Valentine Viewings

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Jan 17, 2009.

?

Did you see MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3D?

Poll closed Feb 16, 2009.
  1. Yes, in 3D

57 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. Yes, in 2D

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Not yet, but I will in 3D

28 vote(s)
    26.2%
  4. Not yet, but I will in 2D

7 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. I like the original but have no interest in this

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Neither interest me

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input,I may check it out.I've heard the 3-D works well and it is being shown that way in my town.

2. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Since it was shown in 3D in my town, of course I saw it! It's 3D Horror! Fun stuff.

3. shockwave

shockwave New Member

Saw it a few saturdays ago. Honestly I wasn't impressed, the acting was terrible, it was gory just for the sake of gore, the hospital scene looked like something from Saw. And my shithole area only had 2D. About the only redeeming things from it where the nudity of that hot blonde chick with full frontal for a good while, and seeing Tom Atkins again, the rest I could have done without.

4. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

Damn! What was on the final clip?

5. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

I give it a 7/10. I thought it was a lot of fun, and graphically violent too. Problems I had were the transformations into a whodunit. In the original, we always thought it was Harry (well, you know what I mean) until the reveal. In the remake, we're brought up the thought that maybe one of the leads in the killer. I was dulled for that. But the kills and homages to the original, like the falling clothes, valentine boxes, dryer, plaid shirt, country music (in the store), keeping "Hanniger Mines", and the Axel/Sarah/Tom "T.J." names was a nice reminder. And that short little woman...everyone laughed at her parts. :)

I thought that the nakes Irene bit was something that you don't see very often in horror films nowadays. Like, an actual naked blonde girl running from the killer? Beyond stereotypical, but in a great way. Loved it. But the original is still much better.

6. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Saw it in 3-D as I had heard it was pretty different from the original and I had a free pass.It was not bad.Technically sharp,decent score,lots of violence and mayhem.Nice to see Tom Atkins again (I think this was his first horror film since BRUISER),he's looking well.The original is the better movie (better characterizations,more suspence),but this is a bit better than most second hand retreads and the 3-D is fun.

By the way,when I saw it the film was slightly windowboxed,it didn't quite fill the screen.I went to another theater that weekend and ducked into a screening of VALENTINE there and it did fill the entire frame.Anybody else see it presented slightly reformatted ?