very impressive. And that nude scene was one of the best and funniest scenes in a horror movie I've seen in quite awhile.

11. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Not yet, but I will in 3D on DVD...if available.

12. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I'll see it n 3D for sure.

13. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I saw it last night (Tried going Fri., but it was sold out hours before its showing) and enjoyed it, but didn't love it. The acting was completely horrible, even for horror movie standards. The story wasn't told as well as the original and like someone mentioned, seemed to drag a bit after the first half of the film. Oh, and the the cinematography didn't even come close to the original either. The scary moments and tenseness of the original are completely gone in favour of cheesy scares and fun kills. That being said, I wasn't disappointed at all with it, as the 3-D was beyond amazing and well worth the price of admission. After this I am dying to see more flicks in Real 3-D. Count me in for Piranha 3-D, Final Destination, James Cameron's space flick, and anything else they want to show with this amazing technology! If the 3-D in those films is even half as good as this one, they will be worth it. I was expecting to see some pickaxes and what not fly at the screen every once in a while, but was blown away to find out that the whole movie was 3-D. It really puts you in the movie, in with the cast for every shot. And the Director was good at knowing for the most part how to shoot it in 3-D and give you the most bang for your buck. The gore was also really well done, although it didn't have as many memorable kills as the original.

To be honest though, if you can't see this in 3-D, I wouldn't bother. It's not a movie I am excited to watch on DVD, as other then a few gory kills, there isn't much to like about it. Actually, I don't even know if I'll bother picking it up and I am a huge fan of the original and like most remakes. Without the Real 3-D, I just don't think it will be very good. So I recommend everyone check it out in 3-D theaters, as it is definitely an experience worth seeing, but if you can't, then save your cash and rent it for $4.

Oh, and when I saw it the audience was really digging the 3-D, so it made it a really fun experience. That being said, there were lots of jokes being made throughout about how terrible the movie itself was and how bad the acting was, and I had to agree. I hope people will see this and still be motivated to check out the original as it is better in every way. It is one of my favourite slashers, where as this film, until they nail 3-D in homes, isn't something i would bother with.

14. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Saw this yesterday at a matinee screening. Kept my expectations rather low and left the theater very satisfied. The 3-D gimmicks were a blast and the gore was over the top. Despite so many unlikeable characters, I was thrilled to see Tom Atkins back in a horror film. :D Atkins gets ample screen time and even has some good dialogue. It's been a long time since I saw a 3-D film in the theater. So much fun, I now actually plan to see the Piranha remake.

15. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll get to enjoy it either way.

16. HellRazor

HellRazor New Member

Had to see it in 2D, our theater out here in the sticks ain't one of the "select theaters". ("Select Theaters" translates to "All theaters that aren't out in the sticks").

No matter what you think of the movie, without a doubt this is one of the goriest flicks that has played in U.S. cinemas for quite some time. It was like a trip back to the 80's in that respect.

17. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Do you guys think the film stands on it's own or is it just a rehash of the original (just in 3-D).I'm not a big remake fan generally,if it's just a carbon of the original I don't wanna bother,but if there's more to it than a retread I might give it a spin.Thanks.

18. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

The story is actually quite a bit different. I think if you go in with your expectations low you will enjoy it. And the 3-D is worth the price of admission alone!

19. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Cheap ass theater in my area only played the film in 2D. I still liked it better than I expected. Plenty of violence and some nice nudity too. The story moved at a quick pace and never bored. I'm not sure how many other people watch the credits to films but there was a final clip at the very end of the credits. I was the only one left in my theater to see it.

20. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

Anyone have any guesses as to what was censored by the MPAA?Having watched it a second time,I noticed a few of the rapid-fire cuts from the pickaxe entering flesh may or may not have been intentional.I can't imagine what could have been left out,but you know we'll find out on the inevitable Unrated release in a few months.